Official: Nycfc Signs (on Loan) Angelino

rufio.jpg
Thought the exact same thing. Would have gone with this.

200.gif

Reactions: sbrylski
Watching Yedlin the other night, my hope is that Angelino can provide a similar spark - be it as a LB or as a winger late in games.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Having seen a little bit of Yedlin and a lot of Angelino I'd say yeah, he can defo provide a similar spark. Loads of energy. Defo a left-back though and not a left winger.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yedlin is a world-class athlete, though, and if their style of play is similar, I'd be a tall task to expect Angelino to be able to perform the same feats Yedlin can, from a physical standpoint. I very much so expect him to be technically superior, though.

Reactions: Kjbert
Angelino won't be as physically well developed as Yedlin as he's still a kid, but he's not too far behind him in the pace ranks. Angelino's fast. He also has boundless energy too and he'll run all day for you. Real livewire, and yeah, he probably is technically superior, being typically spanish so therefore brilliant on the ball.

Reactions: FootyLovin

Didn't get to appreciate this quite as much live, but holy shit.
I have several comments:

Watching live, he was constantly in an advanced position. If the ball was on the other side of the pitch, he was pretty advanced.

His speed and quickness is amazing, he can track back very fast.

Some notes from this video that wasn't able to fully comprehend live:
- His eyes are always up, scanning the field. He really surveys all of his options, as noted by some great passes down the line as well as into the middle of the pitch and into the box
- Near the end of that video, the defense was really sagging on him. I think they became very aware of his speed and ability to beat them off the dribble, opening up additional lanes.
- He's got some great passing ability, and not just on crosses (though he jussstttt put a little too much on the through ball to McNamara for a great chance)

He's young and a bit raw. Going to make some mistakes defensively for sure. But he is going to be very exciting to watch and a fantastic addition. Our offensive capabilities take a giant leap with him in the game.

Similar attitude and speed to Deandre Yedlin. Much more technically sound at the same age.

I think Yedlin is even faster than Angelino, but Angelino has better football sense. I'm very bullish on what he can bring the rest of the year.