Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports that he'll be unveiled on Sunday.

Let's go, guys, hurry up and get in.
1386046783190.gif
Link?

Not celebrating until I see an official confirmation from the team
If I'm honest, I'm utterly terrified of getting Lamparded.

I'm sure there's still a lot to work out, Pirlo is still under contract with Juve so they'll either need to work out a transfer fee, or they'll need to convince the team to allow him to leave for free. It's a bit trickier than the Giovinco saga because he had 6 months left on his contract and Juve wasn't offering him an extension, he was gone, they just allowed him to leave earlier to unload his salary.

A bunch of MC fans on Twitter are saying they'd love this move so they can get him on loan for 6 months. They honestly believe this would happen again.
Me too. Pirlo would walk into the City starting XI. If he wants to play for them, and play in the EPL, I see them taking him.

Pretty sweet video. I like how some of his passes are so long the recipient is not even on the screen. So he just kicks it to nothing and as the camera moves, the forward just appears on the end of it.

Vision. He sees shit no one else can see, before it even happens.

VQkMVp9Ut5pxS.gif

Reactions: NickA
This has to be an interesting negotiation for MLS.

Interesting post. At some level, you have to wonder if MLS lets the more experienced ownership groups handle their own business. I know MLS technically owns the contract, but this isn't a complex negotiation where we are bringing a USMNT over and there are political consequences.

Also - said F it and I e-mailed my ticket rep and asked her if we should be expecting any big news from the club over the weekend.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
This has to be an interesting negotiation for MLS.
MLS: "Ok, now, Andrea, keep in mind that when you sign for NYCFC, we can move you to another club without your approval. Your contract is technically owned by us, and we get final say on what club you get to sign with."

Pirlo: "LOL No."

MLS: "Ok, Pirlo, you drive a hard bargain. We're renegotiating the CBA, and single entity is dead. Also, Garber's resigning - welcome to your new role as MLS chairman."

I believe it's inappropriate for NYCFC to announce Pirlo's signing or even an agreement a few days before a big game such as the Champions League final. It would be a distraction to the club and players but hey, Monday is usually one of the biggest news day of the week and fans have been demanding the club, including Reyna, for a 3rd DP due to the bad results. Official announcement perhaps Monday? Can't wait to witness a Pirlo free kick!

Interesting post. At some level, you have to wonder if MLS lets the more experienced ownership groups handle their own business. I know MLS technically owns the contract, but this isn't a complex negotiation where we are bringing a USMNT over and there are political consequences.

Also - said F it and I e-mailed my ticket rep and asked her if we should be expecting any big news from the club over the weekend.
As long as MLS is negotiating these transfers then I will always be suspicious. We need the ability to negotiate on our own as all MLS clubs do.

Wow. Just wow. Is Andrea Pirlo really going to be commanding our NYCFC midfield? Let's keep our fingers crossed no surprises happen.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.