Nycfc Trade 2nd Rd Pick For Jeb Brovsky

In the UK, the government is a little more discriminating about issuing work permits (read: green cards) for foreigners to seek work, since we have a rather crippling overcrowding problem. In order for a footballer to be allowed into the country they have to hit certain criteria which are deliberately relatively hard to meet in order to encourage teams to employ British players. Thing is, the European Union has laws saying that a citizen of one country must have equal rights to a citizen of any other EU country wherever in the EU they go, meaning the government has literally no ability to restrict EU citizens from coming to the UK to play.

Thus, the easiest way of signing a non-EU player who will fail the work permit restrictions is to make them an EU citizen. There are a few countries where you can get quick citizenship (2-3 years, unlike the 5 years required to become naturalised British) so British clubs ship young players off to clubs in those countries, and once they become citizens they can return to the parent club. Even though Norway isn't in the EU it has an agreement with the EU which give Norwegian citizens the same extraterritorial residency/working rights so a Norwegian club is just as good for work permits as a Swedish or Belgian club (they are the usual work permit feeder locations).

Hence, City keeps standing agreements with about half a dozen clubs in various European countries, sending them young players who improve their squads for free, and in return the Manchester club gets a naturalised EU citizen a few years later.

In case it needs saying: no, I don't think Brovsky is being sent to Norway to get EU citizenship.

Seems like a very cool guy too. Has tweeted back and had discussions with fans quite a few times. He had that rep coming in already.

Reactions: Paul
I wonder what Brovsky does after November when his loan is up? Do we think they will loan him out again for a month?

Kreis probably won't have too many more role players (non-DPs) until early December.

He wouldn't be able to transfer again, under FIFA rules you can only register with three clubs in one season. More than likely he'll be given around a month's holiday and then will start light training a little early while the club finalises its first ever squad.

I just found this. Class.

4Vjj9J2G.jpeg