Official Praise Thread

When I saw this on my news feed I wondered who was gonna go out a giant nycfc scarf on it.. but then I figured the artist wouldn't like that.. so don't do it.

Team photo op here would be cool like footy said
I want a GIANT scarf on it. They put that girl in front of the Raging Bull and that ruined the artists original intent.

Reactions: mgarbowski
I want a GIANT scarf on it. They put that girl in front of the Raging Bull and that ruined the artists original intent.

Fearless girl was another art installation though. I think that's different than dressing up someone else's art installation without permission. If it's with permission and for a photo op.. I think that'd be great. But otherwise, leave it be and maybe add a scarf in post.

Fearless girl was another art installation though. I think that's different than dressing up someone else's art installation without permission. If it's with permission and for a photo op.. I think that'd be great. But otherwise, leave it be and maybe add a scarf in post.
Art installation? It was a marketing campaign for an asset management company.

I don't think that's right. It was guerrilla art. No sponsor. No permits. Just created by the artist and dropped in the dead of night.

I believe he was referring to the fearless girl.

Regardless it's still art.. despite the reason for it being commissioned. Much more so than draping a giant scarf on someone else's work.

I believe he was referring to the fearless girl.

Regardless it's still art.. despite the reason for it being commissioned. Much more so than draping a giant scarf on someone else's work.
On March 7, 2017, a bronze sculpture by Kristen Visbal, Fearless Girl, was installed facing Charging Bull.[19] It was commissioned to advertise for an index fund that comprises gender-diverse companies that have a relatively high percentage of women among their senior leadership and installed in anticipation of International Women's Day the following day. It depicts a girl four-foot (1.2 m) high, promoting female empowerment.[20] After Di Modica filed complaints about Fearless Girl, it was removed in November 2018 and relocated to outside the New York Stock Exchange. A plaque with footprints was placed on the original site of Fearless Girl.[21]

(from Wikipedia)

On March 7, 2017, a bronze sculpture by Kristen Visbal, Fearless Girl, was installed facing Charging Bull.[19] It was commissioned to advertise for an index fund that comprises gender-diverse companies that have a relatively high percentage of women among their senior leadership and installed in anticipation of International Women's Day the following day. It depicts a girl four-foot (1.2 m) high, promoting female empowerment.[20] After Di Modica filed complaints about Fearless Girl, it was removed in November 2018 and relocated to outside the New York Stock Exchange. A plaque with footprints was placed on the original site of Fearless Girl.[21]

(from Wikipedia)
Thanks. Learn something new every day.

Serious hustle, speed and presence of mind from the official on this 97 yard touchdown play: changed direction twice, stayed out of the way, ran part of it backwards and then stopped dead on the goal line - where he was first to arrive - in case he needed to make a call.

Last edited:
Serious hustle, speed and presence of mind from the official on this 97 yard touchdown play: changed direction twice, stayed out of the way, ran part of it backwards and then stopped dead on the goal line - where he was first to arrive - in case he needed to make a call.

I almost posted that replay in the amazing plays thread!

Reactions: mgarbowski