Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we judge people on how smugly they type/say something?

I'm not looking to start anything, but when you start a comment off with
"Just a little education for you:" you come off a little d-baggy.

Reactions: Gavin23
I'm not looking to start anything, but when you start a comment off with
"Just a little education for you:" you come off a little d-baggy.
Im aware that it comes off very pretentious and rude, however, we don't need to turn this thread into an argument about who is a "d-bag".

What do you guys think is the hold up with Pirlo?

Two other signings took place before we heard anything worth noting about the Pirlo situation. I don't know if I should be worried about this or not.

If they would give Falastur Falastur his proper moniker of "Manc Cliff Clavin", we wouldn't have this issue.

I actually took it as him stating it somewhat parenthetically. Perhaps he should have phrased it, "here's some shit I think, feel free to disregard". Would that have been okay with everyone?

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Maybe this is overkill but I want to start by saying I do not in any way want to open the worn out MCFC is an amazing/horrible owner debate. There at a bunch of other topics you can find if you want to keep beating the dead horse of your position on that subject.

Strictly from a DP perspective are their any former MCFC players we are over looking as a possibility? I respect the fact that the leadership has seemingly recuited the best players they could get
What do you guys think is the hold up with Pirlo?

Two other signings took place before we heard anything worth noting about the Pirlo situation. I don't know if I should be worried about this or not.

I think some reasonable hold ups have been sighted:

Explanations that still give us a chance
1. He's with the national team and will deal with it after
2. The deal is done but NYCFC is waiting for some special time to drop the news (Seems unlikely)

Explanations that are not good for us:
1. It was all just media manufactured BS
2. He is still thinking about it and hasn't made up his mind.

Trying to still hold out hope but I am preparing for news that he is not coming. Worst case I can think of is that it's real but he is still deciding and in the end it's a no but because we had to wait for the answer we miss out on other DP3 options.

Maybe this is overkill but I want to start by saying I do not in any way want to open the worn out MCFC is an amazing/horrible owner debate. There at a bunch of other topics you can find if you want to keep beating the dead horse of your position on that subject.

Strictly from a DP perspective are their any former MCFC players we are over looking as a possibility? I respect the fact that the leadership has seemingly recuited the best players they could get

2. The deal is done but NYCFC is waiting for some special time to drop the news (Seems unlikely)

Trying to still hold out hope but I am preparing for news that he is not coming. Worst case I can think of is that it's real but he is still deciding and in the end it's a no but because we had to wait for the answer we miss out on other DP3 options.
Hopefully it's one of the first to options that you listed.

I'm not prepared to get on this forum with all the bitching if any of your latter explanations turn out to be true. It's gonna be a serious shit storm. Or, at least thats what i expect to happen.

Reactions: gbservis
Im aware that it comes off very pretentious and rude, however, we don't need to turn this thread into an argument about who is a "d-bag".

I'm sorry but didn't YOU step in and continue it too lol. I hear you, it's all good.

Back to Pirlo!

For the record, to all involved - I wasn't trying to be smug, or tell you all what to think. I was trying to be wry. As ever, the problem with the internet is that you can't tell from someone's voice whether they are trying to patronise someone or not.

NickA NickA - I apologise. I wasn't trying to call you out or diminish your efforts. Kudos for having the language skills to read the Italian - I wish I was fluent in another language. Fair play that you were just looking for something to represent what you'd read. I simply meant to say that that website has a history of writing some really poor stories. Clearly I didn't do it well.

If they would give Falastur Falastur his proper moniker of "Manc Cliff Clavin", we wouldn't have this issue.

I actually took it as him stating it somewhat parenthetically. Perhaps he should have phrased it, "here's some shit I think, feel free to disregard". Would that have been okay with everyone?

For the record, I technically could give myself that title, so I guess I can't complain too much that others haven't do it first...

For the record, to all involved - I wasn't trying to be smug, or tell you all what to think. I was trying to be wry. As ever, the problem with the internet is that you can't tell from someone's voice whether they are trying to patronise someone or not.

NickA NickA - I apologise. I wasn't trying to call you out or diminish your efforts. Kudos for having the language skills to read the Italian - I wish I was fluent in another language. Fair play that you were just looking for something to represent what you'd read. I simply meant to say that that website has a history of writing some really poor stories. Clearly I didn't do it well.

For the record, I technically could give myself that title, so I guess I can't complain too much that others haven't do it first...

Fair enough. Thanks.

I won't bitch over not getting Pirlo. But if we don't use the third DP slot, I damn sure will, as should all of us. And justifiably so.

If the right guy isn't available, we shouldn't use the spot. Once we fill DP#3, our hands will likely be tied until the winter window in 2017, when Lampard possibly retires. In other words, we'll do nothing major for two transfer windows. There might be some significantly better player available during those times that I don't want to miss out on just because we were desperate today.

There has to be something. Maybe CFG is trying to get creative with the contract. I know they had their qualifier against Croatia quickly after the CL. Then this friendly with Portugal. If I remember correctly, they are done for a while. So Pirlo probably has been busy and focused on that I would assume. I bet he will take the next few days to assess everything. He doesn't seem like the type to want to screw Juve over, so I think we'll have the answer sooner than later now.

If the right guy isn't available, we shouldn't use the spot. Once we fill DP#3, our hands will likely be tied until the winter window in 2017, when Lampard possibly retires. In other words, we'll do nothing major for two transfer windows. There might be some significantly better player available during those times that I don't want to miss out on just because we were desperate today.
This.

Agree, that I absolutely want us to use the 3rd DP spot this year. But definitely don't want to just tag it to somebody just to use it if it does not make sense.

I 100% agree. I said that yesterday I think. I'm perfectly fine with using it this year on a high caliber player. But if we don't get that, I don't want them to use it just to do it. Cause next year will suck, watching these names go by and we can do anything. But it would suck less if there's someone of note on the team already. It would be cool going forward to stagger the DP contracts to end a year after each other this way we always have a DP to sign. Hopefully this season is a success for MLS and they can make it easier to attract and sign top level talent going forward by adjusting the cap, free agency and DP #.

I disagree. There are many players out there who would improve us. I want a signing that makes a difference now.

Aside from that, you can't promise 3 DPs from day 1, deliver only 1, and then not sign another for another year. Yes, new players come available every year, but it would be a really disappointing decision for the club to let another entire year go by without a 3rd DP. If we're honest, that is what it would be. Not even a little do I believe we'd sign someone in the winter of 2015 window that is better than what we could get now.

I disagree. There are many players out there who would improve us. I want a signing that makes a difference now.

Aside from that, you can't promise 3 DPs from day 1, deliver only 1, and then not sign another for another year. Yes, new players come available every year, but it would be a really disappointing decision for the club to let another entire year go by without a 3rd DP. If we're honest, that is what it would be. Not even a little do I believe we'd sign someone in the winter of 2015 window that is better than what we could get now.

Current salary cap rules put players in the $1MM-$3MM range in a bit of a dead zone for us. If we can afford someone with a price tag of $6-10MM, our DP's slots should almost exclusively be used on those guys.

In other words, yes there are guys out there that will help us. But I'd rather sign a player or two around $500k (paid down with allocation money) than one at $2MM, because then we can have our cake (the $500k players) and eat it too (the $6-10MM DP).

So give me more Iraola's and I'll be happy (provided we can manage the cap ok). But let's treat those DP's as the precious spots they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.