NYCFC Players Wanted Thread

Oduro's game might be slightly more evolved but he's also 31, considerably shorter, and isn't known as a great locker room guy. At this point Oduro is locked in as a 1 dimensional player that uses his speed to beat people over the top. I'd keep Shelton at 23 years old just based on upside without a second thought.
Khiry had 9 assists this year. Oduro has never come close to that. Khiry at 23 and developing should start over Oduro at 31 and declining. If we want another forward with speed we should find someone who is not established yet.

Fun 2016 Stat: Shelton .7 assists/90 minutes. Kljestan .69 assists/90 minutes

Khiry had 9 assists this year. Oduro has never come close to that. Khiry at 23 and developing should start over Oduro at 31 and declining. If we want another forward with speed we should find someone who is not established yet.

Fun 2016 Stat: Shelton .7 assists/90 minutes. Kljestan .69 assists/90 minutes

Good thing Klinsmann got fired. Saves us from seeing the Khiry as USMNT #10 experiment.

Oduro's game might be slightly more evolved but he's also 31, considerably shorter, and isn't known as a great locker room guy. At this point Oduro is locked in as a 1 dimensional player that uses his speed to beat people over the top. I'd keep Shelton at 23 years old just based on upside without a second thought.
Its not a bad dimension to have. Speed is something that we lack off the bench now without Mendoza or Taylor.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Love him. Is he healthy though??
Here is some reason footage of him:

giphy.gif

Garza has shown flashes of being a legitimate difference maker. Again, if healthy, he is an excellent acquisition.

Remember that this guy was slotted in to be the starting USMNT LB before he broke down.

Reactions: JayH
Garza has shown flashes of being a legitimate difference maker. Again, if healthy, he is an excellent acquisition.

Remember that this guy was slotted in to be the starting USMNT LB before he broke down.

I'd take a chance on him. He is young, talented, and I think we would prob be able to get him below a TAM/GAM salary.

Reactions: Goodfella
I'd take a chance on him. He is young, talented, and I think we would prob be able to get him below a TAM/GAM salary.

I can't imagine his salary is more than Johnson's. The question is what the transfer fee would amount to

Here's a name I would like to see. Atlanta is ok buying young players. So should we.

Gerard Deulofeu from Everton. 22 years old so I think qualifies as a Young DP for this season. Spain U-23 International. Plays as a striker and a RW for Everton. Could play as a LW or CAM as well in attacking formations. Stuck behind Lukaku, Valencia, Mirallas, Lennon, Bolasie (when healthy) and Dominic Calvert-Lewin on the depth chart.

I have no clue if he would leave Europe but his pace and ball skills would make a massive impact in MLS. The kid can fly. I think his best position is as a Striker in a 4-3-3 and not a winger, but he is magic with the ball at his feet and whips in nasty crosses. He'll put in a defensive shift only occasionally. He was bought from Barcelona for £3 Million a year and a half ago. His contract expires in 18 months. Only thing I'm unsure of is if Barcelona have a buyback clause like Real Madrid did with Morata.

Here's a name I would like to see. Atlanta is ok buying young players. So should we.

Gerard Deulofeu from Everton. 22 years old so I think qualifies as a Young DP for this season. Spain U-23 International. Plays as a striker and a RW for Everton. Could play as a LW or CAM as well in attacking formations. Stuck behind Lukaku, Valencia, Mirallas, Lennon, Bolasie (when healthy) and Dominic Calvert-Lewin on the depth chart.

I have no clue if he would leave Europe but his pace and ball skills would make a massive impact in MLS. The kid can fly. I think his best position is as a Striker in a 4-3-3 and not a winger, but he is magic with the ball at his feet and whips in nasty crosses. He'll put in a defensive shift only occasionally. He was bought from Barcelona for £3 Million a year and a half ago. His contract expires in 18 months. Only thing I'm unsure of is if Barcelona have a buyback clause like Real Madrid did with Morata.

He's a strange one. Definitely not getting enough playing time as I'm sure he hopes. For some reason my initial assumption was that he'd be way out of the cost range of our other DPs (very young, Barcelona product, already in Premier League), but looking at transfermarkt he's really not. The biggest factor, I think, is that if he continues down this road I can easily see him fading away into Giovinco-like obscurity by the time hes 26. If he just looks at what MLS has done for Gio, he could turn his career around before he really enters his prime. Everton also has a one year club option.

HEY INTERN

Last edited:
I love the guy but idk if his attitude improved.

Interesting point here. You could say Villa shows crappy attitude on the phone. Or Chanot or Allen. I don't know the guy but it could be an "on the field" attitude that a lot of guys have.

The chance of this happening are like zero percent. But that's a lower profile name that is affordable and could make a difference somewhere between Harrison and Villa. He's probably a Top 20 offensive player in MLS on day one.

Reactions: Christopher Jee

Would be amazing if we could land him.

I'd like to see us go after Bojan. Doesn't seem to fit into Stoke City's plans. Former Barcelona player that can play multiple positions. He's still young at 26. He reminds me more of a Giovinco type who could revitalize a once very promising career by making the move to MLS.

I'd like to see us go after Bojan. Doesn't seem to fit into Stoke City's plans. Former Barcelona player that can play multiple positions. He's still young at 26. He reminds me more of a Giovinco type who could revitalize a once very promising career by making the move to MLS.
Mark Hughes might disagree with your assessment of his plans.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert

Reactions: El Niño
Gerard Deulofeu from Everton. 22 years old so I think qualifies as a Young DP for this season. He was bought from Barcelona for £3 Million a year and a half ago.

He was only sold for 3MM GBP? Can't believe it was that low. His value has gone up somewhat, transfermarkt has his fee at 9MM Euros.

He might be able to be gotten for a fee similar to what ATL paid for Almiron - and I would think Gerry D is a more seasoned player.

Type of player that in the right environment could tear up MLS...but don't know what his motivation would be. He's already from a high pedigree in Europe unlike a guy like Almiron. Only reasons I could think of would be PV, CFG connections, and playing with Villa.

In any case - Intern - put his sheet on PV's desk.

He was only sold for 3MM GBP? Can't believe it was that low. His value has gone up somewhat, transfermarkt has his fee at 9MM Euros.

He might be able to be gotten for a fee similar to what ATL paid for Almiron - and I would think Gerry D is a more seasoned player.

Type of player that in the right environment could tear up MLS...but don't know what his motivation would be. He's already from a high pedigree in Europe unlike a guy like Almiron. Only reasons I could think of would be PV, CFG connections, and playing with Villa.

In any case - Intern - put his sheet on PV's desk.

I don't think Barca would buy him back for even 3 right now. He's not worth £9 million that's for sure.