Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that figure is anything close to true, some people are going to have to rethink their complaining about CFG's commitment to the team.
Xavi is getting €10 million from Al Sadd so it's a premium. Agents know these players will draw fans, sell jerseys and be a big part of the team. Owners know it too.

It's also well known that CFG will straight up make it rain.

Xavi is getting €10 million from Al Sadd so it's a premium. Agents know these players will draw fans, sell jerseys and be a big part of the team. Owners know it too.

It's also well known that CFG will straight up make it rain.
As long as they don't raise my season ticket price...

cm-44235-450f0aeb8d141a.gif

This wait is killing me. He is playing today in Croatia, so that could be the reason we're waiting for an answer.

Reactions: Kjbert
If that figure is anything close to true, some people are going to have to rethink their complaining about CFG's commitment to the team.

This, 100 times. EUR to USD right now is like 1.12. So 12 Million EUR is like 13.5 Million USD.

Reactions: SayWhat44
I think Pirlo will help, he is a world class player, one of the better mid's still in the world today. For a player of his caliber, even at his age to come to MLS and to come to NYC is AMAZING to say the least. You see this is what I keep coming back to as a NYCFC die hard fan, all those haters who want to say CFG is bad for MLS, is bad for NYC etc, are absolutely ridiculous. If NYCFC was a farm team for Man City then why not just sign Pirlo to play for man City?????? Will Pirlo go out on loan, maybe or maybe not, that doesn't matter! What matters is that CFG is spending big time dollars in Villa, Lampard, and now Pirlo to put a winning team on the field in NYC and a team that fans want to come and watch!!! They go hand in hand, a winning team with star players in NYC.

All this talk about Villa struggling, when in reality he isn't, he just doesn't have anyone worth their salt that can get him the ball, or finish when he himself provides service, have to realize for star players to come to MLS, it has been proven, the first year they are not in-form. It takes a little bit of time. See Henry and Cahill with the Redbulls.

Now even if NYCFC continue to struggle after the July arrivals. At least they are given fans what they want here in NYC and that is, showing commitment to winning, spending the money and bringing in world class players.Thank you CFG and let's hope this leads us to making the playoffs. I am very excited for the rest of the year obviously but really I can not wait until next year when Kreis and the team have a real off season and they continue to add depth to the team. I love it! Bring it on!

Even if it simply is true that we made a 13 million dollar offer for him regardless of whether or not he accepts (hopefully he will), it's a welcome development and great sign that CFG is willing to open the coffers for talent. I have always believed that would be the case, but some have been unsure in light of the inaugural bumps in the road. Spending well and wisely, of course, will be the key.

It will be interesting to see what season ticket prices do next year. I think they will loose some STH who joined for the low price and the novelty of being a part of the inaugural season. Couple that with a poor record (assuming we dont see a big turn around, which is totally possible) and still being in Yankee Stadium with no end in sight its hard for me the imagine an aggressive hike in ticket prices next year. I think the points we need to worry about huge price jumps are after next season if the team is very successful and the first season in the new stadium whenever that happens.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.