NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I'd take a Romain "Reigns" Alessandrini

So you mean a player absolutely everyone hates, who gets gassed after a few minutes, but somehow always comes out on top? :D seriously maybe we should have a wrasstling thread in off topic.

More seriously who the hell wouldn't take a player like Alessandrini? Maybe a B or B minus player in his league in Europe but in his prime can't possibly coast on name recognition seems exactly what to aim for to me.

Back to the topic at hand - I want a replacement for Callens. Great athlete, shitty defender.

#HotTake

In all fairness the reviews on Callens were nothing but positive up until he got Sweat as his partner on the left and Mikey showed up in the middle. I'm inclined to think the good we saw in the beginning of the season is a better indication of his abilities than what we are seeing now that he's got 3rd stringers to his left and in front of him.

To be fair, I think Callens is the second best defender this franchise has ever had.

And I still think we need an upgrade. Terrific value though on his wages. Would like to see him as a LCB or Sweeper in a 3 man backline.

To be fair, I think Callens is the second best defender this franchise has ever had.

And I still think we need an upgrade.
I don't disagree with you, but under the circumstances, were doing pretty well with him. Brillant could be gone after this year, depending on the length of his contract, and his $ could go a long way to bringing in a guy that can beat Callens out. Brillant may also not be too thrilled about being a marginal backup and ask for a trade, thus freeing it up sooner.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't disagree with you, but under the circumstances, were doing pretty well with him. Brillant could be gone after this year, depending on the length of his contract, and his $ could go a long way to bringing in a guy that can beat Callens out. Brillant may also not be too thrilled about being a marginal backup and ask for a trade, thus freeing it up sooner.

Callens and Brillant could equal a hell of a CB $ wise.

Thus the importance of having an Academy. Bringing through a James Sands every year allows you to offload an RJ Allen, Mikey Lopez or Khiry Shelton and their contracts. Cheap depth is so important in this league.

Callens and Brillant could equal a hell of a CB $ wise.

Thus the importance of having an Academy. Bringing through a James Sands every year allows you to offload an RJ Allen, Mikey Lopez or Khiry Shelton and their contracts. Cheap depth is so important in this league.
What I would give to have Auston Trusty. That kid looks not long for MLS. 6'3", athletic,can run, has soccer smarts. We need some of those guys to get rid of exactly who you mentioned.

What I would give to have Auston Trusty. That kid looks not long for MLS. 6'3", athletic,can run, has soccer smarts. We need some of those guys to get rid of exactly who you mentioned.

I'm prettt cynical about the club right now, but not when it comes to the Academy. I have no clue if they will sign any of these kids but there is talent there. Give it 4 years and they will be all over the US U-20 squad.

I've really enjoyed watching the U-20 World Cup btw despite Tab being Tab

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I'm prettt cynical about the club right now, but not when it comes to the Academy. I have no clue if they will sign any of these kids but there is talent there. Give it 4 years and they will be all over the US U-20 squad.

I've really enjoyed watching the U-20 World Cup btw despite Tab being Tab
Pretty encouraging from a national team perspective that we're so high on Sands and he's not really any sort of standout on the u17s.

Pretty encouraging from a national team perspective that we're so high on Sands and he's not really any sort of standout on the u17s.

Fair but remember the position he plays. How many defenders get love at that age? Erik Palmer Brown is the best defender I've seen in South Korea these past two weeks but no one talks about him because a 17 year old ginger from Missouri might sign with a shitty German side. Meanwhile, Juventus have been trying to buy EPB for two years now?

I wonder if he featured as a holding midfielder would the chatter be louder? He's a terrific MLS prospect.

Fair but remember the position he plays. How many defenders get love at that age? Erik Palmer Brown is the best defender I've seen in South Korea these past two weeks but no one talks about him because a 17 year old ginger from Missouri might sign with a shitty German side. Meanwhile, Juventus have been trying to buy EPB for two years now?

I wonder if he featured as a holding midfielder would the chatter be louder? He's a terrific MLS prospect.
Everyone talks about EPB. He won a 2nd div title at Porto B last year. He's just so good and Vermes is just such an asshole who plays the seniority game.

EPB has been rumored to have Juve after him for 2 years. He's definitely talked about.

When I watch EPB, he's a god-like central defender. Sands is not.

I have thought Sands should be tried in that dm role for u17, but I think his lack of athleticism hurts him with the direction we are taking as a national team program. He'll need to turn into a positional master in midfield to have an NT future. Otherwise, there are too many guys far better at turning the ball around just a bit older and younger than him.

And CB is sort of locked up for like 15 years at this point. JAB just had the largest fee ever for an American, and you have CCV/EPB who both are better than who we'll likely see at Gold Cup.

And that ignores Miazga, who was the most expensive MLS defender transfer ever, and just helped Vitesse to their first trophy ever. And Justen Glad and Tommy Redding, who are both already MLS starters, with Glad in particular being a great player.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of observers mention that EPB has been the best player in the entirety of the u20 World Cup, not just American. I'd agree with that assessment, and I think he may leave this tournament with the Golden Ball, as he did the CONCACAF tourney.

He's one of my favorite players I've ever watched at this age. Pairing him and CCV is almost unfair.

EPB might be the best MLS defender, period. And Vermes leaves him on the bench, even opting for Kevin fucking Ellis sometimes. No wonder I get the distinct impression EPB wants to beat the snot out of that punk.

Last edited:
Everyone talks about EPB. He won a 2nd div title at Porto B last year. He's just so good and Vermes is just such an asshole who plays the seniority game.

