NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Do you think all the guys on the team now are perfect human beings? You're delusional if you think that's the case.
There's a big difference, and you're swinging quite a bit here on a hyperbole. Nobody is a perfect human being (though Mix does have perfect hair).

I don't know much about John Terry and him being a good person, but the amount of people that say he's a terrible human being kind of tells me I probably don't want him on our team. And then as simple as looking on his wikipedia page and seeing separate categories for Legal Issues, Extramarital Affairs (which included one of his teammates girlfriends), and Racial Abuse Allegations is enough for me to get a decent idea.

Now I haven't looked at the wikipedia pages for all of our guys, and I'm sure for quite a few of them, this level of detail wouldn't be available as outside of the NYCFC realm they aren't well known, and their missteps probably not as well documented. But I don't get the feeling they fall to the John Terry level.

There's a big difference, and you're swinging quite a bit here on a hyperbole. Nobody is a perfect human being (though Mix does have perfect hair).

I don't know much about John Terry and him being a good person, but the amount of people that say he's a terrible human being kind of tells me I probably don't want him on our team. And then as simple as looking on his wikipedia page and seeing separate categories for Legal Issues, Extramarital Affairs (which included one of his teammates girlfriends), and Racial Abuse Allegations is enough for me to get a decent idea.

Now I haven't looked at the wikipedia pages for all of our guys, and I'm sure for quite a few of them, this level of detail wouldn't be available as outside of the NYCFC realm they aren't well known, and their missteps probably not as well documented. But I don't get the feeling they fall to the John Terry level.

So we should never take a guy with a checkered past? Might be really difficult to build a winner without a single guy that some of us don't like. Isn't it the organization's job to make sure they keep that guy in line?

Do you think all the guys on the team now are perfect human beings? You're delusional if you think that's the case.
I don't. But there is a fair amount of space remaining on the spectrum once we establish the extremes as "perfect" and "John Terry". I feel like we probably have that now. I'd like to see it continue.

So we should never take a guy with a checkered past? Might be really difficult to build a winner without a single guy that some of us don't like. Isn't it the organization's job to make sure they keep that guy in line?
Build a winner? Hell, we already have someone most of us don't like. It's just a question of where you draw the line.

Reactions: Goodfella

I think you are going a little far with the absolutes. Not sure anyone is saying the only reason not to sign him is his character. Or that in the right case we should never consider a players with a checkered past. But in this case 35 years old, probably will be expensive (even if he's not a DP hes going to take TAM or at least a full non DP salary) and then on top of all of that when you add in the character issues it's a no go.

Reactions: Gene and Goodfella
I'm not sure why you're asking me that question. I didn't say anything about not acquiring players that have made previous poor decisions. And that part about without having a single guy that some of us don't like....come on man...

Every player acquisition needs to be looked at with a certain lens. The Lampard acquisition has obviously been a fiasco so I hope the front office takes note and that helps direct what moves to make and what not to make. I definitely would not want to sign someone who has signs of being a bad teammate. That leads to toxic situations on the team and Terry seems to fit that bill.

Lionel Messi has had tax issues, but I would love to sign him if we could. Suarez bites people. For me personally, I would not like to have someone like that on our team. I don't know a ton of specifics around other items players have gotten into, but I hope you get the idea.

Grant Wahl reporting Kei Kamara on the trading block, pity that 3rd DP spot is filled with Fat Frank

Interesting situation. This has to be a fire sale. There is one day to move him under league rules, he's now damaged goods, and very few teams can take him as a DP.

I wonder if Columbus would buy down salary if that what it takes to move him.

If so, would we take him? I don't know that he works within our current formation, and I'd hate to screw up the chemistry we've developed by doing something other than 3 in front. Has Kamara played as a winger (honestly don't know). Maybe Villa slides left? It all seems highly doubtful.

Reactions: Goodfella and JayH
Interesting situation. This has to be a fire sale. There is one day to move him under league rules, he's now damaged goods, and very few teams can take him as a DP.

I wonder if Columbus would buy down salary if that what it takes to move him.

If so, would we take him? I don't know that he works within our current formation, and I'd hate to screw up the chemistry we've developed by doing something other than 3 in front. Has Kamara played as a winger (honestly don't know). Maybe Villa slides left? It all seems highly doubtful.
Now there's word he left practice early for some reason,

Andrew King‏@AndrewKingMLS 58m58 minutes ago

Kamara is walking around under his own power, but didn't finish drills. Heads into the locker room ahead of everyone else. #CrewSC

Reactions: Kjbert
How realistic is a trade of Mix for Higuain?

NYCFC would have to buy down $425k more in cap space if it's a straight swap. Maybe they get TAM if they offer another player... Poku, Taylor, Ballouchy all viable options.

I don't. But there is a fair amount of space remaining on the spectrum once we establish the extremes as "perfect" and "John Terry". I feel like we probably have that now. I'd like to see it continue.

What is your Armageddon scenario that so scares you with a Terry signing?

How realistic is a trade of Mix for Higuain?

NYCFC would have to buy down $425k more in cap space if it's a straight swap. Maybe they get TAM if they offer another player... Poku, Taylor, Ballouchy all viable options.

Being that Poku doesn't have a future here, I would trade Poku for Higuain or Kamara, yes.