Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see what season ticket prices do next year. I think they will loose some STH who joined for the low price and the novelty of being a part of the inaugural season. Couple that with a poor record (assuming we dont see a big turn around, which is totally possible) and still being in Yankee Stadium with no end in sight its hard for me the imagine an aggressive hike in ticket prices next year. I think the points we need to worry about huge price jumps are after next season if the team is very successful and the first season in the new stadium whenever that happens.
I think season ticket reups will have everything to do with the secondary market. My guess is that most people buy season tickets with the intention of selling enough of them to make up their cost or make profit. I may be wildly wrong about that, I hope some STHs will weigh in on that. If they make enough this season to make it worth doing next year, they will, if they end up losing more than they were comfortable they won't. I don;t know which way the trend is blowing this year, but NYCFC.com is selling tickets at rates considerably lower than the secondary market, which makes me think that sellign NYC tix on stubhub is not lucrative.

nb this is all wild speculation on my part.

Reactions: Paul and gbservis
I think season ticket reups will have everything to do with the secondary market. My guess is that most people buy season tickets with the intention of selling enough of them to make up their cost or make profit. I may be wildly wrong about that, I hope some STHs will weigh in on that. If they make enough this season to make it worth doing next year, they will, if they end up losing more than they were comfortable they won't. I don;t know which way the trend is blowing this year, but NYCFC.com is selling tickets at rates considerably lower than the secondary market, which makes me think that sellign NYC tix on stubhub is not lucrative.

I bought season tickets hoping that the games I'm not able to attend will at bring down the overall price of the tickets. But If possible, I'd more than comfortable using every ticket in my package. I have a friend that lives a few blocks from the stadium and he bought STs with the intention of going to a few but being able to move the rest at a profit or cover cost.

If you consider the price of the tickets, they're really cheap. A trip to the movies will cost me a similar price.

Reactions: Goodfella
The thing is though money means absolutely nothing to these guys. I mean it's great that they're willing to spend the money on Pirlo. But let's be honest, his salary is pennies to them.

Reactions: gbservis

That's a great point. As a STH who has not missed a game it never crossed my mind to consider if my seats are worth more than I paid for them. Now that you bring it up it makes a lot of sense. I still won't be selling my tickets any time soon though. Going to the games is way too much fun.

The thing is though money means absolutely nothing to these guys. I mean it's great that they're willing to spend the money on Pirlo. But let's be honest, his salary is pennies to them.

That's true and they have been very clear that their intentions are growing the brand. If that is the true objective and money is not an option it is in their best interest to keep the cost down and make it as accessible as possible.

(Sorry I know this is way off topic, last comment on this here, back to the Pirlo party!)

FWIW, Nets season ticket prices haven't increased (for renewals, at least) during the time they've been in Brooklyn, in spite of all the money Prokorohov has been throwing around. I don't think an increase for next year is a foregone conclusion.

I will probably buy one or two more tickets next year. I tried to actually buy two more last week but the people who have the seats next to me WHO NEVER SHOW UP are season ticket holders.

I would guess my seats will go up in price slightly, Third Rail seats will stay the same.

I will probably buy one or two more tickets next year. I tried to actually buy two more last week but the people who have the seats next to me WHO NEVER SHOW UP are season ticket holders.

I would guess my seats will go up in price slightly, Third Rail seats will stay the same.

I'm ok with prices going up since we have had 25k+ at every game.
Founding members have preferred pricing through life of the account so we'll always pay less than others.

Reactions: Kjbert
This is getting off topic, but I wonder if they will make a change to better adjust ticket prices to the quality of the seats. There are some real bargains to be had and some that are head-scratchingly expensive.

Reactions: Lasker and Kjbert
I'm watching the Italy/Croatia match now, just to watch Pirlo. Everyone has mentioned his passing, but what I've noticed the most is he's constantly looking over his shoulder defensively to keep aware of what's around him. Offensively his head is always up and looking forward.

I'm watching the Italy/Croatia match now, just to watch Pirlo. Everyone has mentioned his passing, but what I've noticed the most is he's constantly looking over his shoulder defensively to keep aware of what's around him. Offensively his head is always up and looking forward.
That's because he's so slow he has to be in the right spot always. Luckily, he is so good at position it usually more than makes up for his lack of pace, as long as he has other people to help out :)

This is getting off topic, but I wonder if they will make a change to better adjust ticket prices to the quality of the seats. There are some real bargains to be had and some that are head-scratchingly expensive.

when i was speaking to my ticket rep, he couldn't believe how cheap my tickets were relative to the Tier. I think I am Tier 2? Only 900 per. Which is amazing. I thought I paid more.

I read somewhere else that his heat map from the UCL final was the most active.

Reactions: SayWhat44
Status
Not open for further replies.