Nycfc V Toronto Postgame And Motm

We played Toronto. We won by 2 nil.
All the fans left BMO just feeling so ill.

You sing this to Copa Cabana, btw.

Somehow you have engineered this to play on repeat as I make my morning recovery. Lo inesperado!

Speaking of unexpected, guys we won. Shay Facey: "There’s no better feeling coming away with a win against a team like Toronto. Nobody expected us to come away with that result, but we did."

Somehow you have engineered this to play on repeat as I make my morning recovery. Lo inesperado!

Speaking of unexpected, guys we won. Shay Facey: "There’s no better feeling coming away with a win against a team like Toronto. Nobody expected us to come away with that result, but we did."
Nice meeting you last night. Sorry if I was a little too familiar. Me gets a bit handsy when I have a few nips of the ol' hooch.

Nah it's all good, nice meeting you as well. The Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan Michael. Mellamphy danger danger cover of YNWA is one for the ages
That was fun stuff. Even worked in some Fields of Anfield Road. May have been the first time LFC anthems have been re-appropriated to celebrate a "City" victory. I guess folks will be happy we didn't sing "Hey Baby" at least.

We need to sing "New York, New York" next time. Let's get that rocking on the PA, Michael. Mellamphy ?

Between the last few usmnt games and last night, I'm gaining a lot more respect for Powder. He was the only one of TFC who kept his cool last night.
Class quote from Bradley:

“Everybody gets a chance to play for 90 minutes, everybody is free to go about it any way they want, that was their way to go about it today.…..whoever is better able to impose themselves and their will in the game typically walks off with the win”

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/06/21/soccers-horrible-brand-nycfc-frustrate-tfc/

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Nice meeting you last night. Sorry if I was a little too familiar. Me gets a bit handsy when I have a few nips of the ol' hooch.
Think I was sitting right by you guys sharing high fives, big leather recliner to the left side of your couch, the good looking short guy in the black Mix jersey, glasses, fighting weight. Next time I will intro myself as my forum moniker. Good times.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Sometimes being part of the very very few away fans really pays off. Especially when you can meet the team afterwards! It was awesome cheering 2 goals while everyone around me was hating on me :p

Attachments

• IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    854.5 KB · Views: 35
Sometimes being part of the very very few away fans really pays off. Especially when you can meet the team afterwards! It was awesome cheering 2 goals while everyone around me was hating on me :p
Holy crap wow! We didn't get this in Philly.

Serves me right. This is the first NYC victory I didn't witness in person. Damn!

Good on you for being there. COYBIB!

Holy crap wow! We didn't get this in Philly.

Serves me right. This is the first NYC victory I didn't witness in person. Damn!

Good on you for being there. COYBIB!
Thanks bro! it was an awesome experience. especially when 99% of the stadium is against you! but unlike Philly, we dont have any NYC fan support up here for obvious reasons! So when you wait outside BMO Field by the door to the coach bus, and have the only NYCFC Jersey, every player will come over bc it must be weird seeing fans all the way up here!

Reactions: FootyLovin and JayH
Wasn't able to see the game myself, but what a great win for the lads.

How was the overall performance?

With players to come in after 1st July it is looking better for making the play offs.

Wasn't able to see the game myself, but what a great win for the lads.

How was the overall performance?

With players to come in after 1st July it is looking better for making the play offs.
As I said elsewhere, we Mourinhoed the shit out of them. They controlled the game, we had 8 men within 25 yards of goal most of the game. We beat up on Giovinco and generally frustrated the hell out of them.

Kreis deserves credit. I didn't think he would do it, but he played them the only way we could with our current squad that gave us a shot to get a result. And we had a bit of good fortune early with a handball penalty, setting up the game well for us sitting back a lot.

Thanks bro! it was an awesome experience. especially when 99% of the stadium is against you! but unlike Philly, we dont have any NYC fan support up here for obvious reasons! So when you wait outside BMO Field by the door to the coach bus, and have the only NYCFC Jersey, every player will come over bc it must be weird seeing fans all the way up here!
That is awesome. I'm already planning to be there with you next year. Damn.

As I said elsewhere, we Mourinhoed the shit out of them. They controlled the game, we had 8 men within 25 yards of goal most of the game. We beat up on Giovinco and generally frustrated the hell out of them.

Kreis deserves credit. I didn't think he would do it, but he played them the only way we could with our current squad that gave us a shot to get a result. And we had a bit of good fortune early with a handball penalty, setting up the game well for us sitting back a lot.

Sometimes you have to play that way. I believe at the moment results are more important than performances.

Of course we would all like to see great attacking football to go with the win,but if we make the play offs then that will be what matters most.

Reactions: FCRU