NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

At what point to we just sign Gio Reyna and our top CB from the Academy?

<yes, I'm being facetious>

Reactions: Kjbert
We don't need him. We need a CB or FB.

I will be happy with a signing at any position with the exception of another GK if they contribute right away. Realistically a 4th mid that can fill in better than Pirlo or T-Mac would be good and make us better right away. I agree we need a FB badly, but as long as get some type of player (or 2) who will make a positive contribution right away I will be content.

Zlatan is rumored to re-sign with ManU. He is a free agent now and has at least 2 years life left in him. Shall we move in with a higher offer to snatch him?

Reactions: Kjbert
Zlatan is rumored to re-sign with ManU. He is a free agent now and has at least 2 years life left in him. Shall we move in with a higher offer to snatch him?

giphy.gif

In this thread? 49 other times.

View attachment 7353
And actually on this note, I think it would be interesting to run some type of analysis that aggregates what players have been talked about the most here. I would guess some combo of Balotelli, Zlatan, Torres, Iniesta, Khedira, Schweinsteiger (before he went to Chicago). What other "regulars" am I missing?

And actually on this note, I think it would be interesting to run some type of analysis that aggregates what players have been talked about the most here. I would guess some combo of Balotelli, Zlatan, Torres, Iniesta, Khedira, Schweinsteiger (before he went to Chicago). What other "regulars" am I missing?
Honda....oh yeah, and Balotelli

Reactions: JayH and mgarbowski
Zlatan would literally be the most famous footballer to ever play for an MLS team so I'd gladly take him. I mean shit, look at how well we're doing with 2 DPs now. Zlatan would at least contribute more on field than Pirlo. And Zlatan is really one of the few players that fans will follow. If Zlatan came here we'd suddenly be an internationally known team.

Reactions: NYdoesitEZ
Zlatan would literally be the most famous footballer to ever play for an MLS team so I'd gladly take him. I mean shit, look at how well we're doing with 2 DPs now. Zlatan would at least contribute more on field than Pirlo. And Zlatan is really one of the few players that fans will follow. If Zlatan came here we'd suddenly be an internationally known team.

David Beckham is probably the most "famous" ever. There's plenty of names comparable with zlatan already here and in the past