Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one will, and depending on what happens in the CL, it could very well be Pirlo.

I would hope for Juve that they are able to keep Pogba.

As someone who watches EPL religiously, and will watch one other game a weekend on BeInSport (Juve, Roma, Barca or Real), I want all the talent in the EPL. But if Juve keeping Pogba means Pirlo comes here, I'm all in.

I really hope they keep Pogba too, Pirlo is a great player, but I would miss Pogba more. Juve are finally starting to make a team worthy of Europe and resume their place among the big boys.

Reactions: Kjbert
I really hope they keep Pogba too, Pirlo is a great player, but I would miss Pogba more. Juve are finally starting to make a team worthy of Europe and resume their place among the big boys.

I am not a Juve fan - just a casual observer. Pirlo is the past and Pogba is the present and future. Smart business would be to keep Pogba. Can't imagine what his wage demands will be, but I'm sure Pirlo isn't cheap either.

Reactions: juventuz
Pogba just signed a contract extension this season, making 4 million a year until 2019. Keep in mind, in Italy salary is reported after tax, so technically he's making 8 million a year.

Pogba just signed a contract extension this season, making 4 million a year until 2019. Keep in mind, in Italy salary is reported after tax, so technically he's making 8 million a year.

Which is nothing, relative to what other guys of his quality are making. Falcao, Rooney, James, Silva. All similar talent level - all making twice as much or more. If he moved to Real Madrid, they could (would?) double his salary.

pirlo.jpg

I am not a Juve fan - just a casual observer. Pirlo is the past and Pogba is the present and future. Smart business would be to keep Pogba. Can't imagine what his wage demands will be, but I'm sure Pirlo isn't cheap either.

I think Pogba is essentially a future payday for Juve waiting to happen at this point. Sounds like he will stay one more year and then Juve will cash in. The transfer fee is going to be huge. Juve with be able to buy plenty of talent with the boat of cash one of the big clubs sends them for Pogba.

Interesting. Expand on that please. Where are you seeing this? Seems like a logical move for them. Interesting that Bayern would move him on so quickly.

I've read it a few times, but here's a few links that I remember referred to it. It does make sense if Pirlo leaves. Though I'd still love to see Pirlo setting Dybala up instead.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...lo-snub-Liverpool-Chelsea-Major-League-Soccer

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2015/...teven-gerrard-transfer-merry-go-round-mooted/

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ventus-Bayern-Munich-Xabi-Alonso-Andrea-Pirlo

I think Pogba is essentially a future payday for Juve waiting to happen at this point. Sounds like he will stay one more year and then Juve will cash in. The transfer fee is going to be huge. Juve with be able to buy plenty of talent with the boat of cash one of the big clubs sends them for Pogba.

Just because you have cash, doesn't mean it's spent wisely (see Bale and Suarez transfers).

Reactions: gbservis

Thank you. If Alonso and Khedira are on the way in, has to mean Pirlo is gone.

Reactions: NickA
Just because you have cash, doesn't mean it's spent wisely (see Bale and Suarez transfers).

Very true the Spurs really flopped on a bunch of the signings they used the Bale money for.

Saw the below in another thread, but not this one yet.

1293842_thumb.jpg

Pirlo to snub Liverpool and Chelsea
awesome_up.png

dislike_up.png

Juventus icon Andrea Pirlo is set to snub moves to the Premier League this summer. The 35-year-old is set to leave Juve but has his eyes on a move to New York City FC where he'd join Frank Lampard and David Villa.

Source: Daily Express
Tuesday, May 26, 2015 9:48 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.