NYCFC Nation: Podcast

How do we pronounce your username? We had a debate about it. Also, I stand by my answer that if we can't get our hand holding celebration right we need to fold the franchise.
Hahahaha hopefully we have another chance or two to correct the hand holding celebration this postseason. If we still fail at it, then I agree with the franchise folding.

As for the pronunciation of my username, it goes something like this:

Sh - wall - uh (soft a pronunciation) - kus (similar to the "gus" sound in fungus)

For the first part, I don't really know how to fully describe the sound aside from the Sch - wall should be short. When people pronounce my last name, they sometimes add an extra sound in between the Sch and wall, making it sound like Sch(uh) - wall. The "uh" is incorrect and shouldn't be added.

Not sure if I just made it more confusing or not, but hope this helps clear it up a little bit.

Reactions: adam
Hahahaha hopefully we have another chance or two to correct the hand holding celebration this postseason. If we still fail at it, then I agree with the franchise folding.

As for the pronunciation of my username, it goes something like this:

Sh - wall - uh (soft a pronunciation) - kus (similar to the "gus" sound in fungus)

For the first part, I don't really know how to fully describe the sound aside from the Sch - wall should be short. When people pronounce my last name, they sometimes add an extra sound in between the Sch and wall, making it sound like Sch(uh) - wall. The "uh" is incorrect and shouldn't be added.

Not sure if I just made it more confusing or not, but hope this helps clear it up a little bit.
Best. Post. Ever.

We're recording another episode tomorrow, of course some things will come up.

Lampard's retirement/replacement, USMNT, Vieira in Manchester, Chanot/Mata/Taylor's WCQ performances.

Anything you guys want covered? Hot takes and absurd questions included.

We're recording another episode tomorrow, of course some things will come up.

Lampard's retirement/replacement, USMNT, Vieira in Manchester, Chanot/Mata/Taylor's WCQ performances.

Anything you guys want covered? Hot takes and absurd questions included.
1- Your favorite/most comfortable polo collared jersey/kit in your opinion
2- Do you think NYCFC would look awesome with socks like these:
man-city-10-socks-away.jpg
or upload_2016-11-16_13-20-25.png
3- Top five signings (Names, not just positions) you want to see NYCFC make before the start of the 2017 season.
4- Favorite beer, domestic.
5- Favorite beer, international.

1- Your favorite/most comfortable polo collared jersey/kit in your opinion
2- Do you think NYCFC would look awesome with socks like these:
man-city-10-socks-away.jpg
or View attachment 6149
3- Top five signings (Names, not just positions) you want to see NYCFC make before the start of the 2017 season.
4- Favorite beer, domestic.
5- Favorite beer, international.
I'll answer the sock question and polo question now because describing these things on a podcast may not work too well.

I like the black and blue socks. Though I think a wider stripe is a better look for socks. Like this:
pro-feet-bumblebee-5-tp_4745376561975612527b.jpg

As for my most comfortable polo kit: 2012 Tottenham jersey.
spurs-home-shirt-tiff.jpg

Reactions: Schwallacus

Podcast is out if you have nothing better to do and want to listen to us talk about Lampard and Iraola leaving and who we bring in to replace them.

Hear me talk about drunkenly telling Sunil Gulati that NYC should host a 2026 World Cup match.

As well as "would you rather win MLS Cup or CONCACAF Champions League"

Also special shout to Mix Diskerud who will probably never play for NYCFC again. (I get a chicken bucket if he's gone before next season)

Reactions: adam
Latest episode link for those interested. Of course it's on iTunes and Stitcher as well.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/01/interview-with-rafael-esquer-history-behind-nycfc-badge/

This one was REALLY fun to do. I learned a lot personally, the guest was amazing and there's so much to take from it.

Rafael Equer designed the NYCFC badge we all know and love, he walks us through the process as well as how he ended up getting the job.

Definitely a neat look at how things worked behind the scenes and the care CFG took in making sure they got it *just* right.

Latest episode link for those interested. Of course it's on iTunes and Stitcher as well.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/01/interview-with-rafael-esquer-history-behind-nycfc-badge/

This one was REALLY fun to do. I learned a lot personally, the guest was amazing and there's so much to take from it.

Rafael Equer designed the NYCFC badge we all know and love, he walks us through the process as well as how he ended up getting the job.

Definitely a neat look at how things worked behind the scenes and the care CFG took in making sure they got it *just* right.

Great interview.

Surprised on two things...
- One, he didn't have to have sky blue in the logo, but CFG was asking about the use of orange.
- Two, the circle badge looks much, much nicer than the shield badge. I wonder if CFG asked them to make a design that wouldn't get fan votes, so the one they really wanted to get picked.

Great interview.

Surprised on two things...
- One, he didn't have to have sky blue in the logo, but CFG was asking about the use of orange.
- Two, the circle badge looks much, much nicer than the shield badge. I wonder if CFG asked them to make a design that wouldn't get fan votes, so the one they really wanted to get picked.
He actually mentioned before that both him and Reyna loved the shield badge.

He was also mentioned wanting to use orange and at times fighting with them to keep it. He was adamant about having orange and I for one can say I'm grateful he did.

Reactions: Paul and adam
He actually mentioned before that both him and Reyna loved the shield badge.

He was also mentioned wanting to use orange and at times fighting with them to keep it. He was adamant about having orange and I for one can say I'm grateful he did.

NYCFC-BADGES-620x302.png
There's yellow in that shield and the tri-color NYC interlocking letters is ugly.

And with the Melbourne City and subsequent Man City rebranding, how could a majority owned CFG club have anything other than a circular badge.

Reactions: NYCFCfan

Enjoyable interview. Really good insight

Reactions: NYCFCfan
The last podcast episode I posted here was a year ago. Shows you how much I care about self promotion :tearsofjoy:

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/09/going-off-on-a-tangent-with-kateofthings/

This is one I feel proud out, partially because of good soccer discussion, partially because of the scorching hot takes. Here are some of the key talking points (in between recaps of SKC & Portland and preview of Colorado) to give you an idea of

1) Butter vs Cream Cheese on bagels
2) Pirlo's hot/cold performances
3) Khiry/Okoli's future with NYCFC
4) The scarf snatching incident
5) Academy recap
6) What to do when Matarrita returns (my hot take is we sell him this winter)
7) Talking about the stadium and the city council race in Queens

Spoiler: I think the team is going to do poorly in Denver because they're traveling to Denver on Friday and giving themselves only 24 hours to adjust themselves to the high altitude which is a recipe for disaster in my lowly non-professional athlete, non-medical opinion.

The last podcast episode I posted here was a year ago. Shows you how much I care about self promotion :tearsofjoy:

This is one I feel proud out, partially because of good soccer discussion, partially because of the scorching hot takes. Here are some of the key talking points (in between recaps of SKC & Portland and preview of Colorado) to give you an idea of

5) Academy recap

Spoiler: I think the team is going to do poorly in Denver because they're traveling to Denver on Friday and giving themselves only 24 hours to adjust themselves to the high altitude which is a recipe for disaster in my lowly non-professional athlete, non-medical opinion.

Butter is not the correct answer.

giphy.gif

5) Academy recap

i dont think mata gets sold this winter....he is only going to have a few games at most since his injury .....plus value may have dropped a bit because of injury too...so depends what nycfc/ CFG want for him

i think he stays until summer 2018...post WC

1). butter

I keep forgetting to post podcasts here because I'd rather shitpost with everyone else on the stadium thread but here's the latest.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/11/nycfc-sound-silence/

We try to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it and what to expect for the next match. My plan for this game (since I've given up hope that the current team can score more than 1 goal) is to play the kids.

My ideal 11 for the next game (our first home game in 2 months)

--- Lewis ---- Villa---- Harrison ---

Ring -- Moralez -- Sands -- Herrera

Matarrita --- Brillant --- Struna

-------------Johnson-------------

Bench:

Johansen, Sweat, Awuah, Pirlo, Lopez, McNamara, Shelton

And yes the only reason I have Pirlo in there is for a send off with like 15 minutes left. Otherwise I'd have Wallace in there.

I keep forgetting to post podcasts here because I'd rather shitpost with everyone else on the stadium thread but here's the latest.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/11/nycfc-sound-silence/

We try to figure out what went wrong, how to fix it and what to expect for the next match. My plan for this game (since I've given up hope that the current team can score more than 1 goal) is to play the kids.

My ideal 11 for the next game (our first home game in 2 months)

--- Lewis ---- Villa---- Harrison ---

Ring -- Moralez -- Sands -- Herrera

Matarrita --- Brillant --- Struna

-------------Johnson-------------

Bench:

Johansen, Sweat, Awuah, Pirlo, Lopez, McNamara, Shelton

And yes the only reason I have Pirlo in there is for a send off with like 15 minutes left. Otherwise I'd have Wallace in there.

Another great, albeit depressing podcast.

Obviously Vieira is not going to do this at all. But hell, let's go out and win 10-4. Don't want to overlap with the actual match thread. But one point would be if Vieira does this, I see Pirlo starting and coming off at the 50' or so for Sands. Because that's how you let a legend finish his career.

Obviously Vieira is not going to do this at all. But hell, let's go out and win 10-4. Don't want to overlap with the actual match thread. But one point would be if Vieira does this, I see Pirlo starting and coming off at the 50' or so for Sands. Because that's how you let a legend finish his career.
Appreciated, it was a depressing podcast because it was a depressing week. Between NYCFC and the USMNT I'm fully committed to just playing the kids.

If they start Pirlo it means they gave up.