NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

True. But they can be meh, too. No guarantees, just like with every signing. Still, rather sign them than not, of course.

I guess I'd score us at about 50-55% so far on DP signings. Out of 3, one great one, two who combined to be pretty good and miss a lot of time (either due to injury, time of signing or, you know, that other thing). So full credit on one, and almost full credit combined on the other two.
That would put us somewhere around 60-67% hit rate then.

You're correct, signing the right DP is difficult. That's why we don't have to rush it as sooner then later. I'd be fine with the club waiting till the summer to see if there is a better fit at DP. If not, we can assume Honda will be around then as well. If we don't get DP3 till the summer it's not the worst thing in the world.
Fair points. We'll see what happens. I'm ok with either decision as long as the FO has a plan, and with the way they have been constructing their roster so far this offseason, I'm 100% confident that they will.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
I also think that you have to discount inaugural DPs because you have no basis to determine fit, and the marketing need is much greater. We did well considering those drawbacks. Going forward, with what I believe is our plan and our considerations, I think that our hit rate can/will be very high.

Reactions: Kjbert and joe
That would put us somewhere around 60-67% hit rate then.
Almost full credit. If I must show my work, then fine.
1*.33
+.7*.66*.33
+.6*.4*.33

But frankly, I was generous in my ratings. I would rate both players 7 or 8, but the signings themselves are no better than 5 at best.

Almost full credit. If I must show my work, then fine.
1*.33
+.7*.66*.33
+.6*.4*.33

But frankly, I was generous in my ratings. I would rate both players 7 or 8, but the signings themselves are no better than 5 at best.
if your calculations are 60-70% for each player, then that is hardly "almost full credit" - that's barely passing.....

Reactions: Kjbert
if your calculations are 60-70% for each player, then that is hardly "almost full credit" - that's barely passing.....
The combined score of two is almost full credit for one. First number is score, second is time available. Shit man, this isn't a real scientific thing.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
As long as the fact that we are going after a guy like Gylfi Sigurdsson isn't a typo, this is pretty cool news. Definitely shows we aren't overly worried about "marketing value" of our DPs anymore, no offense to Gylfi.

Also, that's a textbook leak by the selling club to pressure the buying club into a higher offer, no?

EDIT: Recent news indicates Sigurdsson wants to stay at Swansea. The "typo" as a weekly wage would total about $16-17 million per year. I could see him throwing out a number like that if he doesn't want to move and definitely doesn't want to leave Europe. I mean, China's paying salaries like that.

Last edited:
Lmao pogba to Birmingham .

Fuck. Well sigurosson is quality. Wish we could get him. Think he would be MVP quality here

Gylffi Sigurdsson would be an absurd signing. Everton wanted him last summer and couldn't agree to a fee.

He should be playing in the UCL, not in MLS. That being said, he's a game changer. Maybe the most underrated player in the Prem right now.

If its 250K/month Pounds, that would be an annual contract of $16.32, nearly 3x what Villa is making...
Young apprentice.... your arithmetic is wrong. 250K/month = 3M/year......