Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that looked awful and I'm sure he meant no hostility in it. He admitted the fact that he should've been booked for it. Also he has came out and apologized for tackles that have injured people (such as Ben Arfa). I honestly don't believe he is a bad guy, just that he is a very physical player
Stuart Holden probably wouldn't disagree because he's too nice. I'm not. Fuck De Jong and his dirty tackles.

If Darren Fletcher's move to West Ham falls through, I could see him end up in the U.S. now or later. He has mentioned a move to MLS before. He's had some unfortunate injury/health issues, but he's a class act and still can play. I'm not suggesting a move to NYC (which, for him, would be a move to the enemy blue) but I would like to see him in the league.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
You probably said the same thing about Jozy.

Cash.jpg
I get that they're all 'bout that action, but unless they're expecting a big increase in the salary cap and an extra DP slot, I don't see any way they make this work with MLS roster restrictions.

I know they can pay for it - just not sure how they make it work with MLS.

You're forgetting that we have to offload at least four players to Wilmington. That means we have at least six spots to fill, not two. Also, it's been announced in the press that Facey is not going to come on loan, he's in Jacksonville for post-injury recovery training, probably because of the far better weather.

Can't see him being there for recovery. I watched him play 90 mins vs Schalke a couple of weeks ago, you don't play any football, let alone 90 mins if you need to work on your fitness still.

Reactions: Kjbert
What is Howard worth to MLS? I think he makes about 3 Mil USD for my Toffees. Who pays him that here?

Following Tim, it's not about the money. Think he would rather take a step down and stay over there. His fiancé is British.

Reactions: Ahab_Flanders
Guy has scored 31 goals in 61 matches. Not a bad rate - but it is League One.

He also played for a year and a half with Hibs in the SPL. Looks like a decent find. Available on a free come this summer.

Earlier in the transfer window, it looks like Celtic was going to make a move for him. If he's good enough to play for the Hoops, even in a reserve role, then he's good enough to play here.

What if they play a 3-5-2? And Poku plays deep?
plausible, but i dont want kreis to play a formation that's the "popular choice" right now in other leagues. Plus i am sure there is need for more depth with defenders and other defensive oriented midfielders

So if we send a player to Wilmington he doesn't count towards a roster spot?
Yes he does count on NYCFC roster. Now if it's a un-signed player like say Brandt, then they can come to an arrangement for Hammerheads to sign for 2015 but have a clause in there for him to be loaned to NYC if they desire, that could work. I bet Corben Bone is looking at that. But anyone like Fitz, Dunn or Shelton who are on nyc roster would basically go on loans the Wilmington and still count on NYCFC roster.

Reactions: Vito and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.