Nycfc/ocsc Sets New Mls Ratings Record On Espn2

539,000 viewers on espn2 for a regular season game.

The old record was Seattle vs. Portland last year with 426,000.

you posted this over on the mls section which when compared to the nyc v oc match is interesting

"Whitecaps v TFC season opener on @MLSonTSN sets new Canadian #MLS audience record with 353,000 average audience. Nearly 2 million people in Canada tuned in to watch the game at some point. That's incredible for Canada. 1/10 the population so that'd be like 3 million+ viewership for USA "

Per capita MLS does better in Canada than the USA. If MLS is to become a top league one day, TV ratings are going to have to increase substantially.

I Would like to see how a LA Galaxy v NYCFC game would rate though.

Last edited:
you posted this over on the mls section which when compared to the nyc v oc match is interesting

"Whitecaps v TFC season opener on @MLSonTSN sets new Canadian #MLS audience record with 353,000 average audience. Nearly 2 million people in Canada tuned in to watch the game at some point. That's incredible for Canada. 1/10 the population so that'd be like 3 million+ viewership for USA "

Per capita MLS does better in Canada than the USA. If MLS is to become a top league one day, TV ratings are going to have to increase substantially.

I Would like to see how a LA Galaxy v NYCFC game would rate though.
Well, if we can get winning, I don't doubt that the NYCFC/LA Galaxy with Lampard and Gerrard might be the first MLS game to crack a million.

Reactions: Fabio