NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Why are we not the favorite with Lampard's contract coming off our books? Does LA even have room? And RB probably won't spend.

Rooney is washed up. When a player plays for Manchester United for over a decade, but by the time he turns 30 (usually the prime of a player's career) is being talked of as over the hill, it's not a good sign. Even now, no-one is even quite sure whether he's best deployed as a striker or in midfield. Surely we would be angling for someone better? There's no guarantee that a move to an easier league would actually reignite his form, after all...

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Imagine CFG telling Rooney if he wants to go to New York City, he'll have to spend a few weeks/months playing at Manchester City and rid himself of the sins he's committed being a Red Devil.

Rooney is washed up. When a player plays for Manchester United for over a decade, but by the time he turns 30 (usually the prime of a player's career) is being talked of as over the hill, it's not a good sign. Even now, no-one is even quite sure whether he's best deployed as a striker or in midfield. Surely we would be angling for someone better? There's no guarantee that a move to an easier league would actually reignite his form, after all...

Not saying I want him here. But if you understand MLS salary cap rules and the history of spending of some teams, it's odd we're not the favorite.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not saying I want him here. But if you understand MLS salary cap rules and the history of spending of some teams, it's odd we're not the favorite.
Aside from money I would assume the odds are formulated with other factors such as info they may have of where he wants to play. On a side note, I think it's a positive that we see the odds of players at or coming off their prime coming out of the big 5 in Europe leaning towards MLS rather then a China or Mexico for instance.

Yeah, the Ladbrokes odds are usually pretty amusing. Posted just for shits and giggles.

Reactions: Kjbert
I would rather buy the Cosmos than that shit. Got nothing for him. Shit, Gareth Barry would be a better pick up.

Interesting in that we tried to sign Gareth two years ago. He decided to take the permanent move to Everton.

I'm a huge Everton supporter. He's been fantastic this year. I actually think Barry works better in MLS than Rooney because he doesn't rely on speed. He knows his limitations. Barry is Iraola on steroids. I would argue that Barry is a better fit than Pirlo.

I think Rooney's body is breaking down. But I think he could play here. I don't think he's to the point that Gerrard is at where it's obvious it's over for him. Remember how Petke played Henry that last year. I think Rooney could transition to a role like that.

Interesting in that we tried to sign Gareth two years ago. He decided to take the permanent move to Everton.

I'm a huge Everton supporter. He's been fantastic this year. I actually think Barry works better in MLS than Rooney because he doesn't rely on speed. He knows his limitations. Barry is Iraola on steroids. I would argue that Barry is a better fit than Pirlo.

I think Rooney's body is breaking down. But I think he could play here. I don't think he's to the point that Gerrard is at where it's obvious it's over for him. Remember how Petke played Henry that last year. I think Rooney could transition to a role like that.
I don't think he's nearly the level of Henry technically or intelligence-wise.

Hey, Christopher Jee Christopher Jee gets it. Finally. Glad to know my brilliance isn't a total waste.
I was just having a conversation with some buddies about who is the most non-Suarez Suarez-like striker out there right now. Icardi has to be in with a shout. I suspect I'm a nihilist but if he can give us a Suarez-at-Liverpool season and he just nibbles a few suckers I would probably love it. Like Kevin Keegan love it.

Edit to remove the aneurysm-inducing GIF.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I was just having a conversation with some buddies about who is the most non-Suarez Suarez-like striker out there right now. Icardi has to be in with a shout. I suspect I'm a nihilist but if he can give us a Suarez-at-Liverpool season and he just nibbles a few suckers I would probably love it. Like Kevin Keegan love it.

Edit to remove the aneurysm-inducing GIF.

Balotelli? Less the biting...

Gerrard is gone. Question in the interim is what happens to Zardes. They gave him a massive raise to keep him this year. They had given Omar a DP contract to put off losing him for a year until he could be sold.

Gerrard is gone. Question in the interim is what happens to Zardes. They gave him a massive raise to keep him this year. They had given Omar a DP contract to put off losing him for a year until he could be sold.

Who would have thought that when Lampard, Gerrard, and Drogba entered the league that Lampard would be the one last standing.