Nycfc V Toronto Postgame And Motm

Stats notes from whoscored:
Only 1 starter below 7.0 rating. First time that's happened all year.
Second game in a row with team rating over 7.0. Also first time for the year.
Villa their MotM for second straight game. You guessed it, another first.
Second highest rated player - RJ Allen. He was tied for second highest rating last game too.
Second lowest rated player - Mix.

Make of this all what you will.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain attributed to Benjamin Disraeli

What was the atmosphere like for a visitor? Given the match, perquis, reddit attitudes, people throwing beer at the ref I could see it getting hairy real quick.

The atmosphere wasn't really bad at all! Here in Canada you dont see too much violence or a hostile attitude towards visitors. You get the occasional drunk guy yelling stuff but he would never dare touch you. This isnt my first time coming here as a visitor and sitting right in the middle of the home fans. In fact lots of people were asking me about NYCFC and would start random soccer talk while we laughed at Giovinco getting tossed around by the NY defence. It was a really nice atmosphere and I have never had any issues at all! Hopefully it always stays like this because you really get the chance to get up close with the players.

I love that Poku is still signing his name with three exclamation marks. I'm seriously considering altering the forum censorship options so that any time someone types "Poku" it replaces it with "Poku!!!"

Poku was so nice! He was so thankful with everyone that wanted his autograph. very humble guy! It's actually funny because he was even signing Toronto FC stuff for Toronto fans!

Reactions: FootyLovin
Poku was so nice! He was so thankful with everyone that wanted his autograph. very humble guy! It's actually funny because he was even signing Toronto FC stuff for Toronto fans!
Love this! Poku!!!

Side note: I went to a carry out place today for lunch and had to give my name. I said it was Poku and enjoyed hearing, "Poku! Your order is ready."

Love this! Poku!!!

Side note: I went to a carry out place today for lunch and had to give my name. I said it was Poku and enjoyed hearing, "Poku! Your order is ready."

LOL thats pretty funny! People know now! Deff a player that keeps his head on the ground and not in the clouds like many other professional soccer players.

Reactions: Gene and FootyLovin
Stats notes from whoscored:
Only 1 starter below 7.0 rating. First time that's happened all year.
Second game in a row with team rating over 7.0. Also first time for the year.
Villa their MotM for second straight game. You guessed it, another first.
Second highest rated player - RJ Allen. He was tied for second highest rating last game too.
Second lowest rated player - Mix.

Make of this all what you will.

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain attributed to Benjamin Disraeli

never been a fan of RJ, and i dont think hes an mls level defender in any way, but whatever it was that he did last night, worked... wasnt pretty, or conventional but he did his job.

Interesting stats from whoscored:

We only held 42% of the possession

Wingert had the most touches with 53

Villa 5 shots, 3 on target, only other player to register a shot was mix, who was 1 for 2

McNamara had the ball stolen from him 4 times, mix 3

Allen 6 tackles, 7 clearances
Hernandez 8 clearances
Facey 8 clearances
Wingert 4 clearances

Mix had 2 blocked shots

Grabavoy 92% on 28 passes

Wingert 2/9 on long passes, Saunders 5/20

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls-...chael-bradley-toronto-fc-tfc-andrew-jacobson/

Vanney said he isn’t expecting the league to take any disciplinary action against Jacobson.

“They reviewed it. My understanding is that there isn’t anything that’s going to be done about it. It’s beyond baffling to me. It’s as vicious as an attack on a player who is defenceless and facing the other direction as anything I’ve seen the in the league in a couple of years,”

-Like their guy was completely innocent

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/mls-...chael-bradley-toronto-fc-tfc-andrew-jacobson/

Vanney said he isn’t expecting the league to take any disciplinary action against Jacobson.

