NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

I don't know if what you have highlighted applies to acquisition costs. This is so teams can't have contracts that are for 10 million one year and 300k the next which would allow teams to sign 6 DPs.
Ah. I suppose the "amounts payable over" part implies that it's not transfer fees, because they're unrelated to the contract.

This would suck, because it would mean we can't buy down Medina.

It's always possible that his transfer fee wasn't what was reported. At a salary that low and with so much TAM on the table, I'd be surprised if NYCFC didn't do everything they could to structure the deal in a way that kept him in range for a potential buydown.

Reactions: Kjbert
Give Medina a new contract with the same exact terms for the remaining one and add $1.

I thought that thread mostly backed my original reading (that transfer fees were averaged out over the length of contract years not including option years).

Probably did, I caught the tail end of the conversation and thought I was posting on another thread entirely. But yeah that's the takeaway: transfer fees are amortized for DPs and TAM players but not for everybody else.

Probably did, I caught the tail end of the conversation and thought I was posting on another thread entirely. But yeah that's the takeaway: transfer fees are amortized for DPs and TAM players but not for everybody else.
Ok that's interesting. I'm perhaps optimistically reading it EganSoccerWords derek_villa's way now. However it wouldn't do much for parity. You could essentially sign 3 new Medina-esque DPs each year. There would be a pretty rapid loss of parity.

Can't the Harrison 750K GAM transfer money be used against Medina's transfer price taking it down to 3.25M? With $770,833 in guarantee. That would get you to 1.5833M amortized salary a year which is close to TAMable.

Of course, that requires them using the Harrison money now.

Can't the Harrison 750K GAM transfer money be used against Medina's transfer price taking it down to 3.25M? With $770,833 in guarantee. That would get you to 1.5833M amortized salary a year which is close to TAMable.

Of course, that requires them using the Harrison money now.
Can't combine TAM and GAM.

Can't combine TAM and GAM.

Targeted Allocation Money and General Allocation Money may not be used in combination when signing or re-signing a player. One of either Targeted Allocation Money or General Allocation Money may be used on a player in a single season, not both.

So you'd use GAM this year on the transfer fee and TAM next year. Or am I just butchering that?