Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
- If he signs for this season it's either going to be 0.5 or a 1.5 year contract (like Lampard).
- If he signs for next year, he's going to be Lamparded (defined as a player who has announced signing for NYCFC who spends time playing for Manchester City longer than he needs)

- I'm not going to pop open the wine until I hear it from NYCFC and CFG. I don't want my Pirlo Party to go bad.

Reactions: Kjbert
Maybe they'll make up on the payments when the 4th DP spot is added next season. I'm enjoying reading all the salt on the interwebz though. Apparently Pirlo is garbage now.
Lol I know right.
Still, it doesn't add up at all. People just guessing. Apparently they had talks today. Which makes no sense regarding the rumors from yesterday about 2016 and non-DP if they just today had serious talks.

Lol I know right.
Still, it doesn't add up at all. People just guessing. Apparently they had talks today. Which makes no sense regarding the rumors from yesterday about 2016 and non-DP if they just today had serious talks.
Silly season. Everybody's pretending to know something.

The only thing that I'm confident of right now is that Pirlo is at least an option. There wouldn't be this much smoke if it wasn't a realistic transfer in some aspect.

Silly season. Everybody's pretending to know something.

The only thing that I'm confident of right now is that Pirlo is at least an option. There wouldn't be this much smoke if it wasn't a realistic transfer in some aspect.
I definitely think they're interested in him just as much as they were Xavi. Barring a better option there's a good chance he comes this way.
Still, getting him a year before his contract expires and having him ready this summer would be much better. Would hate to see him spend another year in Italy.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
What if he signs but for 2016? Takes the summer off and trains with MCFC in the fall?

I'd be really surprised if CFG tried to pull another switch with Pirlo. They've been exemplary owners at MCFC. I was worried the club was going to go under during the Thaksin era. They immediately resolved the problems, went well beyond any obligation to invest in the side and completely remade the infrastructure and professional culture of the club. Not to get back into that subject, because I completely disagree with the way Lampard was handled and the debate is tiresome at this point anyway, but for me it was a one-off mistake rather than an ingrained problem. They're close to bringing us one of the best players in the world, maybe a bit of perspective before the attacks start.

Status
Not open for further replies.