Nycfc V Toronto Motm And Postgame

I'm sorry but it only points to either Kreis doesn't have control of the team or doesn't know how to prepare them. The top guys don't need coaching but these lower level guys look clueless. I find it funny how he is talking about how Gio was allowed to run wild...like he doesn't have anything to do with it?!
That's kind of what I was getting at, or trying to. I completely agree.

Reactions: NickA
Probably giving him credit for the perfect form body check on the penalty call. Rangers scouts were drooling.
This is hilarious. My apologies for being a dick last night. I was overheated, both temp wise and from KWS's foolhardy play.

I am going to try to zen the fuck out from now on about our results. Someone remind me when the next game kicks. I'm sure I'll forget. I'm going to give NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan 's "it is what it is" take a shot.

Also, this goes for everyone here, I don't actually dislike any of you, nor do I take any disagreements or messageboard shit talking personally. I hope you guys continue to afford me so much courtesy as you have, as God knows I need it for all of the shit I dish out.

I've always been a little too g'ed up when it up comes to sports. You should have seen me when I actually played. Joe Cool, I am not. God looks after children and fools. That must be why I wasn't born in a town where soccer was even offered. I'd have only been eligible every 3rd game at best. As it was, I just stuck to getting tossed from baseball games and racking up 15-yd unsportsmanlike conducts. That said, with all of the extra running coaches forced me to do, you would've thought I was training for footy. That must be why I'm a lazy fat ass now. Yep. I'm going with that, and not my addiction to playing FIFA.

Last edited:
- The supporters section today just didn't work. Maybe it was the heat, but I felt like after the 12th minute the intensity really died down and I couldn't make out most of the chants coming from the supporters for the rest of the game. I saw a lot of people just standing around doing nothing. And city beats certainly didn't help. Once they starting playing (never in sync with the supporters), you couldn't hear the supporters at all. CFG should make city beats a pre-game/halftime/post-game thing or tell them to drum in sync with the supporter section chants. But as a standalone it doesn't work.

Maybe it would help if the capos (are there capos?) spent a game or two at the other end of field to hear how the sound travels. I would focus first on making the chants articulate. Then second on making sure everyone knows them so you can build up the volume. And finding a way to deal with city beats.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Nice to have a different perspective. You're on your way to seeing the light.

Bolding the supporter comments for R roxfontaine and Buckley (I think those are our two most active TR guys IIRC) because I have made similar comments. It's extremely hard for those of us not in the supporters section to join in anything because we can't tell what the hell is going on, and when we can, it's halfway over at best. It's just a muffled, jumbled mess when it gets around the stadium. Well, except for "Hey Baby", and I did pick up some "City said I" as well. The reason, I believe, that these are so noticeable is that those songs are tempo / tune appropriate for a large crowd. They are catchy and easy to remember, and really carry well. I think more songs in the vein of those would be cool. (No, I don't have any suggestions, so I'll tell myself to shut up.)

We'll all keep at it and get it right eventually.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
I was in 226 and I could only hear "hey baby" twice during the match. I thought "oh good they're really toning it down" I guess I didn't hear all of them.

The Toronto supporters were very good. I was only two sections away, but they were loud and united. At one point I believe it was either after Toronto's second or third goal, they started chanting "we own this house" or "this is our house " or something like that. The 225 and 226 responded with a "USA "chant. I was looking over at the Toronto supporters and they just smiled and started chanting USA along with us. During the last 15 or 20 minutes, I got tired of them facing our sections so I stood up and started yelling the 'Bronx/battery' chant with some passion. I sang it three times but no one else in either section said a word. They all kind of looked at me like i was some drunk even though i didnt have any (i was with my kids). Toronto stopped their chant and listened to me though. Meh, kind of spoiled the atmosphere for me in the section. Everyone cheered and stood for exciting moments, but lacked the 'umph' and passion. I already asked my kids for the next game if they would be cool with being in the supporters section and they were excited for it.

As soon as Pirlo and Lampard get involved, you'll be even more impressed with Angelino and Iraola. I can only imagine the amount of goals that will come from Pirlo/Lamps pinging the ball to the overlapping fullbacks, who then cut the ball back into Villa.

And yeah, KWS - comedy gold.

That was a well played game with CBs that could not handle giovinco. It is so obvious where the deficiencies are. Grabavoy sticks out like a sore thumb, but even though I have been against him from the start, he actually had two very nice plays. Letting the ball pass him to open up Ballouchy shot, and the take down and pass to villa late.

