NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Created Iraola out of thin thin air? They guy played first division soccer in Spain for years and while he's older now is still an incredibly skilled and knowledgeable player. I think you're vastly under estimating the skill set Iraola brings to the table that has allowed him to succeed in the role he's filling right now.

We took a RB and revitalized his career as a CDM/6

Reactions: EganSoccerWords
Gabriel Jesus was signed by MCFC then loaned to Palmeiras until January.
Brandon Barker and Kean Bryan are being loaned to NAC Breda (Dutch 2nd division), MCFC signed an agreement with them over loaning players.
Iheanacho is set to be the backup striker behind Aguero for MCFC.
Navas is most likely going to go back to Sevilla when he leaves MCFC whenever that is.

So i don't see us getting any of these on loan. I don't think PV really wants to loan any players as MCFC will want them to be starting every game and he knows that more than anyone as part of his role was finding suitable locations to loan EDS players to.

Personally I would like us to try to sign older EDS players on permanent deals - ones that are not good enough for MCFC but could be effective for us. They have a young goalkeeper called Ian Lawlor who was impressive on loan at Bury(League 1) last year, can't be any worse than Saunders.

I think we've found that you can create a deep lying player (we did that with Iraola) out of thin air. I'm sure CFG has a few players in mind for next year. A lot will depend on Lampard. I put a Lampard extension at 50/50 right now.
Iraola played cdm for atheltic bilbao before moving to rb. so while the move defiantely revitalized his role on the team, its not that surprising. fullbacks move to cdm all the time. bayern does the same thing with alaba and lahm.

Brandon Barker and Kean Bryan are being loaned to NAC Breda (Dutch 2nd division), MCFC signed an agreement with them over loaning players.
Navas is most likely going to go back to Sevilla when he leaves MCFC whenever that is.

So i don't see us getting any of these on loan. I don't think PV really wants to loan any players as MCFC will want them to be starting every game and he knows that more than anyone as part of his role was finding suitable locations to loan EDS players to.

Personally I would like us to try to sign older EDS players on permanent deals - ones that are not good enough for MCFC but could be effective for us. They have a young goalkeeper called Ian Lawlor who was impressive on loan at Bury(League 1) last year, can't be any worse than Saunders.

Shay Facey. Is 21 old for an EDS player?

Personally, I don't think Nacho sits behind Aguero now that they bought two strikers to do exactly that.
The old EDS players thing is something to look at, though. Currently, Jack Byrne (on loan at BBR), that GK, Bytiqi (Austrian MF), Nana Boateng, another Ghanaian MF and Oliver Ntcham are over 20.

Reactions: JayH and Kjbert
For Falastur Falastur - any update on Shay? What do you think his future is?

You know, I've actually heard very little about him. Of course, he went to Rotherham for the end of last season, and by the accounts I saw did quite well, but he's not really been mentioned during pre-season that I recall. I don't believe he was actually part of the squad which played Bayern, or the one which went to China. I would assume that this means that he is being eyed up for a loan spell but it doesn't exactly sound like he's being viewed as one of the key men for the future. I don't know, it can be hard to say for sure.

You know, I've actually heard very little about him. Of course, he went to Rotherham for the end of last season, and by the accounts I saw did quite well, but he's not really been mentioned during pre-season that I recall. I don't believe he was actually part of the squad which played Bayern, or the one which went to China. I would assume that this means that he is being eyed up for a loan spell but it doesn't exactly sound like he's being viewed as one of the key men for the future. I don't know, it can be hard to say for sure.

Thank you.

Maybe with PV's EDS ties, we will see more of the EJ move in the future where we try and attract a guy who has no future with Man City.

I think PV is very happy with Saunders for now.

No need to make a transfer for a player if you have a long term replacement I mind.

I still think there is a 50/50 chance that Casillas joins in the offseason

Incorrect. It used to be u21 now it's u23 and you are allowed 3 overage players plus an overage GK

Source is the premier league: https://www.premierleague.com/news/58764

I'm referring to Man City's plans for EDS. Falastur Falastur spoke to this a few pages ago I think. They are pushing kids up a level higher and then going to a straight loan set up if you are 20 or older he says. Something like that.

Reactions: dannd23
And MacMath was desperate to get out.... I wonder what Colorado was ransoming him for? The article mentions a team was interested but Colorado squashed it - wonder if the same team just beat them silly which led to the cancelation???

http://dpo.st/2b6zErn
Damn that's depressing, when they mentioned the opportunity to at least learn from him he said
“Not really, because we’re two different kind of goalkeepers,” MacMath said. “He’s very athletic and he’s a lot quicker than I am. And I have to use my positioning more.”

So he's just biding his time till the winter I presume.