NYCFC in the Media Thread - 2017

Doubt it , but it wouldn't hurt seeing some advertisement from nycfc , brand awareness is everything in my opinion.

true....although i think i saw more advertising towards middle to end of season in subway stations at least.

it wasnt like first year where this was common and even in what ever public phone was left in city....i do think they should try again

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm watching the college basketball Final Four and a Verizon commercial comes on. Basic premise is that most kids want to be sports heroes, not successful in science and technology. So they have 3 sports superstars and a Victoria Secrets supermodel saying that there are enough of them, need more science/techs stars........ Commercial includes:

Drew Brees
Lebron James and.......
DAVID VILLA!!!!!!!

Thought that was pretty cool!!!!

Oh yeah..... supermodel was Adriana Lima........:):):)

Last edited:
I'm watching the college basketball Final Four and a Verizon commercial comes on. Basic premise is that most kids want to be sports heroes, not successful in science and technology. So they have 3 sports superstars and a Victoria Secrets supermodel saying that there are enough of them, need more science/techs stars........ Commercial includes:

Drew Brees
Lebron James and.......
DAVID VILLA!!!!!!!

Thought that was pretty cool!!!!

Oh yeah..... supermodel was Adriana Lima........:):):)

Yikes, and he wonders why NYCFC fans hate him and EoS coverage.

Not sure what you would expect here. A pretty straightforward article. Interesting to read about the work permit rules -- especially that he needs 918 minutes and that Coach V plans to give it to him. We should expect to see him get some spot starts if that is the case.

By comparison, Mikey Lopez started 6 games and made 15 appearances in 2016, but only logged 672 minutes.

Not sure what you would expect here. A pretty straightforward article. Interesting to read about the work permit rules -- especially that he needs 918 minutes and that Coach V plans to give it to him. We should expect to see him get some spot starts if that is the case.

By comparison, Mikey Lopez started 6 games and made 15 appearances in 2016, but only logged 672 minutes.
just meant the wording of his tweet