NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Mario Gotze set to leave Dortmund. Probably for Liverpool it appears. But he would be a Giovinco level signing

Reactions: JayH
Mario Gotze set to leave Dortmund. Probably for Liverpool it appears. But he would be a Giovinco level signing

Giovinco level signing?

He would be the best player in MLS from day 1.

Don't re-sign Villa and pay him whatever he wants.

Giovinco level signing?

He would be the best player in MLS from day 1.

Don't re-sign Villa and pay him whatever he wants.
Really don't think he'd be a Giovinco level signing. Götze hasn't done shit since his metabolic disorder or whatever it was got diagnosed. He was out for awhile because they didn't know what it was, then they diagnosed it, and he's back "playing" a year ago. Currently, he's a shell of his former self. Götze in 2013/14 I'd take in a heartbeat. Götze 2018 lacks confidence and hasn't shown anything the past year.
Big risk bringing him over. Would I love him on our team? Yes, but that's solely because he's German. Playing wise you guys would probably feast on him after 4 or 5 eh games.

Really don't think he'd be a Giovinco level signing. Götze hasn't done shit since his metabolic disorder or whatever it was got diagnosed. He was out for awhile because they didn't know what it was, then they diagnosed it, and he's back "playing" a year ago. Currently, he's a shell of his former self. Götze in 2013/14 I'd take in a heartbeat. Götze 2018 lacks confidence and hasn't shown anything the past year.
Big risk bringing him over. Would I love him on our team? Yes, but that's solely because he's German. Playing wise you guys would probably feast on him after 4 or 5 eh games.
Substitute metabolic disorder with balding & chubby, and you’d be describing Rooney perfectly.

A change of scenery and removal from the media microscope can do wonders for a player’s performance.

I just thought it was kind of hilarious. I googled Suarez and MLS to see what the rumors are, and what I got back is his player page for a league in which he doesn’t play.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I would very much be on board for this. Just give me one Uruguayan on this team and I will be happy. Having one of the best Uruguayans to play the game and I may have to get season tickets.
He's the type of guy who I could imagine replicating Guaje's passion and determination.

Would CFG go anywhere near him though?

Reactions: snugglefarts
He's the type of guy who I could imagine replicating Guaje's passion and determination.

Would CFG go anywhere near him though?
If they were smart they would. There are very few sure things in MLS with DPs, but Suarez would be one. He’s a player that would show up and provide the on field guile and swagger that Rooney has brought to DC.

CFG needs a lights out DP to replace Villa and Suarez would sell tix and deliver results.

If they were smart they would. There are very few sure things in MLS with DPs, but Suarez would be one. He’s a player that would show up and provide the on field guile and swagger that Rooney has brought to DC.

CFG needs a lights out DP to replace Villa and Suarez would sell tix and deliver results.

It ain't happening. They're going to go young again. I don't think we see anything big name DP until we have a stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert