NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Secondly, there's hardly anyone as fit as Zlatan. He's a guy I actually think might go until 40.
Yeah. The doctors who performed his knee surgery and observed his recovery said that they never saw anything like it, and suspected that he may be a bionic man. They seriously requested to perform a scientific study on him because they were so baffled.

If you don't think Zlatan would dominate MLS right now, you didn't watch Man U this year. He carried a shitty team to 6th in the Prem and dragged their asses to the Europa League Final before his injury.

Now, that's a serious injury. But he's younger than Villa. He's always been the fittest player on the pitch and he's a physical player, fitting the MLS style.

He's always been the fittest player on the pitch and he's a physical player, fitting the MLS style.
And exceeds both by an order of magnitude.

A few months ago, I got hooked binge watching Zlatan's bio doc multiple times on Netflix. I love that guy.

But I'd doubt CFG would ever have him after Guardiola's input. And the people running the club above him. Listened to a sports management guru, and the guys running CFG had very real philosophical reasons for dumping him.

Right or not, they have their Barca mantra, and that's not going to change. I don't fault them for that. But it does make me wonder how we ended up with Lampard and Pirlo - save a lack of intent to immediately try to win and instead use early days for solely branding.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/identity/card/values

Make no mistake, Ibra was ditched because of these. It's not just a webpage to them.

Last edited:
And exceeds both by an order of magnitude.

A few months ago, I got hooked binge watching Zlatan's bio doc multiple times on Netflix. I love that guy.

But I'd doubt CFG would ever have him after Guardiola's input. And the people running the club above him. Listened to a sports management guru, and the guys running CFG had very real philosophical reasons for dumping him.

Right or not, they have their Barca mantra, and that's not going to change. I don't fault them for that. But it does make me wonder how we ended up with Lampard and Pirlo - save a lack of intent to immediately try to win and instead use early days for solely branding.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/identity/card/values

Make no mistake, Ibra was ditched because of these. It's not just a webpage to them.

I wholeheartedly agree. NYCFC 2.0 would never sign an Ibra. It's the same reason Iniesta or Messi or Ronaldo will never suit up here.

You and I both know why they signed Lampard and Pirlo.

I wholeheartedly agree. NYCFC 2.0 would never sign an Ibra. It's the same reason Iniesta or Messi or Ronaldo will never suit up here.

You and I both know why they signed Lampard and Pirlo.

Messi or Ronaldo, no. If Iniesta is willing to come here in the summer transfer window...I can see that happening (and Pirlo "retires" to join Conte). Don't think it would happen...come on wouldn't you like to see a 3-4-3 with Ring, Herrera, Maxi and Iniesta?

Iniesta is a little bit of Lampard & Pirlo mixed together. He can quarterback the team, but can also get in the box offensively. He can distribute and score. Not for us though. I think MLS will stay a pacy physical league for a while.

There's a ton of younger raw talent in the top leagues that would love to play and have something to prove.

I'm starting to think it's best to use DPs in the front and back....while stacking the mid field with young, fast, physical, box to box madmen.

If MLS were to land Ibra, they wouldn't give him to us; they'd use him to launch LAFC.
Ibra will play where Ibra wants to play - he gives zero fcks about what MLS wants. That's not commentary that he won't go to LAFC, he may very well want to live in the City of Angels, but he's going to decide his fate if there are multiple interested clubs.

We know Maxi has adapted to MLS. No idea if Iniesta would (not saying he wouldn't).
And he's still in the hungry part of his career, as compared to Iniesta who is past that (unless he is a Villa-like aberration in that department). And Maxi has the stamina to go 90/34 if necessary. Iniesta, may very quickly be a 60 minute guy, with some missed time. The idea of watching Iniesta in NY still is sexy, but I will take Maxi over that temptation.

http://thenycfcnation.com/2017/06/nycfc-maxi-moralez-monitored-boca-juniors/

Your choice, Maxi or Iniesta, who do you take? Call me insane, but I go with Maxi.

As far as the speculation in the article. I'm not up to speed on the league in Argentina but don't the have considerable finical issues going on right now? Is Boca immune to it because they are the largest club? Between what's going on down there and Maxi's interviews where he talks about how great it is here for his family I don't think we have much to worry about.

With regards to your question I agree, I'm 100% in on Maxi.

Iniesta only makes $5 million per year?

Do soccer players make a lot less money than I thought they did??

Iniesta only makes $5 million per year?

Do soccer players make a lot less money than I thought they did??
In 2017, the 20th (according to some lists) highest paid footballer in the world, Ozil, made 10 million (including bonuses). In comparison, the NBA average base salary is close to 7-ish million. So professional soccer players generally do make less than you would think. Ronaldo was the highest paid athlete in the world for the past couple of years, and guys like Pogba make the news for the crazy transfer fees, but overall even the top tier of soccer players doesn't compare like you would think.

In 2017, the 20th (according to some lists) highest paid footballer in the world, Ozil, made 10 million (including bonuses). In comparison, the NBA average base salary is close to 7-ish million. So professional soccer players generally do make less than you would think. Ronaldo was the highest paid athlete in the world for the past couple of years, and guys like Pogba make the news for the crazy transfer fees, but overall even the top tier of soccer players doesn't compare like you would think.
Probably because if revenue is equal between both sports, and not saying it is, but there are 5 starters and the bench in BB, whereas there are 28ish in soccer, so there's more $ to go around in BB but in soccer the slices are smaller save for the top guys on each team.