Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, agreed, De Jong would perfectly fit the mold of the position and type that folks are suggesting, as would DDR. So would Bastian S. Maybe the Brazilian Luiz Gustavo, but think he's staying put in Germany (or moving to EPL). I'm not suggesting any of these are possibilities, but all would be a nice fit for an aggressive mid. Fun to dream.

Reactions: Ike Podell
Do you guys think we will add a few more pieces to the starting XI or do you think it's pretty much set till the summer?

I think there are probably three more additions prior to kickoff. Calle likely being one. Need an experienced DM to hold the fort until DP3(?) comes. Likely one more defender too.

Reactions: Kjbert
We have 4 roster spots left and with the possible addition of Calle that would leave us with 3. We have the MCFC EDS player Shay Facey with us. We also have a few players on trial. So if they decide to sign some of these guys our roster will be full. Don't know how many more people we'll get before the beginning of the season

EDIT: I also forgot about the forward that we may have signed from Germany. I think his name is Nemec. That would leave us with two open slots

I don't think too much will happen until the summer and I don't think too much has to happen until then. I am expecting another DP or 2 this summer though.

Well if Everton gets someone to replace him he's smart enough to step away and cash in here in the states. He would make a ton of money both marketing and salary. Right now the market is overpaying for USMNT players and he's no idiot.
He doesn't even have to play if he wants to he can call it a career and get paid lots of money to sit in the booth,

He doesn't even have to play if he wants to he can call it a career and get paid lots of money to sit in the booth,

You can say that about anyone. That's ridiculous of course he can retire and sit in a booth. He's already doing some EPL commentary work. This is just stating that during the summer window if Everton goes in a different direction he could make a return to the MLS.

You can say that about anyone. That's ridiculous of course he can retire and sit in a booth. He's already doing some EPL commentary work. This is just stating that during the summer window if Everton goes in a different direction he could make a return to the MLS.
What I'm saying is that he has been very good NBC, and he could just go to the booth if he doesn't want to ruck with it anymore.

We have 4 roster spots left and with the possible addition of Calle that would leave us with 3. We have the MCFC EDS player Shay Facey with us. We also have a few players on trial. So if they decide to sign some of these guys our roster will be full. Don't know how many more people we'll get before the beginning of the season

EDIT: I also forgot about the forward that we may have signed from Germany. I think his name is Nemec. That would leave us with two open slots

You're forgetting that we have to offload at least four players to Wilmington. That means we have at least six spots to fill, not two. Also, it's been announced in the press that Facey is not going to come on loan, he's in Jacksonville for post-injury recovery training, probably because of the far better weather.

You're forgetting that we have to offload at least four players to Wilmington. That means we have at least six spots to fill, not two. Also, it's been announced in the press that Facey is not going to come on loan, he's in Jacksonville for post-injury recovery training, probably because of the far better weather.
Any guesses on who the four are?

I'd bet the last 3 draft picks plus one to be signed, but I've got no idea.

So if we send a player to Wilmington he doesn't count towards a roster spot?

How in the hell is Toronto being connected to every US National Teamer? There are 20+ and rising teams in this league - spread the wealth.

(That being said, I'd be very surprised if Tim came back to MLS within the next year. Very.)
You probably said the same thing about Jozy.

Cash.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.