Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea Pirlo assured his tears after the Champions League Final were not “a goodbye to Juventus.”

There have been numerous reports that his visible upset at the 3-1 defeat to Barcelona were a sign of his imminent departure towards New York and the MLS.

“Were my tears a goodbye to Juventus? No, they were for the defeat,” Pirlo told Sky Sport Italia.

“It is the kind of opportunity that I will rarely get again.”

http://football-italia.net/67508/pirlo-not-tears-goodbye

Reactions: Kjbert

Although this is just talking about his quote that he's crying over losing and not that it's goodbye tears. I think and hope it was for both.

I read this article and it really doesn't tell you anything. The headline is intentionally misleading. At his age I don't see Juventus offering him another contract. Either way, I don't think we'll find out what's going on one way or another for at least another month.

I read this article and it really doesn't tell you anything. The headline is intentionally misleading. At his age I don't see Juventus offering him another contract. Either way, I don't think we'll find out what's going on one way or another for at least another month.
Agreed this article is about as useful as a limp dick but figured it would at least be worth a mention on this thread. His contract is for another year but Juve did say they would let him leave if he wanted to.

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
I don't know you but you seem to know stuff, so I'll take your lead.

I used to play ball with someone close to one of the executives and we discuss NYCFC a lot. He's been accurate and there's no reason for me not to trust him. If he states 'don't listen to the media because hes not coming' then unfortunately that sucks for us. Of course I hope things change though.

Reactions: LionNYC and Kjbert
I used to play ball with someone close to one of the executives and we discuss NYCFC a lot. He's been accurate and there's no reason for me not to trust him. If he states 'don't listen to the media because hes not coming' then unfortunately that sucks for us. Of course I hope things change though.

So the next, obvious question, is has he given any insight as to whom we should be paying attention to?

I'd be SHOCKED if Pirlo isn't at least talking with NYCFC and considering it. For there to be all these rumblings surrounding it, something has to be going on. It was the same with Xavi. A ton of smoke, then nothing happens and we all thought it was BS from the start, then Xavi himself states that he was about to sign a contract with NYCFC when Barca stepped in. Probably the same situ here. Juve are going to convince him to stay, and who wouldn't?

These "sources" who claim to have inside knowledge and say nothing is going on must be lying or don't know shit. Something is happening, that's for sure.

Hilarious that our name confuses and confounds so many...

New York City Football Club. It is, apparently, extremely complicated.
Here's hoping these big names lead to big wins. That's how you get people to remember your name.

Reactions: Kjbert

This is from a Juve corespondent and journalist and translates to "signing incoming" there seems to be a lot of smoke in and around Juve about him coming here.

I'd put my money on this guy over Joy's "sources". You'd think an Italian journalist who is the Juve correspondent would know. Unless Pirlo's agent is feeding these lies to the journos.

Here's the translation:

Andrea Pirlo one step away from New York City: There we are. In recent days, as anticipated by Goal Italy, related to the club US emissaries landed in Turin to meet the star players from Brescia, deeply lured by the possibility of facing a new experience and, above all, of life, turning to give after four intense years spent with the jersey of Juventus.

The negotiations proceed in full sail, denials of the rite in the background, Pirlo ready to land in the next few days in New York to define - in terms of contract - his new adventure. The choice was to come after Berlin and, according to insiders, the signals travel shipped to the farewell, painful even more so after the tears shed in the German capital, weighted with clarity in recent months by the individual, not at all willing to consider only the economic component. Will clear: to end his career with something "new" and intriguing.

For a Pirlo goes, here it is a Sami Khedira coming in. Also known as the final details of the men in Corso Galileo Ferraris and the strong German midfielder, Beppe Marotta and Fabio Guild were not long escape huge opportunity and, as quickly, they did sign the now former Real Madrid a rich four.

Consultations are done in great secrecy in the Spanish capital have fully convinced the leaders Juventus, data bright, green light, therefore, for the official announcement. Meanwhile, after having cherished dream Champions League, Juve again. How? Present and future planning.

Key questions:
1. How many times have you checked this page in the last week?
2. How many times per minute are you refreshing?

Reactions: PB3 and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.