Official: Pick At The Bones Thread (post Season Drafts)

Regarding Pappa, does anyone know why Seattle released him when he's on such a limited salary? He's been a good player for them.
One theory I have is that he wants to go back to Chicago. With all their changes and their opportunity to choose first, I expect Fire to sign him quick. Too bad.

As for many players mentioned in this thread (great thread) I think price and usefulness as depth is important. If I'm Reyna and PV this week, that's what I'm focusing on. Players like Alston is decent, maybe not a starter but a good priced backup. He is just recovering from leukemia so he's not perfect, but definitely an upgrade to our depth (besides Wingert do even have a backup LB any more). Alibaba is also a good depth defender for price.

I looked through the list of available players (http://www.mlssoccer.com/transactions/2016) and I think there are some decent depth options out there: Rodney Wallace (27 yrs old), Drew Moor (31), David Texeira (24), Kofi Sarkodie (24), Dilly Duka (26), Seth Sinovic (28), Luis Gil (22), Leo Stolz (24), Roy Miller (31), Zach MacMath (24) and, of course, the previously discussed Marco Pappa (28) and Jalil Anibaba (27).

There is one particular player that I think would be a tremendous pickup for the future of our squad [IF we could somehow swing it]: Perry Kitchen (23).

Reactions: Kjbert
A lot of the players on the list you are looking at are probably in negotiations with their old team. The only ones we can get for "free" are the ones on the Free Agent list or Re-Entry Draft. All others we need to trade something to old team (like Gil, or Texiera or Duka etc).

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't necessarily disagree, but I'd really hate to see this team get into some sort of rut where every year we're going to have a Facey/Angelino come and play for one season (or half a season) then return to England. All that does is force the team to rebuild at the position in question year after year.
Loanees are temporary stop gaps. If we have a need for a certain position an EDS player can fill that need. We had a hole at defense this year that Facey and Angelino helped fill. Its not like we had our future defensive line for the next 10 years sitting on the bench because Facey and Angelino came over. We had Wingert and Lord KWS sitting on the bench.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
I totally see where your coming from, and I feel like with everyone else's post I might be the first one to hit the dead horse, BUT I see the loan situation as a positive, not a negative. Dont get me wrong, it hurts right now with Facey probably not coming back, but in the future it will probably add very valuable depth to our team. We would have been a worst team without Facey, and Angelino was a perfect player to add depth when we needed it halfway through the season.
Dead horse, second swing.

I think this depends on the overall makeup of the team. The reason Facey and Angelino leaving is so troublesome this year is that the other two backline positions are also in flux. Even if you have Mena and Iraola, how many games did they play total and together? Those are pretty low numbers. It's possible that the six in front of them are all returning players, but maybe not. If you replace one of those six it's like coming in next year with 5 of the 10 as new players. Plus it'll likely include changes to the system under a new coach.

That's a lot of movement.

That said, we're still a new team. Loanees will be good for us while we work to develop our HGs.

In future years there will be less overall overhaul of the team in the offseason and the departing 1-2 loanees will not be felt as much.

The Waiver Draft is tomorrow afternoon. Anybody see a list of players?

Just put up on mlssoccer.com. meh

The full list of the 25 players eligible for the Waiver Draft (previous team listed):

Daneil Cyrus (Chicago Fire)
Adailton dos Santos (Chicago Fire)
Charles Eloundou (Colorado Rapids)
Emanuel Pogatetz (Columbus Crew SC)
Ben Speas (Columbus Crew SC)
Kristinn Steindorsson (Columbus Crew SC)
Facundo Coria (D.C. United)
Otis Earle (FC Dallas)
AJ Cochran (Houston Dynamo)
Michael Lisch (Houston Dynamo)
Mika Vayrynen (LA Galaxy)
Timothy Mulgrew (New England Revolution)
Pablo Alvarez (New York City FC)
Sebastian Velasquez (New York City FC)
Leo Stolz (New York Red Bulls)
Adam Bedell (Orlando City SC)
Sidney Rivera (Orlando City SC)
Jeanderson Pereira (Portland Timbers)
Jean-Baptiste Pierazzi (San Jose Earthquakes)
Paulo Renato (San Jose Earthquakes)
Tomas Gomez (San Jose Earthquakes)
Michael Azira (Seattle Sounders)
Thomas Bedinelli (Seattle Sounders)
Andres Correa (Seattle Sounders)
Gonzaleo Pineda (Seattle Sounders)

Waiver Draft Order:

1. Chicago Fire
2. Colorado Rapids
3. Philadelphia Union
4. New York City FC
5. Real Salt Lake
6. Houston Dynamo
7. Orlando City SC
8. San Jose Earthquakes
9. Toronto FC
10. New England Revolution
11. Sporting Kansas City
12. LA Galaxy
13. D.C. United
14. Montreal Impact
15. Seattle Sounders
16. Vancouver Whitecaps
17. FC Dallas
18. New York Red Bulls
19. Columbus Crew SC
20. Portland Timbers

I say make a trade with Seattle for Pappa before the draft on Friday. Sign his ass and implement him as our starting LM.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I say make a trade with Seattle for Pappa before the draft on Friday. Sign his ass and implement him as our starting LM.
Only if it doesn't impede us getting new signings in the back, especially multi-year signings. Not just thinking of 2016, but 2017 and beyond. I'd be happy to see an MCFC loanee in LM. If we are going to spend, even if under 100k, I'd like to see an investment that could be a longer term addition to our backline. Those 4 need to gel. My goal would be that whoever we have for the 2nd half of 2016 in back, at least 3 out of the 4 return in 2017. We are essentially going to have a brand new back 4 this year. I don't want that again next offseason. Focus there.

The full list of the 25 players eligible for the Waiver Draft (previous team listed):

Otis Earle (FC Dallas)

Waiver Draft Order:

1. Chicago Fire
2. Colorado Rapids
3. Philadelphia Union
4. New York City FC
5. Real Salt Lake
6. Houston Dynamo
7. Orlando City SC
8. San Jose Earthquakes
9. Toronto FC
11. Sporting Kansas City
12. LA Galaxy
13. D.C. United
14. Montreal Impact
15. Seattle Sounders
16. Vancouver Whitecaps
17. FC Dallas
18. New York Red Bulls
19. Columbus Crew SC
20. Portland Timbers
I wouldn't mind taking Ben Speas today. He's young and didn't get much opportunity with Columbus. He's also cheap $60k salary.

Otis Earle (FC Dallas)

Waiver Draft Order:

1. Chicago Fire
2. Colorado Rapids
3. Philadelphia Union
4. New York City FC
5. Real Salt Lake
6. Houston Dynamo
7. Orlando City SC
8. San Jose Earthquakes
9. Toronto FC
11. Sporting Kansas City
12. LA Galaxy
13. D.C. United
14. Montreal Impact
15. Seattle Sounders
16. Vancouver Whitecaps
17. FC Dallas
18. New York Red Bulls
19. Columbus Crew SC
20. Portland Timbers
I would be interested in Eloundou and Azira from purely development reasons. I'm not sure there are any starters waiting to be had in this list. But it's the first draft of the post-season, yeah!

Reactions: Jock and Kjbert