Nycfc V Dc Postgame

Can i try to change the subject?

Wednesday against Columbus. Then again on the 29th. We are 7 points behuind them with the same nunber of games played. We sweep them and we can catch them. Their defense is pretty poor.
Doubling Columbus will be hard but it's doable. And it accomplishes a hell of a lot.

Reactions: Mikeylito
Be careful to make judgements based on hindsight. People get things wrong, especially when you have all the pieces to put together.
It should be noted that after we picked Dunn, ELEVEN other teams passed on Marky Delgado. Sure, it looks bad now, but don't act like you knew back then what would happen. Also, don't over rate Delgado, who has scored two goals in MLS for Toronto this season.
I disagree with you about Alvarez, he has not impressed in his time and has had injury issues. While I won't argue for Ned, Mehdi Ballouchy was pretty solid in his last few appearances.
Facey is great, and now he has earned his spot. That is something that had to be figured out, and it got figured out.
Nemec was expected to be a solid striker at first, clearly we were proven wrong. Your pushing for Alvarez, mainly because of his pedigree I assume because he has not shown much here, but dispute starting Nemec with his pedigree.
While over the last month or so it has been a mystery, at first his Poku hesitation was clearly justified. If you saw him play in April and May, he did not have 90 minutes in him. In fact at times he looked gassed after 20' as a sub. He clearly has the fitness level now to play 90'. Another factor in that however is the management on the young guy's career. Sometimes it makes sense to make a guy work for his spot in the club and keep him working. Remember Poku came up from virtually nowhere very fast, that could get to a young kids head and stunt his development. At this point, Poku is a superstar and should play every minute possible, but his reluctance to play him early in the season made perfect sense.

I'm not saying that Kreis hasn't, and wont' continue to make mistakes. This is an expansion team with a bunch of players who were somewhere else playing with different players and under different systems last season. Not to mention during the course of the season we have picked up Pirlo, Lampard, Iraola, Angelino, Mena and others while having one of our key players (Mix) away with the nats for long periods of time. For these reasons, I've chosen to reserve any judgement on Kreis this season, instead of jump on him because the team looked like shit against Red Bull with 6 players in the lineup who were not with the team for too long.

The great managers around the world have a nucleus of players who have been with them for years, with constant tinkering of a new player here and there added into the mix. No Euro League managers have to put together an entire roster during the off-season with major constraints put on them by the league's awkward roster rules. Kreis is in a position that is difficult to deal with and has done just about as good as the other club in the same position (Orlando) despite having much less stability in his roster.

I think it's perfectly justifiable to point out the mistakes that have been made, but keep in context the situation. We are going to miss out on players in drafts and on trial. Hell, the entire world missed out on Poku! but we got him! It's also important to note that despite the hatred for Kreis on this forums, I have not seen any type of body language or heard any comments from players that would suggest that they have any disrespect for him. That's important.

Next season, we will have more stability. We will have a core of players who have been with the team (hopefully we can keep at least one of the ManC players) for over a season and the number of new additions and overall roster disruptions will slow down to a more manageable pace. If we are in a position like this next season, it will be easy to throw stones at Kreis, but it's unreasonable at this point in time. Especially after we win out the rest of the season and hoist MLS Cup!

#KreisIn

Very well said.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Sucks that Facey is going to miss the first Cowlumbus game. Guess we see Hernandez/Mena for the first time.

Also want to note while we turned it up in the second I think we were already the better team in the first just unlucky to be behind. Hamid is really the only thing that impressed me. Hate to say it but Jersey are better than them.

Just watched the game back... Besides the giveaway, Pirlo's 1st half wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. It was actually quite good. He was in charge defensively too. Speaking of. Except for a few touches, where the f was Jacobson?! He was nonexistent. Based on Kreis's post game interview, he was really impressed with Pirlo's defense too. If Poku does start and FF is healthy, AJ may be the odd man out...even though he's logged the most minutes out of everyone else on the team. I did notice Kreis was ripping into Hernandez at the 68th minute. Screaming at him...PASS TO THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE!!! Anyone else hear that?? The only real negative was there were too many centering passes and nobody was playing the far post. I think FF will make a big difference and will patrol that box like a ball hawk.

This win seem like the type that will catapult us forward and we very well may be playing meaningful ball towards the end of the season.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I was surprised how poor DC looked. Once they scored they just let us have the ball for the rest of the game. Even after we equalized and went ahead.

Playoffs are still a bit out of our hands. We need New England to tank their last 10 games to have any chance at all. I would just forget about it at this point and put emphasis on team building for next year.

Just for the record, when Kreis is still coaching this team in 3-4 years and we consistently put out a winner starting next year. All of you guys that have no patience and with the win now at all cost mentality, with a FUCKING EXPANSION TEAM, can come back and blow JK until he shoots his load in your slutty faces.
Okay. Don't even think I wouldn't if he were capable. He isn't. We truly won in spite of him.

Goddamn dude. He took off Mix for Velasquez. This is the man you want to pin your internet cred on? It's cool. Just want to know what we're dealing with here. I don't trust him. He seems like someone who calculates every move rather than playing the best available. He manages to Cover His Ass rather than Kick Some Ass.

I can't respect that. I'm not the only one. Shit. Even the ASN, MLS and Soccer Morning folks are sick of his shit at this point. The majority of American soccer media on NYC for the past week has been, "fuck, why does Kreis hate Poku?" In some form or another.

He still was obviously pained by it. Otherwise, why remove mix? He is a shit head. Maybe he gets better. He should if he wants to keep his job.

Just watched the game back... Besides the giveaway, Pirlo's 1st half wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. It was actually quite good. He was in charge defensively too. Speaking of. Except for a few touches, where the f was Jacobson?! He was nonexistent. Based on Kreis's post game interview, he was really impressed with Pirlo's defense too. If Poku does start and FF is healthy, AJ may be the odd man out...even though he's logged the most minutes out of everyone else on the team. I did notice Kreis was ripping into Hernandez at the 68th minute. Screaming at him...PASS TO THE OTHER FUCKING SIDE!!! Anyone else hear that?? The only real negative was there were too many centering passes and nobody was playing the far post. I think FF will make a big difference and will patrol that box like a ball hawk.

This win seem like the type that will catapult us forward and we very well may be playing meaningful ball towards the end of the season.
Dude, you didn't have to re type what I posted during the game.

Also, I swear, if you saw it live from my angle, the DC goal goes to AJ.
He is shitty. In every way.

Could someone tell me a website where I can watch full game again forgot to record it on the DVR and MLS live is blacked out

Last edited:
He's on cloud nine. This is the start of an 11 game winning streak. Which will then turn into a 5-6 game winning streak.
We shall call this, "The Thickening". Josie approves.

And yes. I'm obsessed with my new puppy. Yes, it's obnoxious. Yes, she's the cutest puppy ever. I didn't want to leave her. But she's now undefeated since coming to the city. The power of Jose is strong with Josie. She's my Portuguese baby.

image.jpg

Dude, you didn't have to re type what I posted during the game.

Also, I swear, if you saw it live from my angle, the DC goal goes to AJ.
He is shitty. In every way.

Ha! well then I agree with everything you said.

I don't understand AJ's role anymore and Pirlo's performance in the 1st half was underrated. Oh and Kreis is clueless.