EPB has been rumored to have Juve after him for 2 years. He's definitely talked about.

When I watch EPB, he's a god-like central defender. Sands is not.

I have thought Sands should be tried in that dm role for u17, but I think his lack of athleticism hurts him with the direction we are taking as a national team program. He'll need to turn into a positional master in midfield to have an NT future. Otherwise, there are too many guys far better at turning the ball around just a bit older and younger than him.

And CB is sort of locked up for like 15 years at this point. JAB just had the largest fee ever for an American, and you have CCV/EPB who both are better than who we'll likely see at Gold Cup.

And that ignores Miazga, who was the most expensive MLS defender transfer ever, and just helped Vitesse to their first trophy ever. And Justen Glad and Tommy Redding, who are both already MLS starters, with Glad in particular being a great player.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of observers mention that EPB has been the best player in the entirety of the u20 World Cup, not just American. I'd agree with that assessment, and I think he may leave this tournament with the Golden Ball, as he did the CONCACAF tourney.

He's one of my favorite players I've ever watched at this age. Pairing him and CCV is almost unfair.

EPB might be the best MLS defender, period. And Vermes leaves him on the bench, even opting for Kevin fucking Ellis sometimes. No wonder I get the distinct impression EPB wants to beat the snot out of that punk.

Yes "we" talk about EPB because we're smart and watch the game. Soccer talking heads have ignored him this tournament. He's overlooked because Americans are obsessed with the number of goals someone scores. Like the old chicks dig the long ball.

Interesting point on Sands. I look at him as a Michael Bradley 6. Some teams play like that. Others want a Kante style 6. Some use two pivots who go box to box. I agree that his NT future will depend on the formation and tactics. You don't build a team around him probably, but for 7 years the USMNT has been built around Bradley so who knows?

This kid is a freshman at s Div 2 school I never heard of, and his visit today was probably a courtesy because he's from the Bronx and his ex-coach knows a guy who knows a guy. But on the tiny chance that we sign him in a couple of years I can point to this post and say ahA!! I told you all! He came up to Delta to watch the game, too.
Bakary Diallo
IMG_6118.JPG

Poking around on Fuchs. Facts:
Anything else to add to this rumor mill? Is there any direct support for him potentially coming over now rather than next summer when his contract expires?

Poking around on Fuchs. Facts:
Anything else to add to this rumor mill? Is there any direct support for him potentially coming over now rather than next summer when his contract expires?
How far in advance would you say a player conducts serious/advanced negotiations? If it's more than a year out, then yeah maybe next summer, but if only feelers are extended so far out, it's looking sooner rather than later (whether that is this summer or next winter).

My money is on this summer - makes sense from Leicester's standpoint too so they can get a new starter in for all of preseason. They're gonna have a mini exodus with Mahrez stating he wants out, and they'll need to retool a number of spots. Vardy may also be scooped up by Everton. A good time for Fuchs to leave.

How far in advance would you say a player conducts serious/advanced negotiations? If it's more than a year out, then yeah maybe next summer, but if only feelers are extended so far out, it's looking sooner rather than later (whether that is this summer or next winter).

My money is on this summer - makes sense from Leicester's standpoint too so they can get a new starter in for all of preseason. They're gonna have a mini exodus with Mahrez stating he wants out, and they'll need to retool a number of spots. Vardy may also be scooped up by Everton. A good time for Fuchs to leave.

It might depend more on whether Leicester demands a transfer fee, right? We are pretty likely to work out a salary with Fuchs, considering he kind of backed himself into a corner by saying "New York or bust," unless we get into a bidding war with New Jersey (which I'm sure the MLS front office will head off.)

But if Leicester demands a fee, he might end up staying put another year.

It might depend more on whether Leicester demands a transfer fee, right? We are pretty likely to work out a salary with Fuchs, considering he kind of backed himself into a corner by saying "New York or bust," unless we get into a bidding war with New Jersey (which I'm sure the MLS front office will head off.)

But if Leicester demands a fee, he might end up staying put another year.
I wonder if they would demand a fee. They know he's gone next year, so if he plays out his contract they get nothing anyway. While he's really good, he's not a can't-live-without in the PL. They may need to strike now for a replacement because there's no guarantee they'll finish top half next year with the number of replacements they're gonna have to make across the roster -> potential less $ for final ranking in 2018 table.

Edit- also, will Leicester want a disgruntled player in their final season of the contract that has zero chance of being extended?

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I wonder if they would demand a fee. They know he's gone next year, so if he plays out his contract they get nothing anyway. While he's really good, he's not a can't-live-without in the PL. They may need to strike now for a replacement because there's no guarantee they'll finish top half next year with the number of replacements they're gonna have to make across the roster -> potential less $ for final ranking in 2018 table.

Edit- also, will Leicester want a disgruntled player in their final season of the contract that has zero chance of being extended?

And according to this, he's on yearly wages of $3.35 million. I would say that helps the case of Leicester letting him go without a fee, but hurts the case of Fuchs coming over this year. We certainly won't pay him that. So why take a 7-figure paycut prematurely?

And according to this, he's on yearly wages of $3.35 million. I would say that helps the case of Leicester letting him go without a fee, but hurts the case of Fuchs coming over this year. We certainly won't pay him that. So why take a 7-figure paycut prematurely?
Let's just assume DP was part of the discussion. K.

IDK, could be for half a year since Pirlo is MIA, and half a year of Pirlo's salary is roughly $3M.