NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Tom Heaton, Elastic Man. The best GK in the world for 90 minutes.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is where having a good Academy is so important. If you have a competent kid that you can promote on 60k wages, you drop overpriced, mediocre players. Imagine having a kid the quality of a replacement level CB and discarding Mena at 260k

Plus, the homegrown guys don't even count against the cap at first. This is what I have been preaching. Takes time to get it going, though.

Plus, the homegrown guys don't even count against the cap at first. This is what I have been preaching. Takes time to get it going, though.

Which is why the Galaxy are in it every year. That's the model. Combine young kids with foreign stars. Not the Jason Kreis BS.

Anyone watch Win! yet? His entire expansion draft boiled down to not losing his friend Chris Wingert. Looked like Claudio wanted to punch him.

Reactions: adam and Ulrich
Which is why the Galaxy are in it every year. That's the model. Combine young kids with foreign stars. Not the Jason Kreis BS.

Anyone watch Win! yet? His entire expansion draft boiled down to not losing his friend Chris Wingert. Looked like Claudio wanted to punch him.

I think Claudio had an inkling that Kreis was not the coach the moment he was in that room in the expansion draft. Kreis was trying to recreate the '09 RSL winning squad with the same players in 2015, after it hadn't been working for years.

It all came down to Ned Grabavoy. Kreis drafted Grabavoy first knowing that Ned was going to be injured, a head coach should not take players with significant injury risk unless they are game changing players when they are on the field. Ned Grabavoy was a game changing player on the field, he murdered our attack every time he played.

I think Claudio had an inkling that Kreis was not the coach the moment he was in that room in the expansion draft. Kreis was trying to recreate the '09 RSL winning squad with the same players in 2015, after it hadn't been working for years.

It all came down to Ned Grabavoy. Kreis drafted Grabavoy first knowing that Ned was going to be injured, a head coach should not take players with significant injury risk unless they are game changing players when they are on the field. Ned Grabavoy was a game changing player on the field, he murdered our attack every time he played.
And that's probably why Kreis was axed and his GM skated by injury free. Seriously, when a roster's construction and performance are damned, and the GM comes out smelling like a rose, it's obvious who had the final say. And Reyna hasn't had a single bad pickup this year - it's too bad Reyna couldn't have axed Kreis during the draft and asked for a mulligan.

After watching this Montreal v NJRB game, I really hope we sign a midfielder like Piatti. Absolutely dominated. I hope our next DP is in the mold of Federico Higuain, Piatti, Valeri, Lodeiro, etc. South American players that could probably start for midlevel teams in a top 5 league but come here to get paid.

Reactions: Kjbert and Paul
And that's probably why Kreis was axed and his GM skated by injury free. Seriously, when a roster's construction and performance are damned, and the GM comes out smelling like a rose, it's obvious who had the final say. And Reyna hasn't had a single bad pickup this year - it's too bad Reyna couldn't have axed Kreis during the draft and asked for a mulligan.
Reyna gave Saunders a raise and an extension. the way he has left us without competent backups at almost every position is awful. He sucks.

Reyna gave Saunders a raise and an extension. the way he has left us without competent backups at almost every position is awful. He sucks.

If Eirik is going to be the number 1 next year, it doesn't make sense to have his contract sitting in the bench.

Maybe we waive him. Or hope he's picked up in the expansion draft.

Reactions: adam
Really? That black and white? I'd say the following list has shown incredibly well this year and is the mark of a great GM:
Trading to get Harrison
Chanot
Brillant
Mata
Mendoza
Martinez

5 of these guys could start tonight.

Some Headlines...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/chelsea-set-to-loan-out-fabregas-xhxzwgs57
"Chelsea are willing to let Cesc Fàbregas go out on loan in January and may even subsidise his wages to give Antonio Conte the best chance of bringing in another midfield player."

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/10/28...nt-move-from-manchester-city-to-spanish-side/
"Samir Nasri is hoping to make his loan spell at Sevilla permanent, according to an exclusive report by The Sun."

There was a rumor of Fabregas to Atlanta United. I still think that is possible.

The Nasri deal wasn't going to happen once he started lighting up La Liga. Man City needs the transfer proceeds to conduct other business.

Go get Wes Sneijder as was the attempt 18 months ago.

CFG had discussed a permanent move to NYCFC with Gareth Barry 18 months ago. I know he is 36, but I will go out on a limb and say that Gareth Barry is a better DP for us right now than Andrea Pirlo. He's not the class that Pirlo is, but for this league, Barry is a better fit. He is Iraola on steroids, with the physical ability that you need in this league.

Chelsea are willing to let Cesc Fàbregas go out on loan in January
Why don't we see more 6 month loans from January to June? A European team wants a player to get game time. An MLS club has a DP slot available after a retirement (ala Frank Lampard) and doesn't mind spending some cash to fill the void until the summer window when the real DP will sign.

Couldn't that be a thing?

Why don't we see more 6 month loans from January to June? A European team wants a player to get game time. An MLS club has a DP slot available after a retirement (ala Frank Lampard) and doesn't mind spending some cash to fill the void until the summer window when the real DP will sign.

Couldn't that be a thing?

You'd have to imagine Villa would be thrilled to have another one of his Spanish teammates around.

Reactions: FootyLovin
CESC would be amazing. Doubt it happens but both Cesc and Pirlo in the midfield would be insane offensively but defensively a nightmare.

We would have to go full on Tiki-taka our only hope on defense would be to never let the opposition have the ball.

Reactions: Kjbert
If Pirlo isn't returning (nobody seems to know if he is under contract or not), why not both Fabregas and Barry? And retain Lampard on TAM, and sign Alvarado with Mix's money.

Harrison - Villa - Shelton
Fabregas - Barry - Lampard
Matarrita - Chanot - Brillant - Alvarado
Johansen

We'd need more depth than just McNamara and Allen, but that's a hell of a starting lineup.

I wonder if next year's TAM allotment is already earmarked for Chanot though. There's a 99% chance the lineup above is not affordable.

If Pirlo isn't returning (nobody seems to know if he is under contract or not), why not both Fabregas and Barry? And retain Lampard on TAM, and sign Alvarado with Mix's money.

Harrison - Villa - Shelton
Fabregas - Barry - Lampard
Matarrita - Chanot - Brillant - Alvarado
Johansen

We'd need more depth than just McNamara and Allen, but that's a hell of a starting lineup.

I wonder if next year's TAM allotment is already earmarked for Chanot though. There's a 99% chance the lineup above is not affordable.
Lampard is likely leaving to be fast-tracked as an FA coach