Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerc...nvincere-pirlo-a-dire-si-all-australia-239785

Here is an interview with his agent. Basically saying that he's setting up the Sydney meeting to see what's out there. He said everyone knows theres interest in NYCFC and a meeting is coming. I actually read this as positive and that he is looking to make a move and his agent is trying to create a market to drive up the price or length of the offer from NYCFC.

http://www.tuttojuve.com/calciomerc...nvincere-pirlo-a-dire-si-all-australia-239785

Here is an interview with his agent. Basically saying that he's setting up the Sydney meeting to see what's out there. He said everyone knows theres interest in NYCFC and a meeting is coming. I actually read this as positive and that he is looking to make a move and his agent is trying to create a market to drive up the price or length of the offer from NYCFC.

Here is the translation of the important bit:

Yet reports in the States say that signing with the New York City FC is next.

"Everyone knows that New York is ahead, but I'm here to put Australia ahead as consideration. What gives me hope is that it was in Australia with Juventus in 2014 and has already seen the nation. It could consider the option , the nation if he wishes. "

NY is ahead... That's from Pirlo's agent. Could be smoke just to get others moving, or could be real.

Here is the translation of the important bit:

Yet reports in the States say that signing with the New York City FC is next.

"Everyone knows that New York is ahead, but I'm here to put Australia ahead as consideration. What gives me hope is that it was in Australia with Juventus in 2014 and has already seen the nation. It could consider the option , the nation if he wishes. "

NY is ahead... That's from Pirlo's agent. Could be smoke just to get others moving, or could be real.
I think this is just a move by his agent to get him the best possible deal.

All aboard the hype train.

Reactions: Drainyoo
I think by ahead, with the translation, it means it is out there.

Trying to do well by his client and showing him all options. Like a Real Estate Agent showing you a house in a crappy neighborhood.

The only thing I'm sure of is - only in NYC. Most of these other MLS teams have no drama, stories, rumors lol. No action. This is fun. At least we are relevant despite our record. If CFG puts a winning product out there...we will be the premier destination in the Americas. It's going to be an interested ride.

Last edited:
The only thing I'm sure of is - only in NYC. Most of these other MLS teams have no drama, stories, rumors lol. No action. This is fun. At least we are relevant despite our record. If CFG puts a winning product out there...we will be the premier destination in the Americas. It's going to be a interested ride.
Got to love it. We're playing like shit and still sell more tickets than most of the teams out there. We're linked with big names in the way only LA would have been before.

Adidas said there would be haters.

Got to love it. We're playing like shit and still sell more tickets than most of the teams out there. We're linked with big names in the way only LA would have been before.

Adidas said there would be haters.

Hey...In before we start seeing huge Pirlo "there will be haters" billboard ads thru out the city.

oh and btw, well see what happens some say yes other say no, well find out soon enough if it doesnt happen we gotta move on and find another.

Reactions: Kjbert
Drogba wants to play with us but NYCFC not interested in signing him.

I've heard that MLS in general has balked at his asking price. All it takes is one club to say yes, but his agent is offering him around the league. Portland and Orlando were willing to sign him, but not for what he wanted.

Reactions: Jack
Haha, it's like a soup opera.
good! I love soup

Soup-Nazi-e1375820887322.jpg

It seems to me that Pirlo is a very real possibility in joining us.

By signing him it will allow Lampard to take up a more attacking role with probably Mix playing a bit deeper.

I would also like to see us sign a genuine wide player with pace. This would give us more options going forward and allow us to stretch the opposition defence that will allow Pirlo the space to control the tempo of the game.

His ability to hit the long pass will have the opposition defences playing a lot deeper, and that opens up the space to hit the short pass and control possession.

Personally I believe it would be a game changing signing.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Status
Not open for further replies.