NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Keeper is our weakest, I think. Of course, that point and the rest of this post assumes we won't be playing Ned and Wingert (which is to say, this speculation is already mooted).

I'd trade Lampard for a true 10 or a true destroyer in a hot minute. But I'd have said the same thing on day 1 of his signing.
So, things are really going to get tough now. I can't even tell when I'm being ironic anymore.

What would you guys think about Calle at LB next year. Given the crowded midfield, I think it makes sense.

I believe this is what Kreis is thinking. But if you listen to the English pundits, Kreis won't be here much longer.

I believe this is what Kreis is thinking. But if you listen to the English pundits, Kreis won't be here much longer.

If we were a typical MLS team, Kreis would probably be here a while. But given our ownership, I would not be surprised if they could name a list of 10 available foreign coaches off the top of their head that could do a better job.

Reactions: FootyLovin
What would you guys think about Calle at LB next year. Given the crowded midfield, I think it makes sense.

Unless there's some creative cap structuring available, it's hard to see Calle being purchased at the end of the year. The best understanding of the terms of his deal is that he would be a DP if purchased. I highly doubt he's with us next year.

Nothing against Calle, but to go with how much he would cost, he also takes an international spot and we could use it on someone better or at a more crucial position than midfield since we are loaded.

Reactions: Gavin23
Nothing against Calle, but to go with how much he would cost, he also takes an international spot and we could use it on someone better or at a more crucial position than midfield since we are loaded.
Agreed. For what Calle will cost next year we could get 3 1/2 Nemecs. Just imagine the ankle breaking moves 3 Nemecs could put on our DPs

Side note. I think the plural of Nemec should be Nemi.

Nemec and Calle gone would sure give this team a lot of flexibility in the off season

letting go of nemec next season will most likely pay for george john's salary sense they make similar salaries.

side note- really can't wait for george john to get healthy again we need him.

I could also see us making a play for zac McMath next season.

Reactions: sbrylski
We need a strong LB, and we need fast dynamic attacking players. For Nemec's salary, we could get a quality player from Central America or SA in the same position who can either finish or create chances/space for Villa. Or at least some sort of winger. Our team is like the slowest in the league.

We need a strong LB, and we need fast dynamic attacking players. For Nemec's salary, we could get a quality player from Central America or SA in the same position who can either finish or create chances/space for Villa. Or at least some sort of winger. Our team is like the slowest in the league.
No doubt. LB and CB are our biggest upgrade needs for the offseason given that it looks like we aren't making any more moves before Thursday.

So tomorrow the transfer window closes. Lots of moves on other clubs yesterday and probably today.
I'd be interested to see if they do make another move we cleared a small amount of cap space (Roughly $50k this season prorated) with Williams being picked up by Toronto. I do remember before Mena signed they said they had between $200-$300k so maybe they do have somewhere around $100kish left for this season. I don't think it'll be an impact guy but I imagine if Tefu were still available/interested he might fall into that range. I wouldn't be shocked if we were done with moves but also wouldn't be shocked if we added another body for some depth/development.

I would be shocked it they signed someone else. But you never know. Some of the signings yesterday by other clubs surprised me. There's still a little time.