NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Regarding "goodness" of players, you could measure them on the following:
  • Team chemistry - locker room and on field
  • Opponent chemistry - see Suarez, Zidane
  • White collar - e.g., tax evasion
  • WAG abuse - see Jason Kidd
  • Menace2Society - e.g., drunk driving, guns
Count me among those who want a cleaner team. There's plenty of talent in the world. You can find someone with the skills you need who doesn't have most/all of those.

The only one(s) I'd be okay with are the white collar and maybe the opponent chemistry. Though I had pretty negative views of Suarez right after the last bite and my opponent chemistry wariness has shot back up again after this week's karate kick incident.

Reactions: JayH
Regarding "goodness" of players, you could measure them on the following:
  • Team chemistry - locker room and on field
  • Opponent chemistry - see Suarez, Zidane
  • White collar - e.g., tax evasion
  • WAG abuse - see Jason Kidd
  • Menace2Society - e.g., drunk driving, guns
Count me among those who want a cleaner team. There's plenty of talent in the world. You can find someone with the skills you need who doesn't have most/all of those.

The only one(s) I'd be okay with are the white collar and maybe the opponent chemistry. Though I had pretty negative views of Suarez right after the last bite and my opponent chemistry wariness has shot back up again after this week's karate kick incident.

This person, I want on my team.

Portrait of a Serial Winner

His time at Liverpool was the most fun I've ever had following a team. I think, on some level, the joy I found watching him and the search for it in other places is what led me to embrace NYC so early and so whole-heartedly.

This person, I want on my team.

Portrait of a Serial Winner

His time at Liverpool was the most fun I've ever had following a team. I think, on some level, the joy I found watching him and the search for it in other places is what led me to embrace NYC so early and so whole-heartedly.

If in some crazy series of events leading to Luis "el pistolero" Suarez coming to play for NYCFC I think it would be one of the happiest days of my life seeing him score in an NYCFC jersey. He is basically the reason I started following Liverpool and soccer as much as I do now.

If in some crazy series of events leading to Luis "el pistolero" Suarez coming to play for NYCFC I think it would be one of the happiest days of my life seeing him score in an NYCFC jersey. He is basically the reason I started following Liverpool and soccer as much as I do now.
Preach.

To be greedy, I think we're the perfect team to shell out $10mil/yr for someone really, really good -- better than Villa or Gio -- when the opportunity arises. Unfortunately, you have to find someone worth that much who wants to come to MLS AND has to be on a free transfer. My guess is that that'd be a pretty common sight once MLS becomes a little more relaxed with its transfer rules.

Only guy worth that much on a free this year is Zlatan. Ben Arfa is also available I think.
Ben Arfa has been tremendous this year, but I feel that has a lot to do with him actually feeling comfortable in France compared to England. I'd like to see him here, obviously more than Lampard since he just turned 29 but it would be a risky move.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Ben Arfa has been tremendous this year, but I feel that has a lot to do with him actually feeling comfortable in France compared to England. I'd like to see him here, obviously more than Lampard since he just turned 29 but it would be a risky move.

The better list to see would be the guys who are available on frees the Summer of 2017. I think our next big move will happen in December of 2016. There will be a ton of movement after the Euros as there always is with a big tournament. I think that is good for us, because it may create some logjams at some of the larger clubs in Europe. If a guy like Adam Llalana (throwing a name out there, I have no clue about his contract status) spends the year on the bench because Liverpool went out and got a Pulisic for instance, then that may be a name. And that's the type of player we should target.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
The better list to see would be the guys who are available on frees the Summer of 2017. I think our next big move will happen in December of 2016. There will be a ton of movement after the Euros as there always is with a big tournament. I think that is good for us, because it may create some logjams at some of the larger clubs in Europe. If a guy like Adam Llalana (throwing a name out there, I have no clue about his contract status) spends the year on the bench because Liverpool went out and got a Pulisic for instance, then that may be a name. And that's the type of player we should target.
Copa America, Olympics, Euro Tournament.

You're right, big clubs will buy and force some guys to the bench. That's when we could strike. I assume Lampard will officially be gone by then but it would be tremendous to see them sign a young player as a DP.

I'm calling Keisuke Honda to MLS next year. He could be available on a free after the Euros and is turning 30 this summer. He would be a good get for our system, playing either CAM or RW.

Slightly younger, good system fit, good for marketing, and potentially on a free. The quad-fecta.

I'm calling Keisuke Honda to MLS next year. He could be available on a free after the Euros and is turning 30 this summer. He would be a good get for our system, playing either CAM or RW.

Slightly younger, good system fit, good for marketing, and potentially on a free. The quad-fecta.

You raise a good point. Is everyone OK with a 30 year old? I certainly am (the age thing doesn't bother me if the player is still good. It's not like guys stick around in MLS for 10+ years unless they are American anyway).

You raise a good point. Is everyone OK with a 30 year old? I certainly am (the age thing doesn't bother me if the player is still good. It's not like guys stick around in MLS for 10+ years unless they are American anyway).

My acceptable age is if it's not in question whether they can play out their three year contract. Lampard and Pirlo were question marks on day one. Villa was pretty acceptable at 32. Someone at age 30 without a major injury history is definitely fine in my opinion.