NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

It's funny. I know that Gotze has publicly spoken about MLS.

But he's off to Liverpool.

I didn't know El Sharaway was a target for Everton (and I follow Everton). I don't want him, personally. I want Yarmolenko, Januzaj and a keeper (in that order).

Reactions: Ryan_Kost12
Matarrita and Teixeira would be a great offseason in my view, even if that's all we end up with. Sprinkle in another keeper, and some exciting prospects and I'm ready to go.

I think that the return of Tony Taylor is an "acquisition" that many are underrating. He has the dribbling skills that Mullins and Shelton lack. I would REALLY like to see a DV TT partnership to see what that does to MLS defenses.

--------------------Saunders--------------
--------Teixeira(Hernandez)--Mena(White)
Iraola(Allen)----------------------Matarrita(Wingert)
------------Mix(Jacobson)---Pirlo--------------
----------------Lampard (Ballouchy)-------------------
------------------Poku(McNamara)---------------
------Taylor(Mullins)---------------Villa(Shelton)----

OMG that looks good
I agree with Ulrich Ulrich about Mullins. As I posted in another thread, Mullins actually has a better minutes played/goal scored than Villa when you take away PKs. Barring some really significant indicators in preseason that can't be ignored, I think Mullins proved worthy of a run in the starting XI, especially at the top of a 4-3-3 with Villa streaking down one side and Poku demolishing on the other.

Reactions: JCMore
Can El Sharaway play in goal?

I'm a big Timmy fan but it's over for him. Robles is nice but I don't know how intelligent he is

They need a new keeper and they won't buy one in England. I'd like to see them make a move for Ter Stegen.

Reactions: Ryan_Kost12
Matarrita and Texeira make us a 6th seed on paper IMO. Then we line up for after Lamps and Pirlo retire and we sign 2 solid Gio (both of them) type signings and we fucking whoop ass.
Our bid for Matarrita has been turned down.

NYCFC watch thinks we're playing hardball. I hope so, I really want to get Mataritta and Teixiera
Alajuelense wants a sell on clause. NYCFC/MLS don't want that. They know they could sell the player for a nice chunk of change if he continues on his current course.

If Alajuelense don't sell him this window he can start negotiations with clubs directly this summer and they don't get squat.

They have to sell him now, NYCFC knows this and want the best possible price.

Alajuelense wants a sell on clause. NYCFC/MLS don't want that. They know they could sell the player for a nice chunk of change if he continues on his current course.

If Alajuelense don't sell him this window he can start negotiations with clubs directly this summer and they don't get squat.

They have to sell him now, NYCFC knows this and want the best possible price.
He also probably prefers coming to NYCFC with the MCFC connection looming in the distance.

FYI, Costa Rica's transfer window ends February 4.

Really hoping Alajuelense is just playing hardball, as are we. Matarrita, Teixeira, and Harrison is my dream trio of acquisitions, plus two starting-caliber loanees from the EDS. We'd be stacked. In addition, MLS.com reports that Vincent, our other fullback option, may now be in the discussion for first overall. We could really use one of the two, but Vincent probably won't last until 4.

MLS.com also said that teams are a little cool on Harrison because they don't know his best position, and he could go anywhere from 2-5. So my dream trio is still alive.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...ock-stock-down-after-day-1-mls-player-combine

It's funny. I know that Gotze has publicly spoken about MLS.

But he's off to Liverpool.

I didn't know El Sharaway was a target for Everton (and I follow Everton). I don't want him, personally. I want Yarmolenko, Januzaj and a keeper (in that order).

El Sha is wanted by Bournemouth on a loan to go with Iturbe who they already have on loan. Monaco have a required buy option on El Sha if he reaches a milestone which is almost met so they dropped him like a hot potato.

Reactions: Kjbert
We will announce a signing on Monday and then another one on Wednesday. No info. I just got skillz.

What flavor?

711328588_tumblr_m4a3qzEDvX1rwwlqxo1_500_answer_2_xlarge.png

I'm not concerned about the matarrita news. If he had offers in Europe, he wouldn't be taking to us, and if ala had better offers they would take them and not bother announcing they have rejected ours. I still think we sweeten the pot and get him.