Nycfc V Toronto Postgame

Toronto does not seem to be playing together - and Twellman commented on that in the game. That said, I don't know that it's necessarily a Jozy/Giovinco thing. Plus, Altidore's production has been fine. He's on 10 goals, and missed half the season between USMNT duty and his hamstring.
I haven't seen Toronto recently, but I thought it was odd that Vanney had Altidore pushed so wide, particularly given that our CB's are not very big and have struggled, at times, with physical forwards. Maybe they've had success playing that way, but it seemed an odd tactic and left Jozy largely out of the match.

Happily, he has 7 by my count, so he needs one more to receive a suspension (would be his second).
How many games do players have to go before they get a clean slate? I just looked over on mlssoccer. com and last nights card was his first in 7 games (Montreal).

Can I say, the juxtaposition of Jozy's Bulky and Gio's Ant Man statures is kind of hilarious to watch in person.

I haven't seen Toronto recently, but I thought it was odd that Vanney had Altidore pushed so wide, particularly given that our CB's are not very big and have struggled, at times, with physical forwards. Maybe they've had success playing that way, but it seemed an odd tactic and left Jozy largely out of the match.

If you are one game away from a suspension, then you can get a card knocked off if you appear in 3 games with no caution. So, even though this was his first card in several games, he wasn't eligible to lose a card. Now he is.
I see. Gracias.

Revs need a new stadium badly. I cringe every time I see Gillette 75% empty.
One of the main reasons this original '96 Revs Season ticket holder hit reset this year. I pretty much hate the Yankees and I stuck it out with the Revs a good 10 years after moving to NYC in '00. At least City will spend some dough and "try" to put an attractive product on the field. The Revs may be solid now, but If you are impatient with Kreis or this side, you clearly never had to suffer through Fernando Clavijo plus no spending -- THAT is true misery. With all their Patriots zillions the Krafts just can't be bothered and have screwed the fans every chance they get.

Sorry. Had to vent.

Great result last night. Even our scrubs played OK.

I think someone needs to tell Saunders its ok to catch the ball now and again, not everything has to be a spectacular dive or punch out. Luckily they all ended in clear space, on another night they could have just as well ended up at the feet of the opposition

I think someone needs to tell Saunders its ok to catch the ball now and again, not everything has to be a spectacular dive or punch out. Luckily they all ended in clear space, on another night they could have just as well ended up at the feet of the opposition
It was for this reason I gave the entire back line an 8 for the clean sheet, but Saunders a 6.

Reactions: Kjbert and LIexpat
If you are one game away from a suspension, then you can get a card knocked off if you appear in 3 games with no caution. So, even though this was his first card in several games, he wasn't eligible to lose a card. Now he is.
Note that you can only get that one card reduction once a season. After that first time there's no more forgiveness.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Note that you can only get that one card reduction once a season. After that first time there's no more forgiveness.

Based on this week's disciplinary report, it seems like Wingert is the only one who has benefited from the good behavior incentive so far this season
Code:
Player                   # yellows       games until good behavior
Kwame Watson-Siriboe      4                1
Chris Wingert             4                N/A
Jason Hernandez           7                3
Josh Saunders             4                3
Edit: formatting

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
One of the main reasons this original '96 Revs Season ticket holder hit reset this year. I pretty much hate the Yankees and I stuck it out with the Revs a good 10 years after moving to NYC in '00. At least City will spend some dough and "try" to put an attractive product on the field. The Revs may be solid now, but If you are impatient with Kreis or this side, you clearly never had to suffer through Fernando Clavijo plus no spending -- THAT is true misery. With all their Patriots zillions the Krafts just can't be bothered and have screwed the fans every chance they get.

Sorry. Had to vent.

Great result last night. Even our scrubs played OK.
Wow a former Revs fan now a NYCFC...great to see.

Based on this week's disciplinary report, it seems like Wingert is the only one who has benefited from the good behavior incentive so far this season
Code:
Player                   # yellows       games until good behavior
Kwame Watson-Siriboe      4                1
Chris Wingert             4                N/A
Jason Hernandez           7                3
Josh Saunders             4                3
Edit: formatting
I might be remembering incorrectly but didn't Villa get one card taken off maybe a month ago?

Toronto is a real coach/good coach from being a very good team. They have made some very poor coaching decisions over the years and Vanney is not someone who the players respect. Did you hear Twellman's comment during the game about TFC. He was saying something is missing, this team does not like to play with each other, something along these lines....If they get a well respect MLS coach, that knows what he is doing, they can change things around. I mean to be fighting for your playoff lives in a crappy Eastern Conference when you have Altidore, Giovinco, Bradley, is embarrassing.

A brief comment about Toronto:

Is there a possibility -- Of course, there's a possibility -- that there's a battle for Alpha Dog on the Reds between Giovinco and Altidore? Given Jozy's production, there doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Vanney probably feels the same way. Could this be bubbling under the surface causing a split in the locker room?
No I don't think so. Altidore doesn't have that personality. I think the Vanney will not be back next year.