Nycfc Owners Using Mls As A Minor League Team

T

True Blue

I heard a rumor that the owners of NYCFC stated yesterday that they will be using the team as a minor league for MCFC. I have not found it online. Has anyone else heard this, and if so, where can I find it online.

I heard a rumor that the owners of NYCFC stated yesterday that they will be using the team as a minor league for MCFC. I have not found it online. Has anyone else heard this, and if so, where can I find it online.
Owners, as in the Yankees and ManCity/CFG? Ummm no even if they totally did think that and they actually think in their little cabal meetings, there is no way in the world they actually said that.

But I would love to see a link or something, just for the drama.

Nope, haven't heard this. I know it isn't public because it would be all over the american soccersphere if it was

No way would this be uttered publicly. ADUG may think this, Man City may think this, but to actually come out and say it would be ludicrous.
NYCFC already means a great deal to those who have attached themselves to the club, and it is having a knock-on effect with the MLS as a whole; one does not screw something positive like this up.
Not least, can you imagine the furor of the media "expenditure of several hundreds of millions of dollars is nothing more than an exercise in promotion for Manchester City FC"?

If you've found a link, then show it, otherwise I'd simply walk away from this.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
How would that even work? You need a bunch of Americans on MLS rosters, is ManC planning on bringing up a bunch of Americans the first team? They already said we'd be getting some of their youth on our team, but no more than 4 that's a pretty weak minor league team. And they have development teams, why do they need to go through all this rigamarole for that?

Reactions: True Blue

Of course you heard a rumour. RBNY and Cosmos fans hate this club and will spread any rumour they can in order to discredit it and take away its support. It's a wonder that you weren't told that the club is a front for laundering money for terrorists, or that if you say the name three times then Putin will redeclare the USSR and nuke the west.

Of course you heard a rumour. RBNY and Cosmos fans hate this club and will spread any rumour they can in order to discredit it and take away its support. It's a wonder that you weren't told that the club is a front for laundering money for terrorists, or that if you say the name three times then Putin will redeclare the USSR and nuke the west.
True story, on the MLS sub Reddit they claim that NYCFC fans support human rights violations

Reactions: ysmr522
How would that even work? You need a bunch of Americans on MLS rosters, is ManC planning on bringing up a bunch of Americans the first team? They already said we'd be getting some of their youth on our team, but no more than 4 that's a pretty weak minor league team. And they have development teams, why do they need to go through all this rigamarole for that?
You're right. Thanks

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Why would they sink $100 million into a minor league team to feed them? If that were to be the case, I'm sure there are any number of ways they could have set up a farm team for a helluva lot less money.

Reactions: FauxClubAndCountry
Why would they sink $100 million into a minor league team to feed them?
If MCFC want to call NYCFC their farm team, I don't think it'd be much of an insult. Heck, I'd take it as a compliment.

If MCFC want to give $100 million to MLS for any reason at all, it's a win for MLS and soccer in America.

If MCFC sends over loanees from England or Europe or South America to play for MLS, that will increase the quality of play in MLS.

If an American kid gets signed to NYCFC, then he might be thinking, if I play well, I might have a shot at the big stage (and big money) with MCFC in the Premier League (and MLS will get more $$$ for the transfer). That's another win for MLS.

And if MCFC can market NYCFC as the place to watch the next great (probably homegrown) soccer player, then that'll be great for attendance for NYCFC and exposure for MLS.

Reactions: tulio j. cosma
MCFC is trying to build its brand. In that regard, yes, we are spreading their brand. They will loan out players to us, so that we can see them play at home, become their fans, and then want to buy their MCFC jerseys. They could have easily had us loan them Villa and Lamps for a nominal fee (seeing as our current salary cap doesn't matter at all... we're not playing). Instead they sent the better of the two to Melbourne, and put Lamps in a familiar league.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't understand your quote.

On Reddit you can choose a little image to go next to your name - these are called flairs. Einwindir is saying that picking the NYCFC flair and identifying as a fan means that you automatically get "dislike" downvotes from the haters, regardless of what you say.

Reactions: einwindir
On Reddit you can choose a little image to go next to your name - these are called flairs. Einwindir is saying that picking the NYCFC flair and identifying as a fan means that you automatically get "dislike" downvotes from the haters, regardless of what you say.
I thought they were called avatars or icons. Learn something new.

I thought they were called avatars or icons. Learn something new.

Each section has a flair option. so in reddit.com/r/mls you can choose any MLS team, any NASL team, USMNT, and various famous players icons to show up next to your username.
q0M20gG.png

It doesn't actually serve any real purpose other than to add a little personality to your handle/username. so in the hockey sub I have a Rangers logo. There's a metal sub where I have a tiny Thor's Hammer flair.

As far as the "downvote" business. It's just a measuring device on the site for how much a comment adds to the conversation...except most people use it as a like/dislike button.

Ok, thanks