NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

We are not
We would certainly find out. He has skill for days. He needs minutes against GAM (think Eddie Johnson, not allocation). MLS would help a lot with that.

The kid makes close to what Mix makes, though. Not sure who could afford the gamble. Maybe he'd fit at Columbus? DC could afford him, but I want him to come good so I'm ignoring the viability of that option.

Reactions: Ulrich and adam
He's not worth 750k a year if he's not a sure fire performer. He does have pace for days.

I would prefer Joe Gyau

With what's going to happen at Man U, when is Wayne Rooney forced to move on? I know Mourinho wanted him at Chelsea, but that was 4 years ago? From what I can tell, his contract runs through 2019.

Rooney will be 31 next year. He is no longer an out and out striker, but has shown great ability to play underneath a striker as a #10 of late.

I am not a Man City fan so I'm sure a bunch of folks here would never want Rooney. But as a replacement for Lampard after this next season, I think he fits great.

With what's going to happen at Man U, when is Wayne Rooney forced to move on? I know Mourinho wanted him at Chelsea, but that was 4 years ago? From what I can tell, his contract runs through 2019.

Rooney will be 31 next year. He is no longer an out and out striker, but has shown great ability to play underneath a striker as a #10 of late.

I am not a Man City fan so I'm sure a bunch of folks here would never want Rooney. But as a replacement for Lampard after this next season, I think he fits great.

Doubt he would come here so young but if he does, he would be one hell of a signing.

As a Man City fan I would have no problem with having Rooney here. Note that I'm from New York rather than Manchester and did not grow up bleeding blue and despising red (or vice versa). Can't see him doing it though. And it might result in civil war in England if he does as the north could very well tear itself apart over this.

(Edited for clarity. Heck, even *I* couldn't figure out what I meant there.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
No thanks. A lot of hard miles on those legs.

Don't be that asshole. Guy is 30. You know who else has a lot of miles on him at 30? Cristiano Ronaldo.

At this point, name me one better player that would be realistic that you would prefer.

Reactions: gbservis
By the way - Rooney considers himself an Evertonian anyway. Not a Red Devil

Don't be that asshole. Guy is 30. You know who else has a lot of miles on him at 30? Cristiano Ronaldo.

At this point, name me one better player that would be realistic that you would prefer.
Don't be such an evertonian. He's worn down more than most his age. He left your team, man. I'm sorry. It was like a decade ago.

By the way - Rooney considers himself an Evertonian anyway. Not a Red Devil
Didn't even see this before I posted. Thanks for making my point.

Guess you want to tell me Hernandez is better than Mena again, too. Right?

Mena had the best game of his career tonight. Hernandez has consistently been better. Consistently average.

Rooney can still play. He's not a striker.

Give me the guy who is better and is a realistic shot for us? Probably 50 guys on the world better than Rooney right now. Maybe.

Wayne will be 300 pounds after a year of living in America. If he's not motivated enough to even pretend like he cares about playing for his country, I don't want to see what kind of attitude he would have playing in MLS.

Wayne will be 300 pounds after a year of living in America. If he's not motivated enough to even pretend like he cares about playing for his country, I don't want to see what kind of attitude he would have playing in MLS.

You must have watched different Euro games. He's the only guy who gave his all. He played like a captain

Reactions: Ulrich