“They reviewed it. My understanding is that there isn’t anything that’s going to be done about it. It’s beyond baffling to me. It’s as vicious as an attack on a player who is defenceless and facing the other direction as anything I’ve seen the in the league in a couple of years,”

-Like their guy was completely innocent

This Vanney guy seems like a real ass clown. He's been complaining since the match ended.

From mlssoccer.com:

I'm really surprised that they would have fined Watson for that. Klejstan was clearly elbowing him and kicking at his shins. So what if he sold it a little so the ref would notice the clearly bullshit behavior?

I'm really surprised that they would have fined Watson for that. Klejstan was clearly elbowing him and kicking at his shins. So what if he sold it a little so the ref would notice the clearly bullshit behavior?
Doesn't matter. We keep our squad with the winning streak intact for the derby. That's all I care about.

And on that note, anyone else think that the energy drinkers are gonna be fuming that AJ should have gotten a suspension? It fills me with joy imagining their angst.

Because soccer is notorious for such behavior and it turns a lot of fans off to the sport.

LeBron James is the best basketball player of this generation but he's not well liked. That's for many reasons but two in particular are the fact that despite his incredible talent, he's constantly complaining for calls. Secondly, he's well known as a flopper.

I have no issue with a player getting fined, or carded for such behavior. It makes the team look soft and I'd be pissed if any City players did it.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Because soccer is notorious for such behavior and it turns a lot of fans off to the sport.

LeBron James is the best basketball player of this generation but he's not well liked. That's for many reasons but two in particular are the fact that despite his incredible talent, he's constantly complaining for calls. Secondly, he's well known as a flopper.

I have no issue with a player getting fined, or carded for such behavior. It makes the team look soft and I'd be pissed if any City players did it.

I get that, and in most cases I'm all for fining floppers, but when Klejstan's behavior is this egregious I really don't think that Waston is the one who should be facing extra disciplinary action.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015...ecision#ooid=w2dmd1dTr57XfTjHE9wFokR1G5031EYX

I get that, and in most cases I'm all for fining floppers, but when Klejstan's behavior is this egregious I really don't think that Waston is the one who should be facing extra disciplinary action.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2015...ecision#ooid=w2dmd1dTr57XfTjHE9wFokR1G5031EYX

The amount of flopping within the league in general is ridiculous. I honestly feel the league should look into fines just like the NBA does with flopping because the physicality of the game can't be maintained when you have players rolling around for 2 minutes wasting time and when they see the advisary get booked they jump up and start skedaddling around on the field like nothing ever happened. Just look at the COPA America game last night where Cavani was fingered basically and didn't even touch the guy yet got a red card because Jara fell to the floor ( he was later suspended for the rest of the tournament)

Here is the weighted passing chart from Toronto:
eOn4RNm.png

This shows the average position of every player's touch and the lines are thicker depending on how many passes the two players exchanged.

Heres what stands out to me: Josh Saunders only has a few passes to Facey, and really none to any other defender or Jacobson. It really stands out to me that we do not pass out of the back almost at all. Maybe Facey is changing some of that.

Jacobson also stands out for his passing. From a primary distribution role, he isn't doing much, that might be by design, but he does turn over a lot of first passes. All of the distribution to the attack is coming from the full backs.
Who is the guy getting it to Villa the most? Mix. You can't overstate his importance for this team.

I would really love a CDM and another CB who can both pass.

Here is the weighted passing chart from Toronto:
eOn4RNm.png

This shows the average position of every player's touch and the lines are thicker depending on how many passes the two players exchanged.

Heres what stands out to me: Josh Saunders only has a few passes to Facey, and really none to any other defender or Jacobson. It really stands out to me that we do not pass out of the back almost at all. Maybe Facey is changing some of that.

Jacobson also stands out for his passing. From a primary distribution role, he isn't doing much, that might be by design, but he does turn over a lot of first passes. All of the distribution to the attack is coming from the full backs.
Who is the guy getting it to Villa the most? Mix. You can't overstate his importance for this team.

I would really love a CDM and another CB who can both pass.

Where are these charts available?