NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

That's very like a play Villa had this year but couldn't put it on frame. Not saying Torres>Villa. Just remarking on that play reminding me of the other.

Villa created to formula, now we just need Torres to follow the same path:

Spanish NT ST + Over 30 + Palying for Atletico Madrid + Champions league final = NYCFC the following season

If John Terry is on Non-DP money, you take him. He had a VERY good year this year at Chelsea. Yes, he's lost a step and MLS is faster in many regards than the Prem. But he had a fantastic year, is terrific in the air, and is one guy who physically would have no problem whatsoever fitting in in MLS immediately.

I also think Bravo is every bit the player Tchani was at age 22. We have the option to buy Bravo. And I hope we do.

Reactions: Ulrich
If John Terry is on Non-DP money, you take him. He had a VERY good year this year at Chelsea. Yes, he's lost a step and MLS is faster in many regards than the Prem. But he had a fantastic year, is terrific in the air, and is one guy who physically would have no problem whatsoever fitting in in MLS immediately.

I also think Bravo is every bit the player Tchani was at age 22. We have the option to buy Bravo. And I hope we do.
I think its a million dollar buy out, which goes into his salary going forward. I could be totally wrong about that though.

The other thing with Terry is that so many goals in MLS come off a terrible defensive or GK mistake. He is going to make fewer of those. Fewer missed clearances, fewer headers that get popped up and fewer times losing the runner. So, even if his physical skills deteriorate, I still think he is an upgrade for almost every team in the league.

What sort of money he is worth and how long he would be around for is far more of a question. Plus, he is utterly unlikeable to be sure.

But, this is a league where Liam Ridgewell, a very middling English defender, came in and is one of the best CBs in the league and Terry is still playing at a high level on a good, albeit underachieving, team.

I think its a million dollar buy out, which goes into his salary going forward. I could be totally wrong about that though.

Very well might be. My understanding is that those figures are more negotiable than anything else. I also think all MLS loan deals MUST have a buy-on clause?

The other thing with Terry is that so many goals in MLS come off a terrible defensive or GK mistake. He is going to make fewer of those. Fewer missed clearances, fewer headers that get popped up and fewer times losing the runner. So, even if his physical skills deteriorate, I still think he is an upgrade for almost every team in the league.

What sort of money he is worth and how long he would be around for is far more of a question. Plus, he is utterly unlikeable to be sure.

But, this is a league where Liam Ridgewell, a very middling English defender, came in and is one of the best CBs in the league and Terry is still playing at a high level on a good, albeit underachieving, team.

Exactly. Think about the difference a John Terry could make in organizing a defense and allowing guys like Matarrita to bomb forward. I thought we won yesterday because of the width provided by Matarrita on the left and Shelton on the right. They terrorized DC United. A John Terry like talent at CB allows you to do that more often.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
Exactly. Think about the difference a John Terry could make in organizing a defense and allowing guys like Matarrita to bomb forward. I thought we won yesterday because of the width provided by Matarrita on the left and Shelton on the right. They terrorized DC United. A John Terry like talent at CB allows you to do that more often.
If Terry is defending on Corner Kicks, he will get his head on 78.34% of them rather than the other team getting a free header. He is ridiculous in the air.

Reactions: Kjbert
I understand that he is a questionable teammate. I would be more concerned if Jason Kreis was the manager and Pirlo and Villa weren't here. He's not an awful guy. He's just a miserable guy who tries to bang everything that walks.

But by all accounts, he's a fantastic teammate on the field and a gamer.

I understand that he is a questionable teammate. I would be more concerned if Jason Kreis was the manager and Pirlo and Villa weren't here. He's not an awful guy. He's just a miserable guy who tries to bang everything that walks.

But by all accounts, he's a fantastic teammate on the field and a gamer.
If you want him, where do you draw the line? I'll take an asshole on the field all day long. Hell, Suarez is one of my favorite players. Even though I know it's all rooting for laundry, I just hope and pray that there is a limit to the shittiness as a human that is tolerated by teams I root for. That hope makes Terry a non-starter for me.

I don't know that I'd give up my tickets, but I'd try to figure a way to financially impact the club. Probably wouldn't move the needle. But hell, winning with no ethical commitment just doesn't excite me as much. It's not some ideal of sport. It's about personal enjoyment.

Reactions: Paul and FootyLovin
If you want him, where do you draw the line? I'll take an asshole on the field all day long. Hell, Suarez is one of my favorite players. Even though I know it's all rooting for laundry, I just hope and pray that there is a limit to the shittiness as a human that is tolerated by teams I root for. That hope makes Terry a non-starter for me.

I don't know that I'd give up my tickets, but I'd try to figure a way to financially impact the club. Probably wouldn't move the needle. But hell, winning with no ethical commitment just doesn't excite me as much. It's not some ideal of sport. It's about personal enjoyment.

Do you think all the guys on the team now are perfect human beings? You're delusional if you think that's the case.

You people don't fucking learn.

A DP contract and a non-DP contract is quite a big distinction.

For every Lampard, we've had an Andres Mendoza, Javier Calle, and Adam Nemec too.

Terry would have a low floor and high ceiling, and be around for two years max. On a non-DP contract, that's fine. On a DP deal, that's a waste. Can not risk low floors with DP guys.