Nycfc Owners Using Mls As A Minor League Team

this actually rings a bell.
I remember seeing/ reading somewhere on the interwebs that NYCFC would be like a "development camp" of sorts for American youth talent to be called up to MCFC.
alternatively, MCFC youth would get the chance to play for NYCFC in the MLS to develop until theyre ready for EPL
this link is the closest I can get right now to what i'm talking about.
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/kreis-nycfc-will-take-manchester-city-players-on-loan-22893/

I'm sure we'll be a sort of de facto training ground for MCFC given where the league stands in relation to that club but so what?

Are clubs like Liverpool to be considered minor league clubs to clubs like Real Madrid simply because their best players will always be plucked away by them? I don't think so.

Just the nature of the beast right now. We'll still be enjoying good soccer. That's all that matters.

Doesn't seem like a bad thing. The US isn't exactly a Soccer country (yet) but it's growing nicely, while (Obviously) England is. So how is this any different then the Yankees having a team in a developing Baseball country for "Up-and-Coming" reasons? Logically-Hypothetically speaking of course.

Plus ManCity also has their claws in Melbourne City FC. How is that different from NYCFC in the same context? Wouldn't they have included Melbourne City FC in that conspiracy?

Doesn't seem like a bad thing. The US isn't exactly a Soccer country (yet) but it's growing nicely, while (Obviously) England is. ...
I'm sorry, who got farther in the last World Cup? :) We tied Italy in the last WC we played them in (where they won it in '06).

I'm sorry, who got farther in the last World Cup? :) We tied Italy in the last WC we played them in (where they won it in '06).

I don't think you can use WC performances to measure a country's football development. At the very least you can't reliably use it when England are involved, as it's well-documented how England have serious problems with lack of player interest, poor coaching and a lack of talented youths coming through.

That's akin to saying "everything in the USA is bigger", but yet the UK has hundreds of things that are bigger.

The MLS as a whole, as good as it is getting, isn't even at Championship level yet. It'll surpass it soon enough, but will take an eternity to reach a parity with the PL.

So that was way off from the point of that post.
The point was how is it different from the Yankees setting up a "Farm team" in a emerging market? Not who's better the US or England.

I don't think you can use WC performances to measure a country's football development. At the very least you can't reliably use it when England are involved, as it's well-documented how England have serious problems with lack of player interest, poor coaching and a lack of talented youths coming through.

How does a "lack of talented youths coming through" not at least partially indicate "a country's football development" or lack thereof?

I don't think anyone should base England's "football development" solely on the Premier League's status as the top watched league in the world -- last I read (about 1 week ago) the PL consists of approximately 36% English players whereas 30 years ago it was nearly 75% English. BTW, today Spain leads the top European leagues with 56% domestic players. I think Germany is the only other top Euro league with over 50% and they are at 51% the last I checked.

How does a "lack of talented youths coming through" not at least partially indicate "a country's football development" or lack thereof?

Because it's a symptom of how they are coached, not how developed football is here. We have more registered players and teams than any other country in the world but the way football is coached here is stuck in the 1970s, where the only thing Joe Bloggs, manager of Generic Name Youth Club F.C. under-11s cares about is picking the kids who are able to run fastest and shoulder-barge other players off the ball, because that's how football worked when he was a child.

Because it's a symptom of how they are coached, not how developed football is here. We have more registered players and teams than any other country in the world but the way football is coached here is stuck in the 1970s, where the only thing Joe Bloggs, manager of Generic Name Youth Club F.C. under-11s cares about is picking the kids who are able to run fastest and shoulder-barge other players off the ball, because that's how football worked when he was a child.
Maybe they need to send everyone to Southampton. They seem to be doing something right.

And you certainly don't have to explain to me the impact of English tactics. Anyone who has followed the US team for very long has seen the detriment first hand. It appears that our youth programs are quite deliberately moving away from picking the biggest/fastest guys, but we still need more qualified, better tactically minded coaches among the youth ranks. Hopefully, some of these initiatives aimed at developing technical skill and tactical nous will pay dividends. Looking at our u20 and below squads, indications are that it is working. Although there is much left to be achieved. Unfortunately, it's not a switch that be simply turned on because the US or England federations respectively recognize the need.

That's not even close to be truth, city group decided to own a mls team bcause they have ingeneer guys in football and they now what is happening in every league around the world so they know the mls can be a boom, so they spending money now with nyc fc but they will gain more later