Reactions: Kjbert
It's extremely hard for those of us not in the supporters section to join in anything because we can't tell what the hell is going on, and when we can, it's halfway over at best.

I've heard this a few times. I sit almost opposite from the supporters section but I hear it differently because I know all of the chants so if I hear any piece of it, it catches me. Having a capo or two go to the other side is a great idea though. I'll talk to them and suggest it for you.

I think the issue is a couple of layers deep, but the biggest one for me is that the rhythm section is always rushing the tempo. I think it's their job to keep the RIGHT tempo, not the one the crowd is plugging along to. They rush every single chant and that certainly contributes to the poor sound.

I've heard this a few times. I sit almost opposite from the supporters section but I hear it differently because I know all of the chants so if I hear any piece of it, it catches me. Having a capo or two go to the other side is a great idea though. I'll talk to them and suggest it for you.

I think the issue is a couple of layers deep, but the biggest one for me is that the rhythm section is always rushing the tempo. I think it's their job to keep the RIGHT tempo, not the one the crowd is plugging along to. They rush every single chant and that certainly contributes to the poor sound.
You're totally right. I hadn't considered that being a root cause before, but it totally is.

A little late on this thread as it has been a busy past few days, but I did manage to watch the game from my iPad at work. Here is my take for those interested.

Kwame is the reason that game was a draw... his defense was so laughable especially on his american football tackle on Giovinco for the PK. This was my expression when he did that:
d6f.jpg

I thought Facey played pretty decent besides a couple of faltering moments in the first half. We also have to remember that he is young defending one of the most electric MLS players ever.

Iraola I thought looked very dangerous going forward. His only glaring mistake is what obviously led to the 4th goal. I am excited to see him when he is more fit and more comfortable with the team.

Angelino is going to be fricking electric. He's going to be a player for us, but also MCFC in the future. My expression watching him in the second half:
JQB7k.gif

Midfield I thought was quite average today. Not bad, not good. Don't really have any hot takes on them.

David Villa. His first goal, IMO, was his best of the season. What a fricking golazo. It is truly awesome watching him play and I understand his frustrations because scoring four goals should be a win.

Patrick Mullins, also IMO, compliments Villa well and I liked that duo up top. IDK how much more of that we will see once Lampard, Pirlo, and Mix enter the line up, but for this game, it looked good.

Last edited:
Kwame is the reason that game was a draw...

100%. It's certainly no secret that I can't stand KWS but after yesterday, holy ****ing hell he HAS to go away. I don't even know how many times I said it yesterday. He is so unbelievably awful!

100%. It's certainly no secret that I can't stand KWS but after yesterday, holy ****ing hell he HAS to go away. I don't even know how many times I said it yesterday. He is so unbelievably awful!

Agreed! Didn't even mean to call it a loss but that's how it feels. Scoring 4 goals and not getting 3 points... ugh.

Reactions: roxfontaine
I didn't get to watch the game until 9 last night, and man, what a game. Too bad the defense sucked donkey balls. Watson-Siriboe was atrocious, just awful, and the looks on his face when he was called for the fouls just showed that he was out of his league. His positioning was awful, his tackles were clumsy, just overall terrible. I was also a bit disappointed with Poku, he seemed to be off a bit.

Iraola played well, can't wait to see more of him, as well as Angelino, in the limited amount of time he played.

Someone just put this on Twitter I wonder what's going on with Seba, I wonder if he's on the team but about to get cut.

I saw him before the game with Javier Calle. He looks to be fine but is listed as injured. We will see him again.

Yeah I agree. For all the hoopla surrounding this team...it's been a disappointment. It'll get better as everyone becomes more emotionally invested in this team.

I want to blame it on playing in a big stadium and the location of the supporters. But there seems to be no originality and at times, they are completely quiet.

I know the stadium limits the # of drums so it seems like the choice of drummers is critical. Any idea how the TR selects the drummers? Is there any experience or qualifications considered? Having been to games at other stadiums our drums sound considerably less professional than the drums in other supporters sections. At other stadiums the drums are clear, crisp and hardly ever stop. I am not in a SG so I dont know the situation. It's entirely possible that the people playing the drums are the only ones who stepped up to do it. I appreciate the effort, I just think there is some room for improvement.

I think next season, the SGs may need to get creative with the logistics and maybe work with the FO to move one section of the SG seats to the side behind the other goal, and have capos work in tandem across the field. It would be an effective way (and possibly the only way) to get more of the stadium involved given the sound issues. As for this season, I like the suggestion of planting some capos on the other end (or at least having them do their due diligence to see how the sound does/doesn't travel).