NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Who doesn't test positive for COVID
My working assumption is he was inoculated down in Uruguay, and the entire team likely is fully vaccinated, because CFG is all about best practices. If so, the problem is that the tests are way too sensitive for use among a mostly vaccinated population. When both prevalence and danger are high you want over sensitive tests because you want to identify as many true positives as soon as possible and are willing to accept some false positives as the price for that life saving information. But as you transition to a mostly vaccinated population, who are both unlikely to be infected and likely to have extremely mild, even zero symptom cases if they are infected, then the extreme sensitivity of a test just causes trouble as you mostly end up identifying and quarantining individuals who pose minimal to no danger to others and are in no danger themselves.

Just look up the base rate fallacy and false positives for more info on how this works, if interested.

A proven goal scoring natural #9 that is healthy. No more cutesy “gems.” Go buy a goal scorer. You could buy Josef Martinez tomorrow if Soccer Twitter is to be believed.

Reactions: ZYanksRule
Not a player wanted but I’m not sure where to put this. Was watching this Twitter video from the CBS Golazo show (amazing btw) and Micah Richards mentions trying to get a job in NYC when asked what city has the best restaurants. Made me think for a second.
In the replies the head of MLS Player relations/development guy is tagged and replies about where they went. Hmmmm

Doubtful he actually makes it to MLS
He’s one year younger than Gil was when he came. If he were serious about what he’s saying he’d come next year. But this is just the usual maybe when I’m 34 bullshit.

Last edited: