NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Poking around on Fuchs. Facts:
Anything else to add to this rumor mill? Is there any direct support for him potentially coming over now rather than next summer when his contract expires?
Fuchs confirmed

Attachments

• fuchs.jpg
    fuchs.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 33
Not only did Juanfran attend the NYC/Philly match, he also took the subway there. I spotted him as he entered the train but wasn't able to speak with him because it was so damn crowded. I basically stalker watched him the entire way from 59th to 161st and not a single person approached him. I'm sure these big European players love the relative anonymity of NYC -- not that it will always be that way.

Not only did Juanfran attend the NYC/Philly match, he also took the subway there. I spotted him as he entered the train but wasn't able to speak with him because it was so damn crowded. I basically stalker watched him the entire way from 59th to 161st and not a single person approached him. I'm sure these big European players love the relative anonymity of NYC -- not that it will always be that way.

Some soccer players would be recognized in the city: Messi, Ronaldo, probably. Right?

Reactions: Kjbert
Some soccer players would be recognized in the city: Messi, Ronaldo, probably. Right?

I bet it would be shocking how few people in the US would know Messi if you sent him out on the streets of NY. Ronaldo might fare a bit better but only because he had a few strange stints with Kim K and Paris Hilton sadly.

My mom knows who Ronaldo is. He's a Michael Jordan level star. Messi would be more anonymous.

The thing about New York is that no one gives an F who you are unless you are Ronaldo or Jeter or Trump or Obama or a Kardashian. I would say you could count on two hands the number of celebrities that would cause a stir in New York.

Reactions: SoupInNYC

Thierry Henry used to talk about this and how much he loved it. There is no doubt that living fairly anonymously in a world class city is a huge draw for a lot of these guys.

Zlatan would be a fantastic signing for LAFC in the same way Pirlo was a great signing for NYCFC. Attention, ticket sales, league visibility. Ability and firepower would be questionable, but if I were a casual soccer fan, I'd probably pay to see Zlatan before he retires.

With his injury, he should be back on the field around January. If we sign him, we riot. No more DPs over age 34/35. LAFC on the other hand, go ahead...
He's an interesting one. I think he's a better fit for the league than Pirlo, at least until he can't do it physically (which could be now given the injury).

He had a strong year at United before getting hurt. Perhaps the best analogy would be Drogba in that, if he recovers from the injury, I could see him bossing games for a while because he's extremely strong but also more skilled that nearly all MLS players.

But, at that age, it can go fast. Drogba had an amazing half season for Montreal and was arguably the best player in the league for those 3-4 months, but then, within a year, he's an albatross. If any team goes after him, I think you need to keep the contract short.

He's an interesting one. I think he's a better fit for the league than Pirlo, at least until he can't do it physically (which could be now given the injury).

He had a strong year at United before getting hurt. Perhaps the best analogy would be Drogba in that, if he recovers from the injury, I could see him bossing games for a while because he's extremely strong but also more skilled that nearly all MLS players.

But, at that age, it can go fast. Drogba had an amazing half season for Montreal and was arguably the best player in the league for those 3-4 months, but then, within a year, he's an albatross. If any team goes after him, I think you need to keep the contract short.

I could see 2-year, $18 million for Zlatan to LAFC.

3-year, $30+ million for Chicharito, if possible. LAFC or LAG.

Reactions: Kjbert

First, I think there is some evidence out there that Drogba was even older than he said.

Secondly, there's hardly anyone as fit as Zlatan. He's a guy I actually think might go until 40.