NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

He'd be amazing at 34 in Pirlo's spot - point guard of the offense playing above a CDM.
He would even shoot or get into the box, which is something Pirlo doesn't seem interested in doing even at the rare rate he used to in Italy.

I'd say he gives us a blend of Pirlo and Lampard - we could get the much of the output/qualities of both with just him.

He would even shoot or get into the box, which is something Pirlo doesn't seem interested in doing even at the rare rate he used to in Italy.

I'd say he gives us a blend of Pirlo and Lampard - we could get the much of the output/qualities of both with just him.
Yes, he would carve up MLS for at least 3 years. And he wouldn't have the apparent Pirlo clause which prohibits him from shooting unless it's a set piece.

Yes, he would carve up MLS for at least 3 years. And he wouldn't have the apparent Pirlo clause which prohibits him from shooting unless it's a set piece.
That clause was updated to include corner kicks only get sent into the box when down multiple goals - until then the idea is to pass it around the top of the key until it gets to Hernandez on the far side so he can pull the trigger.

I would be all over Iniesta, especially if we are really committed to playing a possession style. Besides Pirlo, I don't think we own any other midfielder who is confident in possession. And even he I would argue is someone who is more comfortable playing in a more direct system.

I would be all over Iniesta, especially if we are really committed to playing a possession style. Besides Pirlo, I don't think we own any other midfielder who is confident in possession. And even he I would argue is someone who is more comfortable playing in a more direct system.
Iraola is more than comfortable in possession. Not sure why people think this after he has one fuck up against DC.

Iraola is more than comfortable in possession. Not sure why people think this after he has one fuck up against DC.
I think he miss-hit the ball trying to pass to Brillant on the other side of the field. Shit happens. It was either that, or he literally didn't see the DC player because he was on the ground. I don't think it was an intentional pass to Saunders.

I think he miss-hit the ball trying to pass to Brillant on the other side of the field. Shit happens. It was either that, or he literally didn't see the DC player because he was on the ground. I don't think it was an intentional pass to Saunders.
Agree it was miss-hit. But I think bigger issue was his choice to turn inside instead of taking the initial Saunders pass away from goal.

Either way, it was the equivalent of an own goal. It happens. It sucks. Unless it's indicative of a broader trend (which I don't think it is with him), move on.

Or since the player was Mullins habit in his subconscious disregarded him because he was used to him being his teammate.

^ ^ Iniesta stretchered off at Valencia, out 3-4 months apparently. Oh and way to blow it in extra time Valencia : (

Edit: Tweet above didn't load, damn cellphone. Sry

Last edited:
Reactions: adam