Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be awesome if Pirlos signing was announced during Sunday's game!

That would be awesome. I don't think that the team would opt to be that clever. But this game is now on ESPN. It will be a packed house. His signing being announced at the game would create huge exposure for this team and league. It would be pretty cool. It would hit European media. People would say, 'wow, what iz theeze happen in the America' (said with an eastern European accent.)

That would be awesome. I don't think that the team would opt to be that clever. But this game is now on ESPN. It will be a packed house. His signing being announced at the game would create huge exposure for this team and league. It would be pretty cool. It would hit European media. People would say, 'wow, what iz theeze happen in the America' (said with an eastern European accent.)
I just hope it is some time soon!

Reactions: Kjbert
Honestly if we don't hear news today we might not hear it Sunday either.
Last info I got they're still stuck on 3rd year. He's agreed to 18 months but doesn't want the club to have a 3rd year option.
If NYCFC put the players around him in his second year that they will when he joins in July then the guy will WANT to stay here. Unless he has plans for a farewell Italy tour in 2017 and play it out as his last year.
If he's in Miami right now and the contract is still up in the air then idk if it happens over the weekend.

What I'd like to see is them show him on the big screen on Sunday and have a stream of him inking the contract and then a camera follows him as he walks out of the suite into the stadium and to a standing ovation

Apparently there's a secret second Tifo in the supporters section.

It's a mosaic one. Maybe it says "Welcome Pirlo" on it and that's how it's announced.

Unless you already know something that I don't we both know people simply CANT keep their mouths shut. Then again if it's bringing tr and HoO together it has to be something of cosmic proportions.

I'll go back to last Sunday night. I was told the deal wasn't signed. They were hopeful it would be signed that night.

I haven't seen this person since. Might see this person again tonight. I'll ask if I do.

Apparently there's a secret second Tifo in the supporters section.

It's a mosaic one. Maybe it says "Welcome Pirlo" on it and that's how it's announced.

Yes there is. It's a big Tifo. It has the words to "Hey Baby" written on it just in case people didn't know the words by now after hearing it 50 times a game. There's even a supposed 3rd Tifo that has the "Hey Baby" words written out in 4 different languages..you know, just in case.

Unless you already know something that I don't we both know people simply CANT keep their mouths shut. Then again if it's bringing tr and HoO together it has to be something of cosmic proportions.
Well no one apparently knows what's on the bloody thing. Maybe that's what it is. It's either that or NYCFC announcing a partnership with Monster Energy drinks.

Well no one apparently knows what's on the bloody thing. Maybe that's what it is. It's either that or NYCFC announcing a partnership with Monster Energy drinks.

Jaguar energy drink actually.

Jaguar.ashx

It could be that they gave the people making it color codes on the signs to color certain ways.
Don't fuck this up supporters section...
I know Blue Ladies have been doing a tifo the last week or so if this is it.

Reactions: Kjbert and JayH
Gun to head, I wouldn't expect anything today. There's still the weekend, though, but having Pirlo in Florida isn't the best of signs, unless he comes back for Sunday. Logistically, it doesn't make too much sense.

Reactions: Kjbert
Gun to head, I wouldn't expect anything today. There's still the weekend, though, but having Pirlo in Florida isn't the best of signs, unless he comes back for Sunday. Logistically, it doesn't make too much sense.

It's probably too late for an announcement today. If there isn't some crazy thing planned for Sunday, it ain't happening till next week. This is starting to suck.

Reactions: doctorhoosier
Status
Not open for further replies.