NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

They passed on him last year to sign Pirlo... so I'm going with yes. Pass.
That logic though isn't transitive. Pirlo was the #3 DP last year, and from CFG's perspective Pirlo was the more important signing since only one player could be brought in. in 2017, if Pirlo is already locked in and the team is looking for a player to replace Lampard, then the calculus of signing Schweinsteiger changes completely. I could see him being the perfect compliment to Pirlo and Iraola in the midfield.

That logic though isn't transitive. Pirlo was the #3 DP last year, and from CFG's perspective Pirlo was the more important signing since only one player could be brought in. in 2017, if Pirlo is already locked in and the team is looking for a player to replace Lampard, then the calculus of signing Schweinsteiger changes completely. I could see him being the perfect compliment to Pirlo and Iraola in the midfield.
I would think Schweinsteiger would play more of an Iraola role as opposed to where Lampard is playing. I'm not sure he fits on our roster.

I think these types of players probably only want to play for the "big" MLS clubs and would think it would be maybe 4 or 5 clubs ultimately.
NYC
Galaxy
LAFC
Miami
NJ????
Pretty rough for you to leave TOR and MON off that list given their current star power. I wouldn't underestimate the draw of those Canadian cities, especially for players used to European experiences.

Pretty rough for you to leave TOR and MON off that list given their current star power. I wouldn't underestimate the draw of those Canadian cities, especially for players used to European experiences.
Hmmm, arguable. Defiantly occurred with Drogba and Montreal and I guess could happen again. For Toronto, I would not say this has occurred yet for them. Jozy, Bradley and Giovinco don't qualify if we're talking about aging International talent. Splitting hairs?

Montreal was the decision for Drogba because most of the population speaks French. Wasn't a draw for him otherwise.

If you want to know where these guys want to play - look at where they vacation - New York, LA, Miami.

Between Rooney and Schweinie, whom would you like to see NYCFC sign (forget about the DP or other league BS rules for a second).
Rooney. He could play CF and slide Villa to LW cutting in. Or if Lampard is gone, he could potentially play there.

I don't see how Bastian fits on our team at all, unless Iraola or Pirlo are gone.

Between Rooney and Schweinie, whom would you like to see NYCFC sign (forget about the DP or other league BS rules for a second).

Rooney. Much more versatile. I would argue he has more in the tank right now. Sells more seats and jerseys. Brings more attention to the club.

Rooney could play anywhere up the spine in MLS. Probably slots in perfectly in a Lampard hybrid #10 role honestly, but he would be my pick.

Based on what Frank has been saying i see no reason to think that he will not be here next year. Based on his current performances i think he will be a DP as well. That being said with Mix surely leaving that will leave us with quite a bit of cap space to maybe sign a good GK.

Reactions: Kjbert