Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think NJ would pick up Pirlo. Didn't they say something along the lines of that if they had the chance to sign another Henry they wouldn't?

I think they're trying to move away from the big DP names from now on.

Reactions: Kjbert
I don't think NJ would pick up Pirlo. Didn't they say something along the lines of that if they had the chance to sign another Henry they wouldn't?

I think they're trying to move away from the big DP names from now on.

True. They are very focused on their youth programs now.

Nothing wrong with building through the academy. Look at what RSL has done under Lagerway and now FC Dallas.

Reactions: whill4 and NickA
Pirlo to Toronto, with Bradley coming to NYCFC. U.S. soccer and MLS correct the stupidity of two of the biggest American names playing north of the Border.

You heard it here first.

Because I just made it up.

Nothing wrong with building through the academy. Look at what RSL has done under Lagerway and now FC Dallas.
Lagerway had zero to do with academy at RSL. That was mostly Kreis and his staff. Lagerway was in charge of killer/shrewd trades, drafts and playing Garber-opoly.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Nothing wrong with building through the academy.
Definitely. There is a great set up in the NY/NJ area, and it's good to see them take advantage of it. It will be interesting to see however if it hurts them or not in regards to attracting new fans in the future without the big names.

I'd like to see us take the Galaxy approach where we do a mix of both. Seeing Zardes next to Keane is a great image.

So looks like we've got to wait another week at least for more news.

Yeah, looks that way unfortunately. Seems like all the reports were B.S. I'd have to think if there was something agreed upon, it would've been officially announced already. Guessing if he wasn't waiting until after the CL final, he's waiting to see how Juve stacks up. They realistically can make another run. Dybala could be a game changer for them. Pirlo might just play his contract out and unless he's injured, will get a MLS offer after next year. That's what I would do if I was him and I bet that's what he's gonna do.

Anyone know who the guy on the left is?
11337052_463840653789396_4914824639396973747_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.