NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Missed out on? Wallace is better. And CR is miles better than Ireland.

Maybe. But Wallace wasn't their first choice. Horgan was. Wallace, like Maxi, wasn't the #1 choice. Very lucky we fell into Wallace.

Not sure he's a better player than Horgan. I do believe Wallace provides certain traits than we lack - positional flexibility, height, a long ball outlet - Wallace was better for this current NYCFC roster. But I really like Horgan. Really explosive player in a Jack Harrison mold. I'm hoping Jonathan Lewis is that type of player in the future.

I'm Irish so I love them all. They're all pricks on the field. Guys like Shane Long and Jeff Hendricks just start shit. James McCarthy too. All pricks on the field. Got their asses handed to them tonight
Didn't get a chance to catch the game, but from the lineup it looked like it was mainly a backup squad to give O'Neill and Keane a chance to look at some of the depth/potential depth of the squad. Will be interesting to see what squad they role out for the WCQ vs. Austria.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Guy doesn't look like an athlete yet he's one of the best in the world at what he does.

Makes me believe even more that there is no reason the US shouldn't eventually dominate world football.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Guy doesn't look like an athlete yet he's one of the best in the world at what he does.

Makes me believe even more that there is no reason the US shouldn't eventually dominate world football.
Yeah, we got this:
jp-weight-2-articleInline.jpg broncos-player-reportedly-fined-300000-for-being-overweight-could-leave-team.jpg sabathia.jpg awxbp4puw8wn20nzapmz.jpg MH-Prince-Fielder.jpg

PS: I realize you probably meant the opposite; that with good training etc there's no reason we can't excel at soccer, but this was too easy.

Last edited:
I HATE ROMAN REIGNS

Yeah, they really messed up his character. Now he's hated by everyone and it's becoming a joke. But because they're still booing him, he's still important to the character arc. If fans were silent, they Vince would change his opinion of him.

Reactions: Kjbert
quote-i-ain-t-an-athlete-lady-i-m-a-ballplayer-john-kruk-244887.jpg

Back to the topic at hand - I want a replacement for Callens. Great athlete, shitty defender.

#HotTake

Back to the topic at hand - I want a replacement for Callens. Great athlete, shitty defender.

#HotTake
Better let that one cool a bit and then revisit..... Callens has issues, no question about it, and I cringe at the sheer number of lazy/soft passes he makes. He has some tactical issues with picking up guys & where to position himself. But he's got great speed, very competent dribbling ability (where would we be last game if he had to pass to Mikey?), and he's a threat on set pieces (not saying much with our horrid conversion rate). And at $180K, he's been as solid of a partner to Chanot as any CB we've had; he's literally the 2nd best CB we've had. Hell, I'd rate our CBs in the following order of usefulness, and please correct me if any are out of order (it's really hard to get a good CB in MLS - playing CB, not moved to outside back):

Chanot: $350K
Callens: $180K
Billant: $280K
Mena: $250K
Facey: $120K
Hernandez: $200K
Watson-Sirboe: $65K
Mendoza: (price of 1-way ticket home)
John: (Box of KT Tape)

I didn't include White or Wingert because while they played some at CB, they ended up playing far more at L/RB.

We have a single allstar quality player on that list. Brillant is fine defending against less-mobile attackers and with the green light to kick it out rather than play the pass. Mena was a remarkable 1v1 defender but he had serious problems with tactics and technical ability. Facey wasn't really sized correctly for CB but I'd take his tactical awareness and technical ability over Hernandez any day. Poor Kwame although he did score a beauty of a goal off a set piece.