Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirlo is a ridiculously good player and would be one of the best on the team and in the league. Do we really need to bicker over where he stand in the all time great list? That's such a subjective argument. For instance I respect the greatness of Cruyff, Pele, Maradona , Platini etc. but I've only seen highlights and snippets for me Zidane is the best I've seen though I can understand the arguments for Messi and Ronaldo , different eras /positions etc. just make it impossible to prove.

Not really bickering...passing the time now that everyone is antsy waiting on a Pirlo announcement. I agree 100% and that was what I was trying say. There's different eras, leagues, styles...you can't say someone is the best. Different players are more valuable than others for their teams. Especially if talking about midfielders it is too vast of a category to say one is better than the other. You can say someone is one of the greats...but not the greatest..too subjective and it is opinion only.

Reactions: mrplow2000
Hopefully there will be an announcement after the CL final tomorrow. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Kjbert
Not really bickering...passing the time now that everyone is antsy waiting on a Pirlo announcement. I agree 100% and that was what I was trying say. There's different eras, leagues, styles...you can't say someone is the best. Different players are more valuable than others for their teams. Especially if talking about midfielders it is too vast of a category to say one is better than the other. You can say someone is one of the greats...but not the greatest..too subjective and it is opinion only.

It was the point i was making back in the beginning when the lad said Pirlo was the best ever. The said i was wrong :confused:

Far too many variables and i threw in a number of names to make the point.

Yes, it is whiling away the hours and i thought it would make a thread rather than bounce around here.

Maybe people could name their favourite player in different positions and why.

One thing is certain, no one is wrong, it is opinion. Also it makes great debate

Is it just me ...

I have a recurring dream that the CL final goes to PKs and Pirlo wins it with a Panenka, after which he rips off his Juve jersey to uncover an NYCFC jersey underneath. At that point, Mix, in Berlin ahead of the USMNT game against Germany, rushes the field and Pirlo jumps into his arms.

Just me?

Is it just me ...

I have a recurring dream that the CL final goes to PKs and Pirlo wins it with a Panenka, after which he rips off his Juve jersey to uncover an NYCFC jersey underneath. At that point, Mix, in Berlin ahead of the USMNT game against Germany, rushes the field and Pirlo jumps into his arms.

Just me?

Just you. But it's awesome.

Reactions: edurban and Kjbert
Josh Saunders strikes me as the type of guy who would be serving warm beer in a biker bar off of Route 66 if he couldn't be a keeper. Plays soccer almost out of convenience.

Is it just me ...

Just me?

Little homoeroticism to spice these forums up

Reactions: Kjbert
Josh Saunders strikes me as the type of guy who would be serving warm beer in a biker bar off of Route 66 if he couldn't be a keeper. Plays soccer almost out of convenience.
I gotta confess that I think that's most keepers. Tim Howard maybe owns a bike repair shop.

Reactions: Kjbert and PB3
Is it just me ...

Just me?
In my version, just as I reach - I mean, just a my vision reaches its climax, it's cut short by members of Third Rail singing that horrible song.

Damn, guys. We need a win. Even my dreams are cynical.

Still quoting the same paper but ...

These are a lot of big news outlets citing this paper. I can't believe they are all so corrupt that they would publish these articles just to drum up page views if they didn't have confirmation or believe the sources of the paper or run the story through some other journalistic integrity test.

200.gif

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.