Nycfc Signs Mix Diskerud

I still think he's best on the right. It seems to open up his game. It might be the angles it creates, or perhaps the increased space, but I always feel his best contributions are coming in from the right and exchanging passes with an overlapping full back. In my mind it's not s coincidence that is where his assist came from.
That being said he can play the "10" snd showed a commitment to tackle and track back that is very welcome. He was all over the field.

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
I still think he's best on the right. It seems to open up his game. It might be the angles it creates, or perhaps the increased space, but I always feel his best contributions are coming in from the right and exchanging passes with an overlapping full back. In my mind it's not s coincidence that is where his assist came from.
That being said he can play the "10" snd showed a commitment to tackle and track back that is very welcome. He was all over the field.
Has he ever even played on the right? He hasn't done it recently for the U.S. to my knowledge. Klinsmann had him at the CDM role today.

Reactions: Kjbert
When he first came into the U.S. team he would always come in on the right. Lately he has played deeper, but the goal he setup is one of many he created coming down the right channel. I think of the last gold cup where it felt like he was always coming into the right side of the penalty area, and making passes from that angle.

When he first came into the U.S. team he would always come in on the right. Lately he has played deeper, but the goal he setup is one of many he created coming down the right channel. I think of the last gold cup where it felt like he was always coming into the right side of the penalty area, and making passes from that angle.
Eh I disagree. He's made plays on the right side sure, but he wants to be up the pitch in the deep third of the field, it's where he feels comfortable at. He's gotten quite a few goals for the U.S. Sitting right behind the strikers. Even at the CAM spot, he can still find creases on the right side of the field to make plays in.

I worry that he is not the type of player to have the whole game flow through him. I've never watched him and thought he "dictates play" of all around him. I think he has the technical skills to play many places, but that is a different debate in a way.

He makes things happen, he is wasted playing farther back. I hope jk is playing him there in friendlies just to get him to be more aggressive. I am so excited to see him for NYC, he is going to be money.

Enjoy him, because he is not going to be here long.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I honestly believe that Klinnsman knows what he is doing with Bradley and Mix. If they start excelling at what he has them doing, they are both much better and much more valuable.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins