Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll make up on the payments when the 4th DP spot is added next season. I'm enjoying reading all the salt on the interwebz though. Apparently Pirlo is garbage now.
You noticed that too? Last week the internet couldn't kiss the man's ass enough and today he's an old broken down guy who will die out there on the Yankee Stadium field. Some people really need to be punched in the nuts.

If he signs for next year and trains with Man City then NYC FC should get Aguero for the rest of this season.

Reactions: Kjbert
One potentially major problem if we get Pirlo.

No more beer at the stadium.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...lder-doubles-as-winemaker-off-the-pitch-video

andrea-pirlo-wine1.jpg

Because it's NYCFC people suddenly forget that the guy has won Serie A player of the year the past 3 years, not sure if people recognize what an accomplishment that is. Oh, and yeah, he's Pirlo.

Wow. Is that true? I didn't know that

Reactions: BlueWarrior and PB3
Maybe they'll make up on the payments when the 4th DP spot is added next season. I'm enjoying reading all the salt on the interwebz though. Apparently Pirlo is garbage now.

Yeah was just lurking , possibly on same site you looked at, on generic MLS forum "He's so slow, We'll have the slowest mid field in MLS with him and Lamps, this would have been a good team 5 years ago ha ha" God I can't wait to show these clowns on the field. This team has made some mistakes but Pirlo would not be one of them. And while the handling and timing of Lampard's arrival is/was Once he's on the field I don't think he will be either. We might suck on the field so far but the haters sure are scared of our potential..

Reactions: Gene and Kjbert
Update this is the same source that reported that his sources confirmed lampard would be here at the start of training camp. Let's all accept that he has no sources, makes stuff up and stop quoting him.

I know who he talks to. It's our side of the pond and he wasn't wrong when he reported it. CFG is very siloed.

Beckerman: 3.3 tackles per game (10th in MLS)
Pirlo: 1.6 tackles per game (118th in Serie A)

Another data point, De Jong: 2.1 tackles per game (64th in Serie A)

Pirlo is not Kreis' new Beckerman. He's going to be great, but I don't think it will be quite as simple as plugging Pirlo into the bottom of a diamond, especially given our weak back line. Still need defensive support from the midfield.

Beckerman: 3.3 tackles per game (10th in MLS)
Pirlo: 1.6 tackles per game (118th in Serie A)

Another data point, De Jong: 2.1 tackles per game (64th in Serie A)

Pirlo is not Kreis' new Beckerman. He's going to be great, but I don't think it will be quite as simple as plugging Pirlo into the bottom of a diamond, especially given our weak back line. Still need defensive support from the midfield.

Missing the point - this is directly from Kreis. The bottom of the diamond midfielder isn't a defensive player. He's a link between the GK and CBs and the attacking players.

The fact that Beckerman is such a great defensive player was just a plus to Kreis. He was there because he could distribute the ball and he was great in possession.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Missing the point - this is directly from Kreis. The bottom of the diamond midfielder isn't a defensive player. He's a link between the GK and CBs and the attacking players.

The fact that Beckerman is such a great defensive player was just a plus to Kreis. He was there because he could distribute the ball and he was great in possession.

I don't disagree that distribution is a huge component of the role, probably the primary component. But I also don't think it's reasonable to ignore defensive contributions from your deepest midfielder, especially considering our weak back line.

Kreis might say it's 100% distribution, but look at what he's actually putting out on the field. Jacobson has been playing deeper than our fullbacks, almost on the backline some games. He has 2.8 tackles per game, good for 21st in the league. I think this role is very important.

Interestingly, however, as I was looking that up I saw Mix has 3 tackles per game. I posted another thread discussing Mix's potential new role in the Supporters forum, I think this discussion all depends on whether Mix and another CM will be able to run enough to play both defensively and offensively, or whether that stretches them too thin (thereby necessitating a dedicated DM like Jacobson).

I know who he talks to. It's our side of the pond and he wasn't wrong when he reported it. CFG is very siloed.

Just want to start out with the fact that I respect you based on interactions on these forums, so you sticking up for Chavez helps a bit. But the guy cant say shit that is straight up wrong and not some loose credibility. When you mess up that bad its time to name sources. My sources say... only works when you haven't totally blown your credibility. Furthermore he continues to tweet poorly researched crap such as the tweet below. Anyone who listens to men in blazers knows that one of them is an NYCFC season ticket holder who loves Chelsea, Lampard and goes to most NYCFC games. They talk about NYCFC regularly on the podcast. Seriously do 5 min of research before tweeting and maybe he can start earning some credibility back.

If we sign Pirlo and he wants #21, is he going to trade his hair and beard to Hernandez for the rights to the jersey number?

Maybe they're paying his contract down with millions of dollars worth of wine? That's not against the rules is it?
But they could pay down his cost with allocation money and remember he would only be a half season DP anyways, half the hit on the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.